Microsoft Word and JAWS do not want to run at the same time

Steven Johnson <saxmonger@...>

Hello!  My Microsoft Word 2019 does not want to open while JAWS is running, but will open up just fine with narrator.  Anyone else ever have this problem?  If so, were you able to fix it?

Michael Hunt

Are you using a laptop, do you keep the screen shut wile using it?

If so try opening the lid, see if word will work.

I had the same similar problem.

Michael

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steven Johnson
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2021 5:01 PM
To: techtalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Microsoft Word and JAWS do not want to run at the same time

Hello!  My Microsoft Word 2019 does not want to open while JAWS is running, but will open up just fine with narrator.  Anyone else ever have this problem?  If so, were you able to fix it?

Steven Johnson <saxmonger@...>

Holy smokes, Michael!  Yes I do use an HP laptop, and yes, I do run it with the lid closed.  I will be dipped!  I opened Word with JAWS running with my laptop lid open, and my Word now loads properly.  You gave the solution that I desperately needed, and I thank you.  Do you know why Word will not load properly with the lid closed?  Believe me, I’m not looking a gift horse in the mouth, I’m just incredibly curious.  Thanks Michael!

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Michael Hunt via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2021 9:43 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Microsoft Word and JAWS do not want to run at the same time

Michael

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steven Johnson

Gene

Do you have the setting for what happens when the lid is closed set for do nothing? I have no idea what happens if you have the setting set to its default and have an external keyboard plugged in when the lid is closed. If you haven't changed this setting, setting it to do nothing may solve the problem.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2021 4:39 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Microsoft Word and JAWS do not want to run at the same time

Holy smokes, Michael! Yes I do use an HP laptop, and yes, I do run it with the lid closed. I will be dipped! I opened Word with JAWS running with my laptop lid open, and my Word now loads properly. You gave the solution that I desperately needed, and I thank you. Do you know why Word will not load properly with the lid closed? Believe me, I’m not looking a gift horse in the mouth, I’m just incredibly curious. Thanks Michael!

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Michael Hunt via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2021 9:43 PM

Michael

Hello! My Microsoft Word 2019 does not want to open while JAWS is running, but will open up just fine with narrator. Anyone else ever have this problem? If so, were you able to fix it?

Michael Hunt

I am glad I could help because when I had that issue I only found out the answer by mistake.

I don’t know why that happon, I haven’t really asked anyone.  But I could if you like.