changing time on a Sharp el640 calculator?

Troy Burnham

Hi all,

A friend of mine has one of the old Sharp el640 calculators and neither she or her husband can remember how to change the time on it. Specifically they want to change it to daylight savings time, but if doing that is the same procedure as just changing the time if somebody can let me know how to do it so I can pass it along I'd appreciate it.

Troy

E.M. Kirtley

Hello,  There is a button that you press in the settings that will say “day-light savings time” when pressed  (on and off).  I believe it is the one above the multiplication button.  It is in that row going up and down.

Hth

A friend of mine has one of the old Sharp el640 calculators and neither

she or her husband can remember how to change the time on it.

Specifically they want to change it to daylight savings time, but if

doing that is the same procedure as just changing the time if somebody

can let me know how to do it so I can pass it along I'd appreciate it.

Troy

Carolyn Arnold

Well, yeah, it would be like changing time, just set with the hour one hour later. There may be a way to do just Daylight Savings. I think there is on the Victor Stream, but I just set mine like I'm setting the clock, only with the time, you just have to change the hour.

A friend of mine has one of the old Sharp el640 calculators and neither she or her husband can remember how to change the time on it.
Specifically they want to change it to daylight savings time, but if doing that is the same procedure as just changing the time if somebody can let me know how to do it so I can pass it along I'd appreciate it.

Troy

DAVID GLOBE

on the Sharp clock, to set the daylight saving time, you press the recall memory button whitch is below the equals, then press the button to the left of that, this would be the minus button if you weren't in set mode. that will give you daylight saving time, or standard time, or you can do as you suggested and just set it outrite.
David

Well, yeah, it would be like changing time, just set with the hour one hour later. There may be a way to do just Daylight Savings. I think there is on the Victor Stream, but I just set mine like I'm setting the clock, only with the time, you just have to change the hour.

A friend of mine has one of the old Sharp el640 calculators and neither she or her husband can remember how to change the time on it.
Specifically they want to change it to daylight savings time, but if doing that is the same procedure as just changing the time if somebody can let me know how to do it so I can pass it along I'd appreciate it.

Troy

-

There is a button that automattically moves 1 hour ahead or behind. It is in the 2nd column of buttons from the right; the 3rd or 4th one from
the bottom.

--
XR