As concerns Windows Update: I'm Confused!

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

With all this talk about Windows Update, I checked to see whether I needed to update.  People on this list have been talking about something called Windows Version 2009.  Windows Update indicated that that something called Windows Feature Update Version 20H2 was available. It said it fixes several bugs and security weaknesses.  I updated it and everything seems to be OK. So just what is this Windows 2009 that everyone is talking about?

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

enes sarıbaş

Yes it is, and you are up to date until 21h1 comes out.

On 4/3/2021 6:48 PM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Group,

With all this talk about Windows Update, I checked to see whether I needed to update.  People on this list have been talking about something called Windows Version 2009.  Windows Update indicated that that something called Windows Feature Update Version 20H2 was available. It said it fixes several bugs and security weaknesses. I updated it and everything seems to be OK. So just what is this Windows 2009 that everyone is talking about?

Janet

Hi Ron,
Windows 10 version 2009, is better known as Windows version 20h2.

Janet

With all this talk about Windows Update, I checked to see whether I
needed to update.  People on this list have been talking about something
called Windows Version 2009.  Windows Update indicated that that
something called Windows Feature Update Version 20H2 was available. It
said it fixes several bugs and security weaknesses.  I updated it and
everything seems to be OK. So just what is this Windows 2009 that
everyone is talking about?

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Loy

2009 is an older version. 20H2 is current version. Next version common out
soon will be 21H1

With all this talk about Windows Update, I checked to see whether I
needed to update. People on this list have been talking about something
called Windows Version 2009. Windows Update indicated that that
something called Windows Feature Update Version 20H2 was available. It
said it fixes several bugs and security weaknesses. I updated it and
everything seems to be OK. So just what is this Windows 2009 that
everyone is talking about?

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Janet

Loy,
Version 2009, is just basically better known as version 20h2.

Janet

2009 is an older version. 20H2 is current version. Next version common out
soon will be 21H1

With all this talk about Windows Update, I checked to see whether I
needed to update. People on this list have been talking about something
called Windows Version 2009. Windows Update indicated that that
something called Windows Feature Update Version 20H2 was available. It
said it fixes several bugs and security weaknesses. I updated it and
everything seems to be OK. So just what is this Windows 2009 that
everyone is talking about?

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Loy

Not true,, 2009 was the version that came out in 2019, Then in 2020
Microsoft started numbering their versions for the year with an H1 htfor
the first major update in the year and H2 for the second update for the
year, The next version coming out soon will have the version 21H1.

Windows 10 version 2009, is better known as Windows version 20h2.

Janet

With all this talk about Windows Update, I checked to see whether I
needed to update. People on this list have been talking about something
called Windows Version 2009. Windows Update indicated that that
something called Windows Feature Update Version 20H2 was available. It
said it fixes several bugs and security weaknesses. I updated it and
everything seems to be OK. So just what is this Windows 2009 that
everyone is talking about?

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Janet

Loy,
Yes, this is true, but that is all I will say about this. Except to say Windows 10 version 2009 is better known as 20h2.

Janet

Janet