Removing Checks in File Explorer

Joe Orozco

Hi, on Windows 10, while navigating File Explorer, can someone remind
me how to make JAWS stop saying “checked” after every file and folder?
I just want it to read the file or folder title. I can’t remember how
I did this on my main machine. Thanks for any help.--Joe

Mike B.

Hi Joe,

Try the following:
1. From your desktop press enter on the, This PC, icon if you have one, or press, Windows key + E, to take you to This PC / File Explorer.

2. Press, Alt + F, then the letter, O, for folder options,
If pressing the letter, O, won't open folder options, after you press, Alt + F, tab a couple of times to, change folder options, and press enter.
now, Control + Tab, to the, View page / tab.

3. Tab to the, advanced settings tree view, now press the letter, U , until you hear Jaws report, Use checkboxes to select items...., if this is, On, press
the spacebar to uncheck / turn it off.

4. Tab to, Okay, and press enter to save / close.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

Hi, on Windows 10, while navigating File Explorer, can someone remind
me how to make JAWS stop saying “checked” after every file and folder?
I just want it to read the file or folder title. I can’t remember how
I did this on my main machine. Thanks for any help.--Joe

Joe Orozco

I'm gonna buy you a drink or three when we meet in person sir. Thank
you for being so awesome.--Joe