Trying to record directly from a sound source

Sharon Hooley

Hi,

In the latest update of Windows and version of audacity on my laptop, , how do you access the line-in setting so I can record directly from a sound source? The same is true for my iPhone XR with latest update, does anyone know how to fix that?

Thanks,

www.CochlearAmericas.com

John Holcomb II

You'd need to get a audio interface for your iPhone if you want to be able
to do that.
On your laptop, does it have a Line IN jack already ?
John

In the latest update of Windows and version of audacity on my laptop, , how
do you access the line-in setting so I can record directly from a sound
source? The same is true for my iPhone XR with latest update, does anyone
know how to fix that?

Thanks,

www.CochlearAmericas.com

Sharon Hooley

My laptop only has one jack, but I'm using a small USB sound card that has a jack for headphones and another for recording.

Thanks again,

www.CochlearAmericas.com

On May 19, 2021, at 8:06 PM, John Holcomb II <jhii926@gmail.com> wrote:

You'd need to get a audio interface for your iPhone if you want to be able
to do that.
On your laptop, does it have a Line IN jack already ?
John

In the latest update of Windows and version of audacity on my laptop, , how
do you access the line-in setting so I can record directly from a sound
source? The same is true for my iPhone XR with latest update, does anyone
know how to fix that?

Thanks,

www.CochlearAmericas.com

Alex Stone

Sharon, some laptops have a single socket which can be configured to do both.

My laptop only has one jack, but I'm using a small USB sound card that has a jack for headphones and another for recording.

Thanks again,

Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids?  Visit
www.CochlearAmericas.com

> On May 19, 2021, at 8:06 PM, John Holcomb II <jhii926@...> wrote:
>
> You'd need to get a audio interface for your iPhone if you want to be able
> to do that.
> On your laptop, does it have a Line IN jack already ?
> John

Sharon Hooley

Yes, so do you know how to switch to line in with a single jack?

On May 20, 2021, at 9:29 AM, Alex Stone <alexstone87@...> wrote:

Sharon, some laptops have a single socket which can be configured to do both.

My laptop only has one jack, but I'm using a small USB sound card that has a jack for headphones and another for recording.

Thanks again,

Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids?  Visit
www.CochlearAmericas.com

> On May 19, 2021, at 8:06 PM, John Holcomb II <jhii926@...> wrote:
>
> You'd need to get a audio interface for your iPhone if you want to be able
> to do that.
> On your laptop, does it have a Line IN jack already ?
> John

Pamela Dominguez

My tower computers had one input jack, but you had to change it from being a microphone jack to being a line-in jack on the menus. This computer has no input jacks at all, just an earphone jack. This is my Lenovo laptop. Pam.

In the latest update of Windows and version of audacity on my laptop, , how
do you access the line-in setting so I can record directly from a sound
source? The same is true for my iPhone XR with latest update, does anyone
know how to fix that?

Thanks,

www.CochlearAmericas.com

https://www.avg.com

John Holcomb II

Then you'd need to select that sound cards Line IN jack once its hooked up in recording properties to record from it.
John

In the latest update of Windows and version of audacity on my laptop,
, how do you access the line-in setting so I can record directly from
a sound source? The same is true for my iPhone XR with latest update,
does anyone know how to fix that?

Thanks,

www.CochlearAmericas.com

John Holcomb II