Victor Trek, is it worth the money?

Walter Ramage

Hi all.  When the Victor Trek was first due for release I placed a preorder however I cancelled that preorder as other things took priority at that time.  I am now again thinking about purchasing this item.  It has been on the market for a while now and I would like to get your feedback if you own one of these devices.  It is an expensive item and thus I don’t want to waist my money.  I do have a Victor Strasa12m player and though I like it I had to send it back for repair and once it returned after about a year the same problem re-occurred.  When I returned it the first time they took the easy option and changed the board rather than trying to find out the problem.  After the second episode I have stored it away for emergency use and bought a Plextalk and I’ve had no trouble with this machine since I got it.  So this might give you an idea of why I would like feedback regarding the Victor trek as I’m not too sure about the reliability of their products.  However I must balance this by saying I have the Trekker Breeze Plus and although I’ve not used it much in recent times it hasn’t given me any trouble apart from a battery replacement.

So if you have, an use the Victor Trek what is your experience and would you recommend it.  Any opinions would be appreciated.  Walter.

Joe Orozco

Hi, I owned a Victor Trek and sold it. It’s a great product, but my
phone does a more dynamic job of providing navigation. I have a Victor
Reader 2nd generation and do love the better battery and physical
buttons. It’s just the GPS function I did not fully appreciate on the
latter. Hope this helps.

Joe