how to activate buttons with jaws?

stacy west <stacywest406@...>

how do I     activate buttons with jaws?

for example:

register button

pressing enter on it won't seem to move to the form

any ideas

Allen West

Usually, the spacebar activates buttons. Most often either the spacebar or Enter activates them. Then there are those times when neither will work.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 11, 2018, at 1:12 PM, stacy west <stacywest406@gmail.com> wrote:

how do I activate buttons with jaws?

for example:

register button

pressing enter on it won't seem to move to the form

any ideas

Thom Spittle

Usually Enter or Space Bar will do the trick.
Here is an alternative.
When on the button try clicking the left moust button, it is the
slash, which is above the number 8 on the number pad.

Sometimes things don't work as they shold

Another thing you can do is do insert F3. This will bring up a list.
arrow to the word and you should get a list of buttons. You may try
to activate it there.
Thombutton

On 1/11/18, stacy west <stacywest406@gmail.com> wrote:
how do I     activate buttons with jaws?

for example:

register button

pressing enter on it won't seem to move to the form

any ideas

Gene

I assume you are asking about a web site.  If a site is publicly accessible, please give the link to the page you are asking about.  Just copy and paste it into the message from the address bar.  People can tell you various things to try but without being able to test the site, people can't tell you if they found something that will definitely work or if nothing people try works.

Space is supposed to work on web sites.  If it doesn't, you can try using enter. If that doesn't work, you can try routing the mouse to the virtual pc cursor and activating it with left click.  Stay in the virtual cursor for all this.

If that doesn't work, you can try turning off the Virtual PC cursor and read current line to see if you are on the button.  If you aren't and if you are cloase enough to make this reasonable, tab or shift tab to get to it.  Then try the space bar.

Trying to route the mouse to the button with the virtual pc cursorr may work but it often won't.  It will often take you out of the window when you click, but you can try.

Control z turns the virtual pc cursor off.  It also toggles it back on.
Gene

how do I     activate buttons with jaws?

for example:

register button

pressing enter on it won't seem to move to the form

any ideas

stacy west <stacywest406@...>

thanks so much. I wasn't too keane on sharing the link as it was a depression site.

but I'm now in.

the cursor thing worked

On 11/01/2018 19:21, Gene wrote:
[...]

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

you activate buttons with Jaws the way you activate buttons with every other screen reader. This is a ***WINDOWS COMMAND***. Hit the spacebar on buttons. Always hit the spacebar on buttons unless you want to activate the default button. If you hit enter on a button in a dialog you will activate the default not the control you're actially on.

If you tell us what site this is, maybe we can help more effectively.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring