From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jim Rawls
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2021 7:23 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] the reason I decided to leave things alone instead of installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

                Hi all,

When Microsoft tried to install windows 2032 or whatever the latest version of windows ten is, the installation failed. So I think Bill white is right. I have a hardware issue on my computer. Jim

Loy

Hi Jim,
Have you ever been able to install a program on your computer? If not, it could be the organization you got the computer from did not set it up where you would have administrative rights. Just a thought.

When Microsoft tried to install windows 2032 or whatever the latest version of windows ten is, the installation failed. So I think Bill white is right. I have a hardware issue on my computer. Jim

John Holcomb II

Yeah but MS would have been able to tell him that while trying to do the installs.

John

Have you ever been able to install a program on your computer? If not, it could be the organization you got the computer from did not set it up where you would have administrative rights. Just a thought.

When Microsoft tried to install windows 2032 or whatever the latest version of windows ten is, the installation failed. So I think Bill white is right. I have a hardware issue on my computer. Jim

Jim Rawls

Absolutely, but lately, not.

Have you ever been able to install a program on your computer? If not, it could be the organization you got the computer from did not set it up where you would have administrative rights. Just a thought.

When Microsoft tried to install windows 2032 or whatever the latest version of windows ten is, the installation failed. So I think Bill white is right. I have a hardware issue on my computer. Jim

Steve Matzura

I still sayl, as I have from the outset, install Windows 10 from scratch. That means initializing the disk. Of course you'll want to back everything up frirst, which maybe by now is no longer possible, only you would know this.

Absolutely, but lately, not.

From: Jim Rawls

From: Jim Rawls

installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Hi all,

When Microsoft tried to install windows 2032 or whatever the latest version
of windows ten is, the installation failed. So I think Bill white is right.
I have a hardware issue on my computer. Jim

Janet

HI John,
So many questions, but so little answers.

Janet

installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Hi all,

When Microsoft tried to install windows 2032 or whatever the latest version
of windows ten is, the installation failed. So I think Bill white is right.
I have a hardware issue on my computer. Jim

Janet

Hi Gene,
I can't understand why MS Disability didn't perform a reset themselves, or did they. I haven't heard anything about what MS said as to why they can't do anything, or what did they check, what did they find. The only times I've had any problems downloading something, is because of my virus protection, or even just because of my firewall settings, in which I just turned them off, and tried the download again, and sure enough the download went through, and I quickly turned on my firewall as well as my virus protection. Although, I would think MS looked at all that.
Janet .

installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Hi all,

When Microsoft tried to install windows 2032 or whatever the latest version
of windows ten is, the installation failed. So I think Bill white is right.
I have a hardware issue on my computer. Jim

Janet

Hi Steve,

Or he could just perform a reset, and be done with it.  At least this might make the PC workable enough to download the Windows updates, in which just might rectify most of the problems.

Janet

I still sayl, as I have from the outset, install Windows 10 from scratch. That means initializing the disk. Of course you'll want to back everything up frirst, which maybe by now is no longer possible, only you would know this.

On 3/31/2021 3:31 PM, Jim Rawls wrote:

Absolutely, but lately, not.

Have you ever been able to install a program on your computer? If not, it could be the organization you got the computer from did not set it up where you would have administrative rights. Just a thought.

When Microsoft tried to install windows 2032 or whatever the latest version of windows ten is, the installation failed. So I think Bill white is right. I have a hardware issue on my computer. Jim

Gene

I don't know if they can start a reset but if they did, I think it would have been mentioned. The computer would not have been usable while the reset was in progress. I don't know how long that would have taken. And during the reset, they wouldn't have been connected to the computer.

[...]

They can do a reset, I had them do this on my old computer a few years ago.
As I remember They stayed on the phone with me until the computer came back
up running.

installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Hi all,

When Microsoft tried to install windows 2032 or whatever the latest version
of windows ten is, the installation failed. So I think Bill white is right.
I have a hardware issue on my computer. Jim

Janet

Gene,
We don't ever get any answers as to what MS tried, what they did, why do they say there isn't anything they can do. Doesn't Windows come from MS, but yet they say there isn't anything they can do. From my understanding, Jim has spent many hours on the phone with MS. I just can't help but wonder why did MS say there isn't anything they can do, but yet, they don't know what the problem is. Something just don't seem right here. I wish I could call MS myself, and ask them what the problem is, but I know I can't do that. Chances, Jim doesn't even have the answers as to what MS did, for the simple fact, when those Sighted people get ahold of that Mouse, they start clicking here and there, and it is very hard to follow JAWS, as he suddenly develops a serious speech impediment, so one might not be able to follow JAWS, and sometimes MS just figures if your blind, your not going to understand it anyway, but don't misunderstand me because there are some good MS reps over there, it's just I haven't come across many of them yet, but then again, I haven't called them in some years, as I try to do everything I can before I call them.

Janet ,

installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Hi all,

When Microsoft tried to install windows 2032 or whatever the latest version
of windows ten is, the installation failed. So I think Bill white is right.
I have a hardware issue on my computer. Jim

Gene

We don't know what has been discussed. They can't fix the problems with the system as it is. A reset may not have been discussed but I don't want to assume what has been discussed.

Its not just doing a reset. but does Jim want to reinstall whatever programs are currently on the machine?

[...]

Janet, Microsoft tried to put on the latest version of windows, which is
2032 I think. Anyway, the installation failed, so I still have windows 1909
on this computer. So I wonder if I tried to install a clean install of
windows, if the same thing would happen, and the installation would fail.
What do you think? How would you go about installing a clean version of
windows? The other day when I talked to the lady from Hellen Keller
foundation, she was reluctant to let me have a copy of my office program,
so I would have to find it somewhere, unless there is a way to back up the
one I have. Any comments here are appreciated. Jim

installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Hi all,

When Microsoft tried to install windows 2032 or whatever the latest version
of windows ten is, the installation failed. So I think Bill white is right.
I have a hardware issue on my computer. Jim

Janet

Jim,
Wow, did you say your version of Windows is 1909?
Janet

installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Hi all,

When Microsoft tried to install windows 2032 or whatever the latest version
of windows ten is, the installation failed. So I think Bill white is right.
I have a hardware issue on my computer. Jim

Janet

Jim,
Ok, this is good to know. Now, when did you get this PC?

Janet

installing a clean install of windows. on my computer.

Hi all,

When Microsoft tried to install windows 2032 or whatever the latest version
of windows ten is, the installation failed. So I think Bill white is right.
I have a hardware issue on my computer. Jim

Gene

You generally can't back up programs to avoid installation. Unless a program is a portable program, it will usually need to be reinstalled.

However you get a clean installation of Windows, whether by doing a reset or by reinstalling Windows, you will have to reinstall all programs.