Gmail Question

Shelly Kane

Hi Group:

I haven't had this happen before so wanted to get your take on it.  I'm not even sure if there is a problem.  Someone was sending me a volunteer application last Friday and I never got it so I called them on Wednesday to let them know that I never got it and they were going to send it again.  Needless to say, I never got it when they sent it the second time.  I have never had a problem with my email where I never got what someone was sending.  I had someone who was sighted check my account and she said everything looks in order.  I even went to the spam folder and it's not in there.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  The other thing is I thought that maybe she never sent it at all.  I am stumped. Thanks in advance.

Shelly

It could be possible that the center is on your block to sender list. Tried checking their contact to see if they are blocked.
Hope this helps,

Ashley

On May 23, 2021, at 1:55 PM, Shelly Kane <shellykane323@gmail.com> wrote:

 Hi Group:

I haven't had this happen before so wanted to get your take on it. I'm not even sure if there is a problem. Someone was sending me a volunteer application last Friday and I never got it so I called them on Wednesday to let them know that I never got it and they were going to send it again. Needless to say, I never got it when they sent it the second time. I have never had a problem with my email where I never got what someone was sending. I had someone who was sighted check my account and she said everything looks in order. I even went to the spam folder and it's not in there. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The other thing is I thought that maybe she never sent it at all. I am stumped. Thanks in advance.

Shelly

chris judge

Hi. I'm using Gmail with outlook 2016. I've had a similar issue lately where some messages are not appearing in my inbox, but they are showing up in my important messages folder. Not sure why this is as I haven't changed anything in gmail settings, so check your important messages folder and see if it's there.

I haven't had this happen before so wanted to get your take on it. I'm not even sure if there is a problem. Someone was sending me a volunteer application last Friday and I never got it so I called them on Wednesday to let them know that I never got it and they were going to send it again. Needless to say, I never got it when they sent it the second time. I have never had a problem with my email where I never got what someone was sending. I had someone who was sighted check my account and she said everything looks in order. I even went to the spam folder and it's not in there. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The other thing is I thought that maybe she never sent it at all. I am stumped.
Thanks in advance.

Shelly

Gene

Are you using a pop3 or IMAP account?  If POP3, did you check the spam filter on the web site for your account?

Sent: Sunday, May 23, 2021 3:58 PM

            Hi Group:

I haven't had this happen before so wanted to get your take on it.  I'm
not even sure if there is a problem.  Someone was sending me a volunteer
application last Friday and I never got it so I called them on Wednesday
to let them know that I never got it and they were going to send it
again.  Needless to say, I never got it when they sent it the second
time.  I have never had a problem with my email where I never got what
someone was sending.  I had someone who was sighted check my account and
she said everything looks in order.  I even went to the spam folder and
it's not in there.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  The other
thing is I thought that maybe she never sent it at all.  I am stumped.
Thanks in advance.

Shelly

Shelly Kane

Ashley:

Thanks for the suggestion but there is no way they can be blocked because I have never received an email from them in the past.

On 5/23/2021 1:10 PM, Ashley Breger via groups.io wrote:
[...]

.

Tried checking your junk folder. It’s possible it could’ve gone into there.

Ashley

On May 24, 2021, at 9:55 PM, Shelly Kane <shellykane323@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Chris:

Thank you for letting me know about the important folder.  I saw that the other day and wasn't sure what it was.  I will do that.

Shelly

On 5/23/2021 2:21 PM, chris judge wrote:
[...]

Gene:

I have a pop3 account and yes, I have checked my spam folder multiple times.  I don't see any message from this person so I'm not sure if she is even sending it.  She supposedly sent it twice.

Shelly

Sent: Sunday, May 23, 2021 3:58 PM

            Hi Group:

I haven't had this happen before so wanted to get your take on it.  I'm
not even sure if there is a problem.  Someone was sending me a volunteer
application last Friday and I never got it so I called them on Wednesday
to let them know that I never got it and they were going to send it
again.  Needless to say, I never got it when they sent it the second
time.  I have never had a problem with my email where I never got what
someone was sending.  I had someone who was sighted check my account and
she said everything looks in order.  I even went to the spam folder and
it's not in there.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  The other
thing is I thought that maybe she never sent it at all.  I am stumped.
Thanks in advance.

Shelly

Gene

The original message said she had checked her spam filter.  My question is are you using a POPP3 or anIMAP account?  Did you check the spam filter online and did you check in your e-mail program,  if you are using a POP3 account?  They aren’t the same folder in that case and you have to check both.

I suppose with an IMAP account, you could have an additional spam folder in your e-mail program and you would have to check both.

Also, some providers black list certain addresses and domains that are rightly or wrongly believed to send a lot of spam. If so, the only way to correct the problem is to have your provider remove the block.  I don’t know enough about that to discuss it further.  Others should.

What is the domain of the e-mail address, the part of the address such as GMail.com, AT&T.com, the part immediately after the at sign that indicates the provider?

Sent: Monday, May 24, 2021 10:16 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Gmail Question

Tried checking your junk folder. It’s possible it could’ve gone into there.

Ashley

> On May 24, 2021, at 9:55 PM, Shelly Kane <shellykane323@...> wrote:
>
> Ashley:
>

> Thanks for the suggestion but there is no way they can be blocked because I have never received an email from them in the past.
>
>> On 5/23/2021 1:10 PM, Ashley Breger via groups.io wrote:
>> It could be possible that the center is on your block to sender list. Tried checking their  contact to see if they are blocked.
>> Hope this helps,
>>
>> Ashley

>>>             Hi Group:
>>>

>>> I haven't had this happen before so wanted to get your take on it.  I'm not even sure if there is a problem.  Someone was sending me a volunteer application last Friday and I never got it so I called them on Wednesday to let them know that I never got it and they were going to send it again.  Needless to say, I never got it when they sent it the second time.  I have never had a problem with my email where I never got what someone was sending.  I had someone who was sighted check my account and she said everything looks in order.  I even went to the spam folder and it's not in there.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  The other thing is I thought that maybe she never sent it at all.  I am stumped. Thanks in advance.
>>>
>>> Shelly
>>>

>> .

Gene

I sent another message about this in response to another message in the thread.  Evidently, you mean you checked the spam folder in the online interface.  I don’t want to assume that because you speak of the spam folder and spam filter but don’t, as I recall, specify online.

Also, I have no idea how likely it may be that GMail has blocked an address or domain.  If it has, I also have no idea how likely it is that you can have it unblocked.

Whatever the case, do you have another e-mail address with a different provider?

also, if this can be worked out, the person may be able to send the message to someone you know and that person can forward it to you.

Sent: Sunday, May 23, 2021 3:58 PM

[...]

I'm using the newest version of Thunderbird.  As I have said before, I have never had this problem in all of the years I have had this account.  I don't see the spam folder on Thunderbird.  Yes, I have a pop3 as I said in another email and I have checked on the google site.  There is no messages in there.  I called them today and told them I didn't get their emails so I am having them sending it to another address.  My service provider is through Spectrum and I have had it for 10 months and haven't had a problem until now.   My niece looked at my account and said there is no reason why I shouldn't have gotten these emails.  Thanks for all of your suggestions.

Shelly

Sent: Monday, May 24, 2021 10:16 PM