From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Troy Burnham
Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2021 2:41 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] need help with a bluetooth speaker that has alexa capability

Hi all,

I bought a new bluetooth speaker that I'm supposed to be able to use
amazon alexa with but I haven't been able to make it work. Do I need to
connect it to the bluetooth of my echo to set it up and if not what can
I try? Btw the only buttons on the speaker are the up and down volume
buttons, the on/off button, and the bluetooth button. I've been able to
get the speaker connected to my echo via bluetooth but that's as far as
I've gotten.

I also just tried to call amazon disability for help, but as soon as I
told the automated system what I wanted everything went totally silent.
I would think that if my request was received that I would've been told
that I was going to be connected with someone who could help me.

Troy

Troy Burnham

The brand name is Tronsmart and it's a portable speaker.

I have the alexa app on my phone and as a matter of fact the first day I had the speaker I thought I had alexa responding to me through the speaker, but I had bluetoothed the speaker to my amazon echo plus I was right next to the echo as I was giving commands, so I actually think that when I heard alexa talking she was most likely coming from the echo through the speaker and not from the speaker directly. I believe that because later the same evening I moved into another room with the speaker and tried to summon alexa and it didn't work.

Troy

On 1/26/2021 4:31 PM, Janet wrote:
Hi Troy,
What kind of Bluetooth Speaker are you using? How did you connect the speaker to the Echo? You do have the Alexa app on your phone right?

Janet