I Need Your Explanation concerning Talking Bathroom Scales:

mubbangachipalo@...

Dear Brothers and sisters on this mailinglist, I really need your clarification on talking bathroom scales. Now my questions are as follows: What are talking bathroom scales used for? Do sighted people use them as well? Are these talking bathroom scales specifically for blind people? Lastly, What value can a talking bathroom scale add to my life if I personally buy it and place it at my home? However if the moderator disallow my topic then please send your answers to my personal e-mail address the goodness and purpose for a blind person to use talking bathroom scales.
This is from Mubanga chipalo.
Dear Brothers and sisters on this mailinglist, I really need your clarification on talking bathroom scales. Now my questions are as follows: What are talking bathroom scales used for? Do sighted people use them as well? Are these talking bathroom scales specifically for blind people? Lastly, What value can a talking bathroom scale add to my life if I personally buy it and place it at my home? However if the moderator disallow my topic then please send your answers to my personal e-mail address the goodness and purpose for a blind person to use talking bathroom scales.
This is from Mubanga chipalo.

Laz

Talking bathroom scales are used for people to find out how much they
weigh. both sighted and non-sighted use them for various reasons like
perhaps someone's body circumference interferes with their ability to
see the displayed weight, etc. If you can't see the display for
whatever reason or would just appreciate the convenience of hearing it
instead of seeing it and would like to keep track of your body weight
then perhaps you could use one.

If you're not interested in knowing your body weight or have other
ways to find out, then it wouldn't be necessary for you.

Laz

On 1/20/18, mubbangachipalo@zambia.co.zm <mubbangachipalo@zambia.co.zm> wrote:
[...]

Bluetooth devices, and accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@talkingmp3players.com
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa

Gary Ray

Gary Ray here.

Talking bathroom scales are not all created equal.

If one chooses to get a set of these scales, it is a good idea to compare the weight you get to a medical set of scales to determine if they read properly. If they are close, then that is good, if not it is a good idea to make note of how far off the talking scales are so one has a pretty good idea of what the actual weight is. This way, one would know how much to add or subtract to get a proper weight. I do not know if there are any talking scales that can be adjusted to fix this particular problem.

Cheers!

--
Affordably priced Accessible Talking MP3 Players, Accessible phones, Bluetooth devices, and accessories http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@talkingmp3players.com
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa

Pamela Dominguez

The problem is that even different doctor' scales don't always read the same as each other. Pam.

[...]

---
http://www.avg.com

Mike Thomas

Scales are calibrated at factory to a certain tollerance. This would explain why different scales weigh differently. When you step on a scale at a doctor's office for the first time, consider this a base reading, and then the following times can determine your gain or loss from previous times.
I've noticed this same difference is present in blood glucose readings between two different units even from the same blood sample. I called the manufacturer of one and asked why there was something like a 13 point reading difference, and they got peeved that I tried to compare two different units. I therefore just do exactly what I said, consider each day's readings as an increase or decrease from the previous day. I wonder though if the same thing happens when tested at a lab with more accurate chemical readings, and more precise equipment.
Mike

[...]

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

I am reminded of an old friend who used to say, "Why be helpful when you're not?"

It is amazing to me how people can talk just to hear themselves doing so. All this is not answering the gentleman's question. Moreover, he speaks English as a second language!

Talking scales can be used by both sighted people and blind. If you need to keep track of your weight for medical reasons, or if you need it for a clinic this might be a good thing to buy. Otherwise, no, you do not need such a thing.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Eleni Vamvakari

I see nothing wrong with the technical discussion. Laz answered all
of his questions. Gary Ray explained a few extra things that one
should consider when purchasing a scale. Whether most people would
need such a high degree of accuracy is beside the point. It's still
good to know about these differences.

On 20/01/2018, Ann Parsons <akp@sero.email> wrote:
[...]

Facebook: elvam2167@gmail.com

anyaudio.net: elvam2167

Skype: elvam2167

Carolyn Arnold

I weigh before going to the doctor, last thing before leaving, and my scales are with the doctor. I forget where they came from, since I've had them for about ten or eleven years. They cost $28.00. I found them on Amazon and got my girlfriend's husband to order them for me, because I was even way less savvy with the computer than I am now - thought it was a big deal that I could find them then.

Cordially,

Carolyn