JAWS and Windows Ten Question Please.

Janet

Hi Everyone,
Can someone please tell me if there is an easier way to uninstall JAWS 2021 in Windows 10 Laptop, other than going through the Control Panel? I already know how to uninstall a program through the Control Panel. I don't think I've ever uninstalled JAWS before, as I usually install it.

Thank you in advance.

Janet

Peace Be With You.

Madison Martin

Hi Janit,
Hit the Windows key
Arrow down and you'll hear all aps
Arrow down until you get to Jaws, if your computer is like mine then it'll
probably be a folder that's collapsed
If this is the case then enter on the folder and the first thing that should
come up is Jaws 2021
Press shift f10 then arrow down a few times and you'll find uninstall
Just enter on this and you should get a little voice telling how far along the
uninstall is

Hope this helps!!

Can someone please tell me if there is an easier way to uninstall JAWS 2021 in
Windows 10 Laptop, other than going through the Control Panel? I already know
how to uninstall a program through the Control Panel. I don't think I've ever
uninstalled JAWS before, as I usually install it.

Thank you in advance.

Janet

Peace Be With You.

Janet

HI Madison.
As soon as I press shift f10, all I hear is a ding sound, and that is as far as I can get, so this isn't working. I have been having problems with JAWS 2021, and I even downloaded a new version of JAWS 2021 thinking maybe JAWS 2021 got corrupted during the first download. So, after downloading again, I then get a message saying this version of JAWS needs to be repaired, so I press space or enter to allow JAWS to repair, and I'm assuming it is repairing, as I hear the ticking sound as well as a message saying JAWS is preparing to download, and I get a message about 10 or 15 minutes later saying JAWS has completed the repair, and I need to restart my computer, so I restart the computer, but JAWS is still the exact same way. I can't seem to do anything with JAWS 2021 rather on my Laptop win 10 or PC win 07.
Thank you so much for your instructions, as I wil keep them for further references.

Janet

Can someone please tell me if there is an easier way to uninstall JAWS 2021 in
Windows 10 Laptop, other than going through the Control Panel? I already know
how to uninstall a program through the Control Panel. I don't think I've ever
uninstalled JAWS before, as I usually install it.

Thank you in advance.

Janet

Peace Be With You.

Madison Martin

Oh Janit,
I'm so sorry you're having so many issues. Hopefully another list member can be
of more help. Do you want to keep trying with Jaws, or would you be willing to
try another screen reader?

Can someone please tell me if there is an easier way to uninstall JAWS 2021 in
Windows 10 Laptop, other than going through the Control Panel? I already know
how to uninstall a program through the Control Panel. I don't think I've ever
uninstalled JAWS before, as I usually install it.

Thank you in advance.

Janet

Peace Be With You.

Gene

I can't tell you just how this is done in Windows 10. If I press and release the Windows key in Windows 7, then type jaws, the start menu search shows me JAWS in the results.
If I keep down arrowing, I get to uninstall JAWS. There is no need to use shift f10.

[...]

Hi Jean and Janet,
Jean I just tried it out. Janet:
hit the Windows key, then start typing Jaws
as soon as you hear Jaws 2021 press your right arrow key
then arrow down 6 times and you'll hear uninstall
Enter on this and it should work as my previous instructions indicated

Hope this works!!!!!

Can someone please tell me if there is an easier way to uninstall JAWS 2021 in
Windows 10 Laptop, other than going through the Control Panel? I already know
how to uninstall a program through the Control Panel. I don't think I've ever
uninstalled JAWS before, as I usually install it.

Thank you in advance.

Janet

Peace Be With You.

Monte Single

Hi Janet,

When you press shift f10, you must have something selected. It could be a
word, phrase, icon, file, folder, etc..
Make sure you have something selected before pressing shift f10.
The same applies if you are using the applications key.

H t h

Monte

Can someone please tell me if there is an easier way to uninstall JAWS 2021
in Windows 10 Laptop, other than going through the Control Panel? I already
know how to uninstall a program through the Control Panel. I don't think
I've ever uninstalled JAWS before, as I usually install it.

Thank you in advance.

Janet

Peace Be With You.

Janet

Hi Gene,
Ok, I follow your steps, but even though, JAWS does appear in the results, I don't get any uninstall JAWS options. I don't think I ever remember JAWS acting this way! I can't seem to make JAWS keep the settings, I set him to keep! On my Windows 10, I have JAWS set to show on the screen when the computer starts, but he doesn't come up when I turn on my computer using Windows 7, and he doesn't come on when I turn on my Laptop Windows 10 either. I can't even go to the help files using JAWS's key and J. There is definitely something wrong with JAWS. I think I'm going to have to call freedomscientific.

Janet
Janet

Can someone please tell me if there is an easier way to uninstall JAWS 2021
in
Windows 10 Laptop, other than going through the Control Panel? I already
know
how to uninstall a program through the Control Panel. I don't think I've
ever
uninstalled JAWS before, as I usually install it.

Thank you in advance.

Janet

Peace Be With You.

Janet

HI Madison,
Thank you so much, but I paid $1000 for JAWS license, and pay for the MSA agreement every two years for JAWS updates. JAWS needs to work! I really don't want to try and use another screen reader right now, as I am trying to get used to using a Laptop, and trying to get used to using Windows 10. Wow, what a learning experience! LOL!

Janet
Smile!
I think I'm going to call freedomscientific.

I'm so sorry you're having so many issues. Hopefully another list member can be
of more help. Do you want to keep trying with Jaws, or would you be willing to
try another screen reader?

Can someone please tell me if there is an easier way to uninstall JAWS 2021 in
Windows 10 Laptop, other than going through the Control Panel? I already know
how to uninstall a program through the Control Panel. I don't think I've ever
uninstalled JAWS before, as I usually install it.

Thank you in advance.

Janet

Peace Be With You.

Loy <loyrg2845@...>

One way to uninstall is to hit the windows key type JAWS2021and use the
context key and arrow down to an option to uninstall.

Can someone please tell me if there is an easier way to uninstall JAWS 2021
in
Windows 10 Laptop, other than going through the Control Panel? I already
know
how to uninstall a program through the Control Panel. I don't think I've
ever
uninstalled JAWS before, as I usually install it.

Thank you in advance.

Janet

Peace Be With You.

gbmagoo@...

Kafter windows key type on install arrows he hit on stall down it that search box type jaws and then tap to see jaws and hit enter and tattooing says remove or uninstall I’m not sure which were hit enter and I ask you questions and answer them and let it take it out

On Jan 13, 2021, at 13:13, Janet <janet.harvard@outlook.com> wrote:

[...]

Call your Josh phone number twos technical support for John can you get somebody tandem with you on the walk you through how to do it it’s all done it’s free that’s what you get a part of your hundred dollars a year

On Jan 13, 2021, at 13:20, Janet <janet.harvard@outlook.com> wrote:

[...]

Hi Monte,
Yes, this is true, and I will keep this in mind. When I select JAWS using the control plus space bar, all that is doing is just reading JAWS 2021 version, and it just keeps repeating that over and over, so this isn't working either. I've never seen JAWS behave this way, so I'm lost with this one.
Thank you again though.

Janet

Can someone please tell me if there is an easier way to uninstall JAWS 2021
in Windows 10 Laptop, other than going through the Control Panel? I already
know how to uninstall a program through the Control Panel. I don't think
I've ever uninstalled JAWS before, as I usually install it.

Thank you in advance.

Janet

Peace Be With You.

Janet

Madison,
Ok, I just tried using these steps, but after I type JAWS in the search field, and right arrow, all I hear is Bing, and if I down arrow, I do get an uninstall, but that is to uninstall Bing, and matter of fact, I did press on the uninstall Bing because I don't want Bing as my browser anyway, and it didn't even uninstall Bing, but if it really did, I didn't get any message confirming the deletion maybe that's because Bing is a MS app, and I don't think we can delete any MS apps or Windows programs. Having said all this, when I would right arrow, or down arrow, I never heard JAWS though. Although, after I did press enter to uninstall Bing, I got another message saying programs and features, so I'm assuming I was in the control panel. It seems like JAWS is installed, but it also seems like JAWS isn't fully installed. Now, if that makes any sense, I'm not sure.

Janet

Can someone please tell me if there is an easier way to uninstall JAWS 2021 in
Windows 10 Laptop, other than going through the Control Panel? I already know
how to uninstall a program through the Control Panel. I don't think I've ever
uninstalled JAWS before, as I usually install it.

Thank you in advance.

Janet

Peace Be With You.

Gene

You can change the search engine in your browser. I don't know anything about Bing in any other way it may exist in Windows 10, as an app perhaps but don't uninstall things without checking here first. At times, people uninstall things they want to use in some way later. Programs and apps don't take a lot of room and its better to leave something installed unless you definitely know uninstalling it won't mean you can't do something you want to later.

[...]

There are Jaws specific email lists, would you like the info for any of them? If
not then I hope that Freedom Scientific can help you, they're helping me with an
issue now, though yours is way more serious, mine are just minor annoyances.

Can someone please tell me if there is an easier way to uninstall JAWS 2021 in
Windows 10 Laptop, other than going through the Control Panel? I already know
how to uninstall a program through the Control Panel. I don't think I've ever
uninstalled JAWS before, as I usually install it.

Thank you in advance.

Janet

Peace Be With You.

Janet

Gene,
I have Bing, Edge, IE, on my Windows Ten, I don't need all those browsers, but I can't delete them anyway, so they will just have to stay there. I also have Brave as my default browser, and that is the one I want to use, as I love that browser. So now, soon I will also PUT FireFox on my Windows Ten, so if I need that. So when all is said and done, at the end of the day, I will have a total of 5 browsers, but I will only use 2 of them! I do want to disable Edge and Bing though, as they get in my way sometimes when I am downloading something or searching on the web. Edge is determine to be my default browser, and I am determine he is not going to be my default browser! Smile!

Janet .

Can someone please tell me if there is an easier way to uninstall JAWS 2021
in
Windows 10 Laptop, other than going through the Control Panel? I already
know
how to uninstall a program through the Control Panel. I don't think I've
ever
uninstalled JAWS before, as I usually install it.

Thank you in advance.

Janet

Peace Be With You.

Madison Martin

Hi Janet,
I get it, I was just asking that's all. I'll be honest, I really don't find
Windows 10 to be much different from Windows 7. I do understand your
frustrations though, and wish I could be of more help. There are Jaws specific
[...]

Yes, that is exactly what I plan on doing. I just thought I would ask here on the list first, as when calling Tech support, one could be on the phone for quite a while, but I'm thinking I really don't have any other choice, as I can't make heads or tails out of this one! LOL! Thank you for this.

Janet

I'm so sorry you're having so many issues. Hopefully another list member can be
of more help. Do you want to keep trying with Jaws, or would you be willing to
try another screen reader?

Can someone please tell me if there is an easier way to uninstall JAWS 2021 in
Windows 10 Laptop, other than going through the Control Panel? I already know
how to uninstall a program through the Control Panel. I don't think I've ever
uninstalled JAWS before, as I usually install it.

Thank you in advance.

Janet

Peace Be With You.

Madison Martin

Do you need the number? I've been talking with them via email, but that's because I hate talking on the phone.