playing siriusXM on 2 devices at the same time

Troy Burnham

Hi all,

If I try to listen to siriusXM here at home with my amazon echo and my mom tries to listen through the xm app on her phone while at work, whoever starts listening first the feed gets interrupted when the other person turns it on. Is this normal behavior and is there anything we can do where we can both listen at the same time with no interruptions? Btw this is with an online subscription, the same thing doesn't happen between the xm receiver in the car and my echo.

Thanks.

Troy

John Holcomb II

Do you have an account that let’s you listen to all devices at the same time nad are all of them registered ?
John

On Mar 4, 2021, at 9:21 AM, Troy Burnham <troyburnham34@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

If I try to listen to siriusXM here at home with my amazon echo and my mom tries to listen through the xm app on her phone while at work, whoever starts listening first the feed gets interrupted when the other person turns it on. Is this normal behavior and is there anything we can do where we can both listen at the same time with no interruptions? Btw this is with an online subscription, the same thing doesn't happen between the xm receiver in the car and my echo.

Thanks.

Troy

Troy Burnham

John,

I don't know the answer to either of your questions. That may at least give me an idea of what to ask about if or when I contact siriusXM.

Troy

On 3/4/2021 9:58 AM, John Holcomb II wrote:
Do you have an account that let’s you listen to all devices at the same time nad are all of them registered ?
John
On Mar 4, 2021, at 9:21 AM, Troy Burnham <troyburnham34@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

If I try to listen to siriusXM here at home with my amazon echo and my mom tries to listen through the xm app on her phone while at work, whoever starts listening first the feed gets interrupted when the other person turns it on. Is this normal behavior and is there anything we can do where we can both listen at the same time with no interruptions? Btw this is with an online subscription, the same thing doesn't happen between the xm receiver in the car and my echo.

Thanks.

Troy

Wendy Walker

I have an online subscription and I was told by the rep I could only listen to it on one device at a time. He was very specific aboutit.

Wendy

On Mar 4, 2021, at 11:14 AM, Troy Burnham <troyburnham34@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

chris judge

This is true. I use Sirius all the time. I usually use my amazon echo to select what channel I want to listen to. If we try to launch Sirius on another speaker it won't work and we get a message from Sirius that it is already playing on another device. I haven't tried listening on the app while playing on an echo device.

[...]

Veronica Kirk

If I don't forget, I am going to listen to SiriusXM in the vehicle and then come in the house and try to listen on the computer.

[...]

That might be different if one of the devices is a radio. I'm not really sure as I just have the streaming package.

Chris Judge

[...]

Chris,

I can tell you from personal experience that if you're listening to siriusXM on an echo that you can't also have it playing on the app at the same time. At least it appears to be that way, my mom has the app on her phone and if she's at work and opens the app while I'm listening here at home through my echo my feed stops and when I try to restart I get a message that siriusXM is being played on another device, and I'm pretty sure that if she is listening to the app at work and I ask my echo to play siriusXM the same thing happens as I described above in reverse. That's why I originally started this thread, to see if anything can be done.

Btw my mom has an xm receiver in her car and she can have it on in the car and I can be listening here at the same time.

Troy

On 4/6/2021 9:29 AM, chris judge wrote:
[...]

I wonder if they offer some kind of family thing where you can have more than one account and more than one person able to listen. Hmm.
John

[...]

Hi Troy. You might want to contact Sirius to see if there is an upgrade to allow you to stream on more than one device. I don't know if there is.