Returning Stream second generation card to the unit

Steven Johnson <saxmonger@...>

Everyone knows the old adage, “When in doubt, don’t.”  Well, I removed the internal storage card from beneath the battery of my Second Generation stream with the hope of copying the operating system of the unit to a slightly higher capacity card.  Of course, my PC doesn’t recognize the card, so I chickened out and now I want to put the internal card back into the Stream and I can’t figure out how it goes in.  Could one of you provide me some tips on how to get the cursed card back into my Victor.  I have the card and a metal tray-like gizmo that was associated with the card.  I know, I know.  You would say that I took the thing out, I should be able to put it back in.  I actually got my wife with marque 1 eyeballs to do it, and she can’t remember how it came out.  Help!!

Laz

Having never taken one of these out I can't tell you how to put it
back in, but I've heard from others who have that it takes a Lunux
computer to do anything with the card. I'm sure someone on this list
has the directions for putting it back though.

Stay well,

Laz

On 3/30/21, Steven Johnson <saxmonger@comcast.net> wrote:
Everyone knows the old adage, "When in doubt, don't." Well, I removed the
internal storage card from beneath the battery of my Second Generation
stream with the hope of copying the operating system of the unit to a
slightly higher capacity card. Of course, my PC doesn't recognize the
card,
so I chickened out and now I want to put the internal card back into the
Stream and I can't figure out how it goes in. Could one of you provide me
some tips on how to get the cursed card back into my Victor. I have the
card and a metal tray-like gizmo that was associated with the card. I
know,
I know. You would say that I took the thing out, I should be able to put
it
back in. I actually got my wife with marque 1 eyeballs to do it, and she
can't remember how it came out. Help!!

accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@talkingmp3players.com
Phone: 727-498-0121

Steven Johnson <saxmonger@...>

I hope you're right Laz. I feel like a certified dummy for intentionally disabling my Victor in a fit of monkey curiosity. I receive tons of podcasts that I like, and I have a giant list of stuff that I get from NFB Newsline. I would unsubscribe from all of it to get my Stream working again. Lesson learned.

--
Affordably priced Accessible Talking MP3 Player/book Reader, Victor Reader Stream & Trek, blindshell Classic phone, Bluetooth devices, and accessories http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@talkingmp3players.com
Phone: 727-498-0121

Carolyn Arnold

Steve, if no one can help you, contact Dale Campbell,
866-922-8877 or 845-282-0643. He can put you in touch with
Conradt Kozorski. Conrad is the guy who sells bigger
internal memory cards for the streams and installs them for
a fee. Conrad can tell you what to do to get it back in
right.

If you bought it from a dealer, I don't know if a dealer
could help you, but, of course, I would not ask Humanware.