Firefox question

Madison Martin

Hi all,
When using Firefox and you have multiple tabs open is it possible to only close
one tab and if so how do you do this? Anytime I try and do this I get a message
asking me if I want to close all tabs and I can't find any option to only close
the current tab. Using latest versions of Jaws and Windows 10. Thanks Madison

Teri McElroy

Hi Madison

To close one tab in Firefox, just press control w or control F4. Both these methods work for me, but I use control W because it's more convenient. I don't have to reach up to the function keys.

Teri

On 11/05/2021 2:56 pm, Madison Martin wrote:
Hi all,
When using Firefox and you have multiple tabs open is it possible to only close
one tab and if so how do you do this? Anytime I try and do this I get a message
asking me if I want to close all tabs and I can't find any option to only close
the current tab. Using latest versions of Jaws and Windows 10. Thanks Madison

Madison Martin

Thanks Terry!!!

To close one tab in Firefox, just press control w or control F4. Both these methods work for me, but I use control W because it's more convenient. I don't have to reach up to the function keys.

Teri

On 11/05/2021 2:56 pm, Madison Martin wrote:
Hi all,
When using Firefox and you have multiple tabs open is it possible to
only close one tab and if so how do you do this? Anytime I try and do
this I get a message asking me if I want to close all tabs and I can't
find any option to only close the current tab. Using latest versions
of Jaws and Windows 10. Thanks Madison

Adrien

Hi

That is in settings.

Regards

Adrien

When using Firefox and you have multiple tabs open is it possible to only
close one tab and if so how do you do this? Anytime I try and do this I get
a message asking me if I want to close all tabs and I can't find any option
to only close the current tab. Using latest versions of Jaws and Windows 10.
Thanks Madison

Jacob

CTRL+W

OZ0TE Jacob

When using Firefox and you have multiple tabs open is it possible to only
close one tab and if so how do you do this? Anytime I try and do this I get
a message asking me if I want to close all tabs and I can't find any option
to only close the current tab. Using latest versions of Jaws and Windows 10.
Thanks Madison

Gene

Also, you can use control f4, which I prefer because it is the same as alt f4 but you use control instead.  I already have the muscle memory for alt f4 so I much prefer using control f4.