Amazon Alexa Question

Shelly Kane

Hi Group:

I have been using the echo dot for almost 4 years and have never had any problems.  Since yesterday, I have noticed that Alexa sounds lower than usual and a bit staticky at times.  I didn't do anything differently and we unplugged her and then plugged it back in and that didn't work.  Has anyone else had a problem like this?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.  I use it quite a bit and hope that I don't need a new one.

Shelly

Hello,
Try telling her volume five. Then double check to see if it’s still sounds staticky . It sounds like your volume might just be low.
Hope this helps,

Ashley

On Mar 14, 2021, at 3:05 PM, Shelly Kane <shellykane323@gmail.com> wrote:

 Hi Group:

I have been using the echo dot for almost 4 years and have never had any problems. Since yesterday, I have noticed that Alexa sounds lower than usual and a bit staticky at times. I didn't do anything differently and we unplugged her and then plugged it back in and that didn't work. Has anyone else had a problem like this? Any help will be greatly appreciated. I use it quite a bit and hope that I don't need a new one.

Shelly

Shelly Kane

Ashley:

Thanks for the suggestion but it didn't work.  I said Alexa, volume five and nothing happens.  After that, I ask her a question and she still sounds muffled.

Shelly

On 3/14/2021 1:40 PM, Ashley Breger via groups.io wrote:
Hello,
Try telling her volume five. Then double check to see if it’s still sounds staticky . It sounds like your volume might just be low.
Hope this helps,

Ashley

On Mar 14, 2021, at 3:05 PM, Shelly Kane <shellykane323@gmail.com> wrote:

 Hi Group:

I have been using the echo dot for almost 4 years and have never had any problems. Since yesterday, I have noticed that Alexa sounds lower than usual and a bit staticky at times. I didn't do anything differently and we unplugged her and then plugged it back in and that didn't work. Has anyone else had a problem like this? Any help will be greatly appreciated. I use it quite a bit and hope that I don't need a new one.

Shelly

The only other thing I can think of to do is to go into the Alexa app, click on devices tab at the bottom, click on all devices, then select the device that is giving you trouble and scroll down to the Deregister. After doing this you will need to set her up as a new device.
Note this will not disable your skills that you have enabled.

Ashley

On Mar 15, 2021, at 2:29 AM, Shelly Kane <shellykane323@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

-

One thing to exclude is the wifi connection and/or router upstream. Move the echo to see if the results change. Reboot the router. Do you
have other devices using wifi and has their output changed?

--
XR

Ron Canazzi

Hello:

The proper command is:
Alexa: Volume UP.

Repeat this until the volume is at your desired level.

Similarly for lowering the volume say:
Alexa: volume down until you reach the desired level.

On 3/15/2021 5:31 AM, Shelly Kane wrote:
[...]

They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Sugar Lopez

Thanks. I've always said" Alexa turn it up or turn it down it works to
sugar
- - Winnie the Pooh

Please walk with me through a second chance of life:

-Sugar, ❤😘

wrote:

 Hi Group:

I have been using the echo dot for almost 4 years and have never had
any problems. Since yesterday, I have noticed that Alexa sounds
lower than usual and a bit staticky at times. I didn't do anything
differently and we unplugged her and then plugged it back in and
that didn't work. Has anyone else had a problem like this? Any
help will be greatly appreciated. I use it quite a bit and hope
that I don't need a new one.

Shelly

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Monte Single

It is the same with the google assistant volume up or down.
, or I can also say "volume" followed by a number from 1 through 10.

wrote:

 Hi Group:

I have been using the echo dot for almost 4 years and have never had
any problems. Since yesterday, I have noticed that Alexa sounds
lower than usual and a bit staticky at times. I didn't do anything
differently and we unplugged her and then plugged it back in and
that didn't work. Has anyone else had a problem like this? Any
help will be greatly appreciated. I use it quite a bit and hope
that I don't need a new one.

Shelly

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Hmm, with Alexa, can't you request a certain volume level?

On My Google toy, I can say stuff like: "Ok Google, Volume Up 40%, or
Volume Down 15%" and it adjusts to the requested volume accordingly. I can
also use the "set' instructions to adjust volume; example, SET VOLUME 30%.

I would think that these types of instructions are also possible with Alexa?
Much thanks!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Gene

But this appears to be two problems, that the volume is lower thanit should be and that the sound is muffled.

That being the case, and since suggestions haven't helped either problem, my question is how other audio sounds. If you play music, does it sound muffled and is the volume low? Do you have more than one unit and is this problem limited to one unit or common to all? When problems occur, the possibility that there is something wrong with a unit itself shouldn't be forgotten or overlooked when the kinds of settings or software suggestions don't help.

[...]

I'm going to have my niece help me with this when she comes on Wednesday.  I will let you know how it goes.  If that doesn't work, we are going to unplug the echo from the wall and try and reset it.

Shelly

On 3/15/2021 4:30 AM, Ashley Breger via groups.io wrote:
[...]

Ron:

Thank you so much.  I greatly appreciate your help.  Alexa is working again and she is back to full volume.  I tried when this happened to tell her to turn up the volume and she wouldn't and then Ashley told me to try volume five but that didn't work.  Now I know just to say volume up or down.  I thought she was broken. She is used for quite a bit around here.  Thanks to everyone who responded.

Shelly

On 3/15/2021 11:42 AM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
[...]

Gene:

I did as Ron suggested and said volume up and it seems to be fine.  I have tried playing music on there and there is no problem.  Maybe the muffled sound was because it was so low and we couldn't hear it.  I will have to play with it more to see if I notice any static.

Shelly

-----Original Message----- From: Ron Canazzi
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2021 12:42 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

[...]

Maybe that unit doesn't follow the number commands. It sounds as though its working properly again and that's good.

Sent: Monday, March 15, 2021 12:42 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

[...]

Howard Traxler

Referring to the Amazon Echo Dot:  I think there are volume control buttons on the top surface of the device?  There are only four buttons; can someone please describe the function of each of them? Thank you.

Howard

On 3/16/2021 4:09 AM, Shelly Kane wrote:
[...]

chris judge

Hi. If you are sitting with the echo in front of you the buttons are as follows. With the power cord away from you, the button with the dash on it,at the six o'clock position, is volume down. The button at the twelve o'clock position is volume up. The button at the nine o'clock position is to mute and unmute her Mic, and the button at the three o'clock position is a set up button.

Hope this helps.
Chris Judge

wrote:

 Hi Group:

I have been using the echo dot for almost 4 years and have never
had any problems. Since yesterday, I have noticed that Alexa
sounds lower than usual and a bit staticky at times. I didn't do
anything differently and we unplugged her and then plugged it back
in and that didn't work. Has anyone else had a problem like this?
Any help will be greatly appreciated. I use it quite a bit and
hope that I don't need a new one.

Shelly

Donna

You can tell Alexa to increase the volume using percentages- Alexa volume up 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%...

Donna

[...]

John Holcomb II

I can say set the volume to 5 and it will.
John

wrote:

 Hi Group:

I have been using the echo dot for almost 4 years and have never
had any problems. Since yesterday, I have noticed that Alexa
sounds lower than usual and a bit staticky at times. I didn't do
anything differently and we unplugged her and then plugged it back
in and that didn't work. Has anyone else had a problem like this?
Any help will be greatly appreciated. I use it quite a bit and
hope that I don't need a new one.

Shelly

Shelly Kane

Gene:

Yes, everything seems to be back to normal and the voice isn't low or muffled anymore and there is no static from what I can tell.  Thank you all again for your help.  It is greatly appreciated.

Shelly

-----Original Message----- From: Shelly Kane