zoom

Kerryn Gunness <k_gunness@...>

hi all
 how to turn off notifications in zoom from having your screen reader say who comes in the meeting etc
thanks

taylor arndt <taylor@...>

Caren,

  1. Make sure you are signed into zoom.
  2. Find your profile and press enter
  3. Find settings
  4. Find accessibility followed by screen reader alerts.
  5. Here you can toggle the alerts you want to be shown.

Hope this helps

Taylor Arndt

Founder Taylors Accessibility Services LLC

Email: taylor@...

Phone: 2692135087

From: Leo Bado

how to turn off notifications in zoom from having your screen reader say who comes in the meeting etc

thanks

chris judge

I will make it a point to work with zoom with NVDA this week after installing the add-on. It would be interesting to know how far they've come. I purchased the professional jaws scripts for zoom because I do a lot of hosting. It would be interesting to see how NVDA handles participant management, admitting people from the waiting room, etc.

Chris Judge

From: Leo Bado

[...]

"It seems to me that I will always be happy in the place where I am not."
Paul Auster. "City of Glass"

how to turn off notifications in zoom from having your screen reader say who
comes in the meeting etc

thanks

Gene

I have no idea. I was thinking in terms of a participant who isn't a host. The combination of Zoom commands and the abilities of the add-on allow the user to do all sorts of things and customize what is spoken. I have no idea about hosting but I don't think the add-on has much, if anything directed specifically toward that use. I'll be interested in your comments since my only experience is as a participant.

From: Leo Bado

how to turn off notifications in zoom from having your screen reader say who
comes in the meeting etc

thanks

chris judge

I will let you know what I discover. I know zoom is constantly changing and Brian Hartgen, who created the professional scripts has to update them on a regular basis, it seems almost weekly these days, to keep up with changes to zoom.

Chris Judge

From: Leo Bado