I am not sure what I am going to do.

Jim Rawls

Hi all, first of all thanks for all your ideas. I called Microsoft today, and told them what my problem was, , and they in their infinite wisdom tried to install windows, the latest version. Of course it would not  install.  If I  went to factory settings and did that, I’m not sure what I could do. so, I think I will just leave things as  they are. The new computer will get here when it does. meanwhile I can  do emails.

Jim

Nancy Shackelford

Hi there, Mr Rawls! I had a problem installing Windows 10, and I found
that I had requested a file to be put on my computer that would not
let a higher version than 7 be installed. Windows gave me instructions
as what to do, so I followed them and then got Windows 10 installed. I
can't remember what the instructions were now, but if you get the
Windows10UpgraderApp.exe, this might help.
Nance

John Holcomb II

Hmmm. Very strange.

Well at least you an do that for now.

Hi all, first of all thanks for all your ideas. I called Microsoft today, and told them what my problem was, , and they in their infinite wisdom tried to install windows, the latest version. Of course it would not  install.  If I  went to factory settings and did that, I’m not sure what I could do. so, I think I will just leave things as  they are. The new computer will get here when it does. meanwhile I can  do emails.

Jim

may be if you could give us the error, or what hapends we could
suggest something more.

--
to listen to the Blind Android Users Podcast visit.
www.blindandroidusers.com

Jim Rawls

Nancy, I did just what you did, and it wouldn't install. Jims

Hi there, Mr Rawls! I had a problem installing Windows 10, and I found
that I had requested a file to be put on my computer that would not
let a higher version than 7 be installed. Windows gave me instructions
as what to do, so I followed them and then got Windows 10 installed. I
can't remember what the instructions were now, but if you get the
Windows10UpgraderApp.exe, this might help.
Nance

Janet

Hi Jim,

Ok, if that is what you want to do, meaning wait for the new PC, that is fine.  I’m not going against what MS told you, but I would think if the problem is the hardware, it looks like MS would have told you that, especially after they tried a few times to help you.  If I was you, I would now take the time to prepare for the new PC, and what I mean by that is, ask the agency that is giving you the new PC if they are going to have Outlook set up on the new PC, and if so, I would ask them for the password they might use to set up your account, as the product or cerial key just in case you might need that, and what ever else you might need.

Lots of luck!

Janet

Hi all, first of all thanks for all your ideas. I called Microsoft today, and told them what my problem was, , and they in their infinite wisdom tried to install windows, the latest version. Of course it would not  install.  If I  went to factory settings and did that, I’m not sure what I could do. so, I think I will just leave things as  they are. The new computer will get here when it does. meanwhile I can  do emails.

Jim

Jim Rawls

Janet, I was on the phone with them yesterday, and did exactly what you said here. Great minds… Jim