accessible cable TVs

Madison Martin

Hi all,
I'm not sure if anything like this exists, but I'm going to ask anyway. Does
anyone know of any accessible cable TVs? I don't necessary mean one that's all
voice-activated/controlled, but just one where you know what's on the screen
like when you punch in a channel number and it shows what's on that channel or
when you're going through the TV guide trying to find something to watch. I know
there's the Amazon Firestick and other such things and streaming services, but
we'd like to stick with cable. If no one knows of any then that's fine I'm
simply asking out of curiosity. Thanks for any info anyone can provide!!!!!
Madison

Jim Wohlgamuth

Hi There!

Not certain of what is available in Canada, but I have Comcast and that is very accessible.  I know the AT&T has speech now as well as Charter or whatever there called now.  I use the voice remote with my comcast all the time and it works extremely well!

Good Luck And Have A Good 1!

de

<wohlggie@...><KF8LT><Jim>.

On 16-Mar-21 14:52, Madison Martin wrote:
Hi all,
I'm not sure if anything like this exists, but I'm going to ask anyway. Does
anyone know of any accessible cable TVs? I don't necessary mean one that's all
voice-activated/controlled, but just  one where you know what's on the screen
like when you punch in a channel number and it shows what's on that channel or
when you're going through the TV guide trying to find something to watch. I know
there's the Amazon Firestick and other such things and streaming services, but
we'd like to stick with cable. If no one knows of any then that's fine I'm
simply asking out of curiosity. Thanks for any info anyone can provide!!!!!
Madison

John Holcomb II

Verizon has also improved as per my understanding. So they might be worth a look.

I know spectrum has accessibility stuff too.

John

[...]

Monte Single

Hi Madison,

When talking about different phone, cable and internet services on these
lists, it is good to say the area where you live.
I know you live in Manitoba, but the majority of people on these lists do
not or do not remember that.
As Mitch mentioned in another message, Shaw may have the service you are
looking for and I know Shaw is one of the players in Manitoba.
Good luck,

Monte

P s, I heard on the news yesterday that Rogers will purchase Shaw for a
bizillion dollars in the near future.
...and another one bites the dust.
Here in Canada, the big I s ps are Bell, Rogers, Telus and

Shaw.-----Original Message-----
I'm not sure if anything like this exists, but I'm going to ask anyway. Does
anyone know of any accessible cable TVs? I don't necessary mean one that's
all voice-activated/controlled, but just one where you know what's on the
screen like when you punch in a channel number and it shows what's on that
channel or when you're going through the TV guide trying to find something
to watch. I know there's the Amazon Firestick and other such things and
streaming services, but we'd like to stick with cable. If no one knows of
any then that's fine I'm simply asking out of curiosity. Thanks for any info
anyone can provide!!!!!
Madison

Gerald Levy

Another thing, Madison.  It is not necessary to cross post your inquiry to every blindness-related tech list at the same time.  Post to one or two of them at a time, and if you don't receive satisfactory responses, then go on and post to a few others.  And please provide as much information as possible to elicit helpful responses.  When you are inquiring about a computer problem, always specify your operating system and screen reader.  If inquiring about cable TV, specify your cable provider and so on.

Gerald

On 3/16/2021 3:38 PM, Monte Single wrote:
[...]

DAVID GLOBE

Hello Maddison
We have been looking in to the same thing and as far as I could learn, there
is nothing of the kind in Canada.
David