Bluetooth dongle?

Vicky Vaughan

Hi List, I have been told that the Oticon More 1 hearing aids will stream my computer’s sound to my hearing aids through using a Bluetooth dongle.  However I have tried that sometime ago with Starkey and the sound quality was awful.

Could there be differing types or qualities of dongles?

I would like to get the quality from these as I think the Com Pilot does for the Phonak.  Do any of you think that is possible?

I do have the possibility of trying out the Phonak hearing aids.  What do you think?

I will really appreciate your thoughts!

Sincerely, Vicky V

Laz

I don't know very much about hearing aids so can't comment about them
but I do know a little about Bluetooth transmitters.

Yes, there are many different types and the quality varies. Some are
mono while others transmit in stereo. Some are very clear while others
sound crackly, hiss, or make other noises. Some are very short range
while others will transmit over much longer distances.

Laz

On 2/11/21, Vicky Vaughan <vrvaughan63@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi List, I have been told that the Oticon More 1 hearing aids will stream
my
computer's sound to my hearing aids through using a Bluetooth dongle.
However I have tried that sometime ago with Starkey and the sound quality
was awful.

Could there be differing types or qualities of dongles?

I would like to get the quality from these as I think the Com Pilot does
for
the Phonak. Do any of you think that is possible?

I do have the possibility of trying out the Phonak hearing aids. What do
you think?

I will really appreciate your thoughts!

Sincerely, Vicky V

https://www.avg.com

accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@talkingmp3players.com
Phone: 727-498-0121

Vicky Vaughan

Hi Laz, Would you help me order the best sounding stereo Bluetooth dongle?

Thanks very much!

Sincerely, Vicky V

--
Affordably priced Accessible Talking MP3 Player/book Reader, Victor Reader Stream & Trek, blindshell Classic phone, Bluetooth devices, and accessories http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@talkingmp3players.com
Phone: 727-498-0121

https://www.avg.com

Laz

Hi Vicky,

The best sounding one I've found is the one we decided to sell on our
site but like I said I don't know much about hearing aids. Apparently
some hearing aids will pair just fine with this BT transmitter, while
some customers have reported that it didn't work with their particular
hearing aids.

I"m referring to the one below which is portable and can be connected
via USB to a computer or any other device via a headphone jack. When
used with a computer it allows one to use a headset for making calls
with Skype, Google Voice, etc, but I don't know that hearing aids have
built-in mics or not for this purpose. Many use this for their Victor
Reader Streams for wireless listening. Here's the link:

The portable Swivel Jack RTX Bluetooth transmitter/receiver is just
$44.99! Perfect for making your Victor Stream or any device with a
headphone jack, able to connect to your Bluetooth headphones or
speaker! Connect it to your computer's USB port and have it come
through your Bluetooth headset or speaker! The receiver side speaks
everything from power on through power off! It boasts a range of 100
Feet and much more...
https://talkingmp3players-com.3dcartstores.com/Miccus-Swivel-Jack-RTX-Bluetooth-TransmitterReceiver_p_18.html

I hope that helps.

Stay well,

Laz

On 2/12/21, Vicky Vaughan <vrvaughan63@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Mike B.

Hi Laz,

Am I understanding this correctly in the sense that I can plug this device into my desktop computers and and use my Trex Air Aftershokz or Logitech H800 headsets, and both headsets will pickup the bluetooth signal from this device?  Thanks much.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

On 2/12/21, Vicky Vaughan <vrvaughan63@...> wrote:
> Hi Laz, Would you help me order the best sounding stereo Bluetooth dongle?
>
> Thanks very much!
>
> Sincerely, Vicky V

Yes Mike, that's correct.

Laz

On 2/12/21, Mike B <mb69mach1@fastmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Hi Laz, That sounds grate and I'll be ordering it.

Sincerely, Vicky V