From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joe Giovanelli
Sent: March 25, 2021 4:57 PM
To: techtalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] two questions

Good evening,

I have two questions.

1. How do I rename a file in Windows 10?

2. How do I download a file? When I highlight nit and open it, the files plays rather than downloading. I tried the applications key and didn't find an option to download it nrather than playing it?

I thank you.

Joe Giovanelli, W2PVY

David Moore <jesusloves1966@...>

To rename a file, just select the file, and press F2 and then you can edit the file! Make sure that you keep the file extinsion in tact. to download a file, go to more options and look for download in that more options menu!
I hope that works for you!

On Thu, Mar 25, 2021, 7:03 PM Joe Giovanelli <joegio100@...> wrote:
Good evening,

I have two questions.

1. How do I rename a file in Windows 10?

2. How do I download a file? When I highlight nit and open it, the files
plays rather than downloading. I tried the applications key and didn't
find an option to download it nrather than playing it?

I thank you.

Joe Giovanelli, W2PVY

Carolyn Arnold

To rename file, highlight it and press F2; type new name.

1. How do I rename a file in Windows 10?

2. How do I download a file? When I highlight nit and open it, the files plays rather than downloading. I tried the applications key and didn't find an option to download it nrather than playing it?

I thank you.

Joe Giovanelli, W2PVY

Joe Giovanelli

avid,

While on the file I want to download, I go to the Applications menu. There is nothing there called More Options.

Where will I find that?

If it matters, I'm running Windows 1o.

Joe G.

On 3/25/2021 8:08 PM, David Moore wrote:

To rename a file, just select the file, and press F2 and then you can edit the file! Make sure that you keep the file extinsion in tact. to download a file, go to more options and look for download in that more options menu!
I hope that works for you!

On Thu, Mar 25, 2021, 7:03 PM Joe Giovanelli <joegio100@...> wrote:
Good evening,

I have two questions.

1. How do I rename a file in Windows 10?

2. How do I download a file? When I highlight nit and open it, the files
plays rather than downloading. I tried the applications key and didn't
find an option to download it nrather than playing it?

I thank you.

Joe Giovanelli, W2PVY

Abbie Taylor

When you open a file in chrome, for example, and you want to download it, press control plus S to save it. Then, you can determine where you want to file to go in the normal way. After you do that, the file should be automatically downloaded. I hope that helps.

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...

gbmagoo@...

When your using the latest  version of edge you can do a shift + f 10 and when the menu pops up arrow down to save and the dialog box opens to name it and I think it is download by defalt.

When you open a file in chrome, for example, and you want to download it, press control plus S to save it. Then, you can determine where you want to file to go in the normal way. After you do that, the file should be automatically downloaded. I hope that helps.

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...

Joe Giovanelli

Thanks to all. Got the job done.