looking for ms Office that I only have to pay once for

Troy Burnham

Hi all,

A while back I started looking for ms Office but all I found online was versions that it looked like I'd have to pay a yearly subscription for. Are there versions of ms Office that I can get online and only have to pay once for, and if so what's the best place to look?

Thanks.

Troy

Monte Single

I purchased my copy of m s office pro 2016 from Amazon. Today I would get the 2019 version, maybe there will be a 2022 soon.
It is a 1 time purchase.
If you check out the results from a search on amazon, you can find something cheap like 30 bucks. It's legal. I even got m s to help me install it.
With these low priced editions, you do not get a dvd,, you get a product key. Then you must go to the m s store and download the version you purchased.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Troy Burnham
Sent: May 21, 2021 11:44 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] looking for ms Office that I only have to pay once for

Hi all,

A while back I started looking for ms Office but all I found online was versions that it looked like I'd have to pay a yearly subscription for.
Are there versions of ms Office that I can get online and only have to pay once for, and if so what's the best place to look?

Thanks.

Troy

Troy Burnham

Hi Monty,

I searched on amazon for Microsoft Office 2019 pro one time purchase and similar searches and the cheapest thing I found was over $100, a couple of things I saw were even almost #$400. Can you tell me what to put in the search to find anything a bit cheaper? I'll pay the higher price if I have to but I'd rather not pay that much if I don't have to.

Thanks.

Troy

On 5/21/2021 1:28 PM, Monte Single wrote:
I purchased my copy of m s office pro 2016 from Amazon. Today I would get the 2019 version, maybe there will be a 2022 soon.
It is a 1 time purchase.
If you check out the results from a search on amazon, you can find something cheap like 30 bucks. It's legal. I even got m s to help me install it.
With these low priced editions, you do not get a dvd,, you get a product key. Then you must go to the m s store and download the version you purchased.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Troy Burnham

Hi all,

A while back I started looking for ms Office but all I found online was versions that it looked like I'd have to pay a yearly subscription for.
Are there versions of ms Office that I can get online and only have to pay once for, and if so what's the best place to look?

Thanks.

Troy

Monte Single

Hi Troy,

I just looked on amazon, and I did not see what used to be there. I just used the search term;

M s office 2019

Keep looking and you may find something, I looked only at part of the first page of results.

If you want m s outlook you willhave to buy the full version and not the home-student version. It does not have outlook.

Sent: May 21, 2021 3:01 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] looking for ms Office that I only have to pay once for

Hi Monty,

I searched on amazon for Microsoft Office 2019 pro one time purchase and similar searches and the cheapest thing I found was over $100, a couple of things I saw were even almost #$400. Can you tell me what to put in the search to find anything a bit cheaper? I'll pay the higher price if I have to but I'd rather not pay that much if I don't have to.

Thanks.

Troy

It is a 1 time purchase.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of
Troy Burnham
Subject: [TechTalk] looking for ms Office that I only have to pay once
for

Hi all,

Thanks.

Troy

chris judge

Monte, does the 30 dollar version include outlook? If so I might dump the office 365 subscription and go that route.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Monte Single
Sent: May 21, 2021 3:28 PM

It is a 1 time purchase.

Hi all,

Thanks.

Troy

Monte Single

Hi Chris,

Yes, the versionof m s office 2016 I purchased a couple years ago includes outlook.
Today when I looked on Amazon.ca I did not see any versions of m s office for that or a similar price.
As I wrote in my earlier message, I looked only at the first 10 to 20 results using the search term;

M s office 2019

At that kind of saving, it is worth a much more thorough search.

Also, the home/student version of office usually does not include outlook andprobably some other office components.

Now, what you find on e bay can be quite different.

I would expect that office 2022 should be out soon.

Also, micro soft is definitely nudging people toward the 360 annual subscription.

This annual subscription looks like agood deal for a family type situation, but for a single user, a one-time purchase is better.
Of course, this only applies if you care about a hundred bucks here or ther.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of chris judge
Sent: May 21, 2021 4:40 PM

Monte, does the 30 dollar version include outlook? If so I might dump the office 365 subscription and go that route.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Monte Single

It is a 1 time purchase.

Hi all,

Thanks.

Troy

Cristóbal

Sites like Ben Bargains or SlickDeals post sales on Windows 10 and office licenses from time to time. I currently don't have any need for MS Office so haven't really paid attention to them, but they do pop up in the RSS feeds I subscribe to.

Sent: Friday, May 21, 2021 5:11 PM

Hi Chris,

Yes, the versionof m s office 2016 I purchased a couple years ago includes outlook.
Today when I looked on Amazon.ca I did not see any versions of m s office for that or a similar price.
As I wrote in my earlier message, I looked only at the first 10 to 20 results using the search term;

M s office 2019

Also, the home/student version of office usually does not include outlook andprobably some other office components.

Also, micro soft is definitely nudging people toward the 360 annual subscription.

This annual subscription looks like agood deal for a family type situation, but for a single user, a one-time purchase is better.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of chris judge

It is a 1 time purchase.

Hi all,

Thanks.

Troy

Troy Burnham

Thanks for verifying what I found Monty. I went a bit deeper than you did thinking that the cheaper options may be at the bottom of the list of results, and maybe they are but I didn't find them.

I'll look on other sites and see what I can find, at least I know what to look for now. I'm actually only looking for ms word.

Troy

On 5/21/2021 5:05 PM, Monte Single wrote:
Hi Troy,

I just looked on amazon, and I did not see what used to be there. I just used the search term;

M s office 2019

Keep looking and you may find something, I looked only at part of the first page of results.

If you want m s outlook you willhave to buy the full version and not the home-student version. It does not have outlook.

Sent: May 21, 2021 3:01 PM

Hi Monty,

Thanks.

Troy

It is a 1 time purchase.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of
Troy Burnham
Subject: [TechTalk] looking for ms Office that I only have to pay once
for

Hi all,

Thanks.

Troy

chris judge

I know. I looked a week ago and found nothing either.

Chris Judge

Sent: May 21, 2021 9:11 PM

Hi Chris,

M s office 2019

It is a 1 time purchase.

Hi all,

Thanks.

Troy

Monte Single

It would appear all them good deals got gobbled up.

Sent: May 22, 2021 5:52 AM

I know. I looked a week ago and found nothing either.

Chris Judge

Sent: May 21, 2021 9:11 PM

Hi Chris,

M s office 2019

It is a 1 time purchase.

Hi all,

Thanks.

Troy