Jaws and conversation view in outlook

John Holcomb II

So in the newest JAWS release… using Outlook it says I should be able to open a thread and press N or Shift+N to be able to hear the next message in a conversation. I should be able to hear who its from the date and the first line of the messages. But this isn’t working.

If I expand the conversation with the right arrow and hit N nothing happens. If I turn on Keyboard Help with JawsKey+F1, and I hit N, it doesn’t even say that N or Shift+N is suppose to do anything.

I’m using Outlook 2016 via Office365 on Windows 7.

Does this not work in Outlook 2016?

Thanks,

John

gbmagoo@...

Well with your email I just red, it is the only email no thread.  So, I did a n and it said no more emails on this page, and when I did shift n it sade no more emails.

So I have to think it is working for me.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of John Holcomb II
Sent: Saturday, May 22, 2021 09:23
To: jawslite@groups.io
Cc: main@TechTalk.groups.io; Tech4theblind@groups.io; blind-techies@groups.io; blind-philly-comp@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Jaws and conversation view in outlook

So in the newest JAWS release… using Outlook it says I should be able to open a thread and press N or Shift+N to be able to hear the next message in a conversation. I should be able to hear who its from the date and the first line of the messages. But this isn’t working.

If I expand the conversation with the right arrow and hit N nothing happens. If I turn on Keyboard Help with JawsKey+F1, and I hit N, it doesn’t even say that N or Shift+N is suppose to do anything.

Thanks,

John

John Holcomb II

Ok,  so what version of outlook are you using?

John

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of gbmagoo@...
Sent: Saturday, May 22, 2021 12:26 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Jaws and conversation view in outlook

Well with your email I just red, it is the only email no thread.  So, I did a n and it said no more emails on this page, and when I did shift n it sade no more emails.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of John Holcomb II
Cc: main@TechTalk.groups.io; Tech4theblind@groups.io; blind-techies@groups.io; blind-philly-comp@groups.io

Thanks,

John

gbmagoo@...

Using the latest version, and when I just did the keyboard help and did the n and shift n it told what it was to do.

Sent: Saturday, May 22, 2021 09:27

John

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of gbmagoo@...

Thanks,

John

Marie Nelson

I just attended a Webinar by Vispero on Outlook on Thursday and I believe they said the command works only with the newest release of Jaws which came out this week and that it might not work with Windows 7. Please check out if this is correct.
Marie

Sent: Saturday, May 22, 2021 9:22 AM
Cc: main@TechTalk.groups.io ; Tech4theblind@groups.io ; blind-techies@groups.io ; blind-philly-comp@groups.io

Thanks,

John

John Holcomb II

So that’s version 2019 then?

John

Sent: Saturday, May 22, 2021 12:35 PM

Using the latest version, and when I just did the keyboard help and did the n and shift n it told what it was to do.

Sent: Saturday, May 22, 2021 09:27

John

Thanks,

John

John Holcomb II

Well I do havce the newest release of Jaws .

Hmmm.

Ok I’ll call FS and ask

John

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marie Nelson
Sent: Saturday, May 22, 2021 1:40 PM

I just attended a Webinar by Vispero on Outlook on Thursday and I believe they said the command works only with the newest release of Jaws which came out this week and that it might not work with Windows 7. Please check out if this is correct.

Marie

Sent: Saturday, May 22, 2021 9:22 AM

Thanks,

John

John Holcomb II

Hey Ed,

SO if I hit N when a message  is open it brings t me to the next block of text that isn’t a link.

If I hit JawsKey+1, and hit N, that is what it says it will do.

John