Victor Trek, is it worth the money?

Joe Orozco

Hi, I owned a Victor Trek and sold it. It’s a great product, but my
phone does a more dynamic job of providing navigation. I have a Victor
Reader 2nd generation and do love the better battery and physical
buttons. It’s just the GPS function I did not fully appreciate on the
latter. Hope this helps.

Joe

On 3/7/21, Walter Ramage via groups.io <wpr=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
Hi all. When the Victor Trek was first due for release I placed a preorder
however I cancelled that preorder as other things took priority at that
time. I am now again thinking about purchasing this item. It has been on
the market for a while now and I would like to get your feedback if you own
one of these devices. It is an expensive item and thus I don't want to
waist my money. I do have a Victor Strasa12m player and though I like it I
had to send it back for repair and once it returned after about a year the
same problem re-occurred. When I returned it the first time they took the
easy option and changed the board rather than trying to find out the
problem. After the second episode I have stored it away for emergency use
and bought a Plextalk and I've had no trouble with this machine since I got
it. So this might give you an idea of why I would like feedback regarding
the Victor trek as I'm not too sure about the reliability of their
products.
However I must balance this by saying I have the Trekker Breeze Plus and
although I've not used it much in recent times it hasn't given me any
trouble apart from a battery replacement.

So if you have, an use the Victor Trek what is your experience and would
you
recommend it. Any opinions would be appreciated. Walter.

Walter Ramage