office 365

Kelsey Nicolay

Hello,
I am using Office home and student 2010, but I am considering switching to Office 365. I have heard conflicting things about whether Office 365 works with JAWS. Therefore, if anyone uses JAWS, how well does Office 365 work with it? I am using JAWS 17. I don't want to subscribe and then realize that the software does not work well with JAWS. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Kelsey Nicolay

Nimer Jaber

In short, anybody that says it doesn't work doesn't know how to use their screen reader. It works quite well... in fact an Office 365 subscription will let you download the same office to your comp.

On 03-Apr-16 19:57, Kelsey Nicolay wrote:
Hello,
I am using Office home and student 2010, but I am considering switching to Office 365. I have heard conflicting things about whether Office 365 works with JAWS. Therefore, if anyone uses JAWS, how well does Office 365 work with it? I am using JAWS 17. I don't want to subscribe and then realize that the software does not work well with JAWS. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Kelsey Nicolay

Carolyn Arnold

I would think it would work. When I bought Office 2013 (2016 wasn't out
yet), I could have gotten 365. My impression was that they, at that time,
were essentially the same, but that 365 would continue to stay current,
while 2013 was what it was and that was that.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

In short, anybody that says it doesn't work doesn't know how to use their
screen reader. It works quite well... in fact an Office 365 subscription
will let you download the same office to your comp.

On 03-Apr-16 19:57, Kelsey Nicolay wrote:
Hello,
I am using Office home and student 2010, but I am considering
switching to Office 365. I have heard conflicting things about
whether Office 365 works with JAWS. Therefore, if anyone uses JAWS,
how well does Office 365 work with it? I am using JAWS 17. I don't
want to subscribe and then realize that the software does not work
well with JAWS. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Kelsey Nicolay

George B <gbmagoo@...>

it works just fine. the main thing people have issues with is you need to besure and install all the apps. word, excel, power point, and outlook, to your device and not run them from the cloud. running from the cloud is wherre the issue is with screen readers.