How to delete an empty line in Excel

chris judge

You are quite welcome. Glad it worked.

Chris Judge

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marilyn and Don Bilderback
Sent: May 2, 2021 11:33 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] How to delete an empty line in Excel

Hi Chris,

What do you know?  I tried this again and it worked.  I didn’t even have to type anything in as delete row and add row came up as I arrowed down. Every once in a while I have this problem.  I should learn but I guess I forget.  It is indeed a simple way to do what I need.

I am so happy I saved this Email and thank you again.  Marilyn

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of chris judge
Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2021 1:28 AM

Hi. Are you using excel 2016? If so there is a nifty little feature that can help you get most thinks done even if you don’t know the keystroke. I use it all the time and it works in all office 2016 applications. To delete a row in excel, focus on the row. Next, press altQ. This will bring up a search field. Type delete row, then arrow down. You should hear, delete sheet rows. Press enter and the row should go away.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Chris Judge

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marilyn and Don Bilderback
Sent: April 28, 2021 4:40 AM
To: TECHTALK <techtalk@groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] How to delete an empty line in Excel

Can someone give me the key strokes to delete an empty line in my Excel sheet?  Recently I saw that to add a line was ALT I R.  Then I got thinking, I don’t know how to do the opposite.  Thanks.

Marilyn and Don Bilderback

Hi Chris,

What do you know?  I tried this again and it worked.  I didn’t even have to type anything in as delete row and add row came up as I arrowed down. Every once in a while I have this problem.  I should learn but I guess I forget.  It is indeed a simple way to do what I need.

I am so happy I saved this Email and thank you again.  Marilyn

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of chris judge
Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2021 1:28 AM

Hi. Are you using excel 2016? If so there is a nifty little feature that can help you get most thinks done even if you don’t know the keystroke. I use it all the time and it works in all office 2016 applications. To delete a row in excel, focus on the row. Next, press altQ. This will bring up a search field. Type delete row, then arrow down. You should hear, delete sheet rows. Press enter and the row should go away.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Chris Judge

Can someone give me the key strokes to delete an empty line in my Excel sheet?  Recently I saw that to add a line was ALT I R.  Then I got thinking, I don’t know how to do the opposite.  Thanks.

chris judge

Smile.

I wanted to introduce the alt Q option because it allows people to find out how to do things on their own. It helps to be self sufficient.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Howard Traxler
Sent: April 28, 2021 9:52 AM

Well, to get it correct, it is "delete", not "deleate".

On 4/28/2021 6:31 AM, gbmagoo@... wrote:

Well lets get the terms correct.  It is deleate a row, not a line, and it is deleate a collum

Great tip  to find help.

Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2021 01:28

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Chris Judge

Howard Traxler

Well, to get it correct, it is "delete", not "deleate".

On 4/28/2021 6:31 AM, gbmagoo@... wrote:

Well lets get the terms correct.  It is deleate a row, not a line, and it is deleate a collum

Great tip  to find help.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Chris Judge

Dane

Marilyn, select the entire row with the keystroke SHIFT+SPACEBAR, then right click and choose delete to remove the row and squeeze the sheet together, or instead of completely removing the row and just the data, select the entire row with the same keystroke SHIFT+SPACEBAR and press the delete key on your keyboard to just delete the data and keep the row.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2021 2:40 AM

gbmagoo@...

Great tip  to find help.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Chris Judge

chris judge

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Chris Judge

Marilyn and Don Bilderback