From: Jim Rawls
Sent: Sunday, March 14, 2021 3:07 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] I'm fed up. I need help badly.

Hi all, I have mentioned this computer and the problems it has before. I am ready to trash it. For example, it will not update. Microsoft could not make it update. When I try to install a program, like jaws for example, the program will not install. I am authorized for jaws 19 20 and 21, but they won’t install. Neither will any other program. Every time I try to install a program, I hear jaws say. The install has failed. My outlook program is not working correctly either. Spell check is all messed up.  It is outlook 10.

I have tried to do a system restore, but it will not go back to an earlier restore point. So, I want   to know if any ideas I have will work, If I go back  to factory settings,  on this dell, and then try to set up my computer, will it at like   a new computer, eliminating all the mess I now have? And how can I hold on to the programs on here, that I want to keep, like my   office small business edition? This is a windows ten computer, at least it says it is, and I am running jaws 18. So if you can help please do. Jim

Gene

You don't have to reinstall Windows. Windows 10 has a feature that places a completely clean installation of Windows on the machine andit will do so from the current installation. others who use Windows 10 can tell you the name of the feature and how to use it. I don't think you can keep any active programs installed. You can keep files, such as documents, music, etc. on the drive, but if you could keep active programs, it wouldn't be a clean installation of Windows.