Google device or Alexa device?

Vicky Vaughan

Hi List, Is there a way to get either of these devices to work with email messages?  That is to: read them, respond to them, delete them or store them in a folder?

Many thanks for any help!

Sincerely, Vicky V

Hi Vicki,
I would be more than happy to assist you with connecting your email to either of these devices. I am most familiar with the Amazon Alexa but I know Google home will also read your emails. If you want email me back privately and I can give you my contact information. I mostly assist people over the phone.

Ashley

On Jan 15, 2021, at 10:21 PM, Vicky Vaughan <vrvaughan63@...> wrote:

Hi List, Is there a way to get either of these devices to work with email messages?  That is to: read them, respond to them, delete them or store them in a folder?

Many thanks for any help!

Sincerely, Vicky V

Vicky Vaughan

Thanks, so much and I will contact you on Saturday!

Sincerely, Vicky V

I would be more than happy to assist you with connecting your email to either of these devices. I am most familiar with the Amazon Alexa but I know Google home will also read your emails. If you want email me back privately and I can give you my contact information. I mostly assist people over the phone.

Ashley

On Jan 15, 2021, at 10:21 PM, Vicky Vaughan <vrvaughan63@...> wrote:

Hi List, Is there a way to get either of these devices to work with email messages?  That is to: read them, respond to them, delete them or store them in a folder?

Many thanks for any help!

Sincerely, Vicky V

All right chat with you then.

Ashley

On Jan 15, 2021, at 10:27 PM, Vicky Vaughan <vrvaughan63@...> wrote:

Thanks, so much and I will contact you on Saturday!

Sincerely, Vicky V

I would be more than happy to assist you with connecting your email to either of these devices. I am most familiar with the Amazon Alexa but I know Google home will also read your emails. If you want email me back privately and I can give you my contact information. I mostly assist people over the phone.

Ashley

On Jan 15, 2021, at 10:21 PM, Vicky Vaughan <vrvaughan63@...> wrote:

Hi List, Is there a way to get either of these devices to work with email messages?  That is to: read them, respond to them, delete them or store them in a folder?

Many thanks for any help!

Sincerely, Vicky V

heather albright

I personally have both speakers. I have them in my room and in the office and my mom has both in her room. They both have qualities to like and dislike.  It is good have both say if you are trying to get your smart plugs to work, some times google does a better job than alexa. Sometimes if you want music, alexa is better at that than google.  Find that google does a better job of spelling words than alexa, she actually pauses between letters alexa does not always do this.  So it is good to have both if you can. Cheers Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Thanks, so much and I will contact you on Saturday!

Sincerely, Vicky V

I would be more than happy to assist you with connecting your email to either of these devices. I am most familiar with the Amazon Alexa but I know Google home will also read your emails. If you want email me back privately and I can give you my contact information. I mostly assist people over the phone.

Ashley

On Jan 15, 2021, at 10:21 PM, Vicky Vaughan <vrvaughan63@...> wrote:

Hi List, Is there a way to get either of these devices to work with email messages?  That is to: read them, respond to them, delete them or store them in a folder?

Many thanks for any help!

Sincerely, Vicky V

Carolyn Arnold

Heather, what are the pros and cons of Alexa and Google?

On Jan 15, 2021, at 10:21 PM, Vicky Vaughan <vrvaughan63@gmail.com <mailto:vrvaughan63@gmail.com> > wrote:

Hi List, Is there a way to get either of these devices to work with email messages? That is to: read them, respond to them, delete them or store them in a folder?

Many thanks for any help!

Sincerely, Vicky V

heather albright

Well I will start with google. Pros, she spells slower than alexa with pauses. She plays podcast better too my opinion. She handles smart plugs better that are not amazon based like the smart life and wemo. She has more information on certain subjects. She can have several voices not just one voice. Her language data base is more extensive. Cons, it is hard to pare smart items with google and she has to apps to control the speaker instead of just one like alexa. She does not have as many apps that work or connect with the speaker. You cant drop in on other speakers.

Alexa, pros, you have a wide range of connected devices to connect with on the speaker. She always has more skills to use; you can change her wake word; you can drop in to different rooms and locations with your contacts; you can listen to music for free with amazon if you have prime; you can order using the speaker or put something in the cart; if you have the show, you can have face to face conversations across the country. Cons, alexa has not have  the spelling feature to spell slow if you are trying to do dictation; her data base for information is not as good; amazon has some issues with their smart plugs that do not always work wich means your plugs do not work especially with their outages; not all their stuff is fullally  accessible for example, you cant turn on the feature that allows you to tell the speaker to delete everything that you said as the app does not allow vo users to access that on the app; you have to have prime to make the nost out of the speaker.

Both speakers will: tell the time and temp, give directions, tell jokes; give sports scores; play games; tell stories; give the news. OH, forgot , it easyer to make routines with alexa as you only have one app to deal with while google makes you use 2 apps.

This is just off the top of my head.

Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>  for Windows 10

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kerryn

Gunness via groups.io