my thunder bird issues continuing

heather albright

Hello to everyone on the list who are trying  to help me with this issue with Thunderbird I truly appreciate all the help. I just wanted to let everyone know what was happening and we fixed some of the issues.  I had a friend remote in to my system and we had 2 things that were going on at the same time.  First, my NVDA screen reader would not activate insert space for the browse mode to work. It did not work in the Thunderbird app or online. Second, my executable file for Thunderbird had issues. So I had to install a brand knew NVDA program  and a brand new Thunderbird exe file that my friend had. This is a new one, I will try to explain. I have been trying to send a message to this group from the e-mail address I subscribed to this group with and I always check before send. But thunder bird send me message failures from my other account that it cant send the message because that address is not subscribed to the list. I was like yes, that is why I wrote the message in the e-mail account that was subscribe to the list with. So why is thunder bird trying to send messages written in one account making it like I sent it from another account? Is there a setting I missed? Thank you, Heather  

Gene

There is always a default account in any e-mail program.  Messages will be sent by that account unless you either tell the program to use another account you have set up every time you want to send a message using that account, or unless you make that other account the default account.

I only use one account in Thunderbird and I’m not sure how to make another account the default.  Until you learn how, do the following:
When you start a new message or reply, shift tab until you get to the from line.  It is a combo box.  Use alt down arrow to open the combo box.  Then down or up arrow, whichever works, to move to the other account you have set up. 
Tab to wherever you want to work and continue as usual.

There is one thing I’m not sure of in this description and you can experiment.  Just tabbing should be enough.  If it doesn’t change the account you are sending the message from, follow the procedure I gave but press enter after moving to the account you want in the combo box.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, May 24, 2021 10:48 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] my thunder bird issues continuing

Hello to everyone on the list who are trying  to help me with this issue with Thunderbird I truly appreciate all the help. I just wanted to let everyone know what was happening and we fixed some of the issues.  I had a friend remote in to my system and we had 2 things that were going on at the same time.  First, my NVDA screen reader would not activate insert space for the browse mode to work. It did not work in the Thunderbird app or online. Second, my executable file for Thunderbird had issues. So I had to install a brand knew NVDA program  and a brand new Thunderbird exe file that my friend had. This is a new one, I will try to explain. I have been trying to send a message to this group from the e-mail address I subscribed to this group with and I always check before send. But thunder bird send me message failures from my other account that it cant send the message because that address is not subscribed to the list. I was like yes, that is why I wrote the message in the e-mail account that was subscribe to the list with. So why is thunder bird trying to send messages written in one account making it like I sent it from another account? Is there a setting I missed? Thank you, Heather 

heather albright

I see it will not make my first account as a default account it said it was unable and it keeps using my other account instead. I am looking at account  settings for this account  and it says people will respond to this address. So thunder bird users, do I have to say the same e-mail address? I thought it was given that if you are sending from your e-mail address, the person would surely respond back to you using the same address; right?  I wish there was a free tutorial because NVDA wants you to pay for one when I tried to google it. I think that is why I used the mail app so much because someone wrote a written tutorial. I just want to be sure, if I put the same address on the account, that will fix my issue when I try to send messages to my groups. The funny thing is the other account is not set as a default account either. I am still trying to find out why it wants to send all mail out using that account as a response. I did notice my outlook account kept having conflict   issues with the server, so I have deleted it for now till I can figure out what the conflict issues are, it never did say and gave no code I could google for answers. Thank you, Heather  

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2021 4:28 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] my thunder bird issues continuing

There is always a default account in any e-mail program.  Messages will be sent by that account unless you either tell the program to use another account you have set up every time you want to send a message using that account, or unless you make that other account the default account.

I only use one account in Thunderbird and I’m not sure how to make another account the default.  Until you learn how, do the following:

When you start a new message or reply, shift tab until you get to the from line.  It is a combo box.  Use alt down arrow to open the combo box.  Then down or up arrow, whichever works, to move to the other account you have set up. 

There is one thing I’m not sure of in this description and you can experiment.  Just tabbing should be enough.  If it doesn’t change the account you are sending the message from, follow the procedure I gave but press enter after moving to the account you want in the combo box.

Gene

Hello to everyone on the list who are trying  to help me with this issue with Thunderbird I truly appreciate all the help. I just wanted to let everyone know what was happening and we fixed some of the issues.  I had a friend remote in to my system and we had 2 things that were going on at the same time.  First, my NVDA screen reader would not activate insert space for the browse mode to work. It did not work in the Thunderbird app or online. Second, my executable file for Thunderbird had issues. So I had to install a brand knew NVDA program  and a brand new Thunderbird exe file that my friend had. This is a new one, I will try to explain. I have been trying to send a message to this group from the e-mail address I subscribed to this group with and I always check before send. But thunder bird send me message failures from my other account that it cant send the message because that address is not subscribed to the list. I was like yes, that is why I wrote the message in the e-mail account that was subscribe to the list with. So why is thunder bird trying to send messages written in one account making it like I sent it from another account? Is there a setting I missed? Thank you, Heather 

Gene

I don’t know technically how it is done, but I believe the setting you are discussing causes replies to use another address but that has nothing to do with your problem, as far as I know.  Others can discuss that and tell you if I am wrong.  You can check yourself.  You can try that setting, start a message, shift tab to the from line, and see if the address shown is the same address you specify when working with that command.  If it is, that will solvew your problem but I’m not sure what will happen when you specifically want people to reply to mail coming from your other account. 

I wouldn’t fool around with that option.
The way all e-mail programs I’ve used work, the problem you are having should not be a problem if you do the following:
If you have two different accounts, each account should have separate folders, an inbox, a sent mail folder, etc. all separate for that specific account.  If you are in one of the folders for that account, all outgoing mail you begin or reply to should automatically use the address of that account.

Evidently, you are starting mail while in the other account.  You can use the combo box to change which account the message is sent from but it shouldn’t be necessary.  I have two accounts, not in Thunderbird but in Windows Live Mail.  I would think the following applies to Thunderbird as well:
The account I am working in is the account used when I start a new message or reply to a message in that account.  If you have an aggregated folder, such as an inbox that shows all mail from all inboxes for all accounts, I don’t know what happens.  You can check and see if the correct account is automatically used when you reply to a message.  If you start a completely new message, I would expect the default account to be used.  My point is that your problem should almost completely disappear if you keep what I’m saying in mind. 

When you send a completely new message, change the account used by working with the combo box in the from line if you aren’t working in the one you want when you start the message.  When replying, I would expect the account to be used that received the message.

Gene

Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2021 2:55 PM

I see it will not make my first account as a default account it said it was unable and it keeps using my other account instead. I am looking at account  settings for this account  and it says people will respond to this address. So thunder bird users, do I have to say the same e-mail address? I thought it was given that if you are sending from your e-mail address, the person would surely respond back to you using the same address; right?  I wish there was a free tutorial because NVDA wants you to pay for one when I tried to google it. I think that is why I used the mail app so much because someone wrote a written tutorial. I just want to be sure, if I put the same address on the account, that will fix my issue when I try to send messages to my groups. The funny thing is the other account is not set as a default account either. I am still trying to find out why it wants to send all mail out using that account as a response. I did notice my outlook account kept having conflict   issues with the server, so I have deleted it for now till I can figure out what the conflict issues are, it never did say and gave no code I could google for answers. Thank you, Heather 

Gene

Mike B.

Heather,

I know this is a stretch, but have you made sure the program is maximized?

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.
Just once, I want a username and password prompt to say:  "Close Enough!"

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2021 1:40 PM

I don’t know technically how it is done, but I believe the setting you are discussing causes replies to use another address but that has nothing to do with your problem, as far as I know.  Others can discuss that and tell you if I am wrong.  You can check yourself.  You can try that setting, start a message, shift tab to the from line, and see if the address shown is the same address you specify when working with that command.  If it is, that will solvew your problem but I’m not sure what will happen when you specifically want people to reply to mail coming from your other account. 

The way all e-mail programs I’ve used work, the problem you are having should not be a problem if you do the following:
If you have two different accounts, each account should have separate folders, an inbox, a sent mail folder, etc. all separate for that specific account.  If you are in one of the folders for that account, all outgoing mail you begin or reply to should automatically use the address of that account.

Evidently, you are starting mail while in the other account.  You can use the combo box to change which account the message is sent from but it shouldn’t be necessary.  I have two accounts, not in Thunderbird but in Windows Live Mail.  I would think the following applies to Thunderbird as well:
The account I am working in is the account used when I start a new message or reply to a message in that account.  If you have an aggregated folder, such as an inbox that shows all mail from all inboxes for all accounts, I don’t know what happens.  You can check and see if the correct account is automatically used when you reply to a message.  If you start a completely new message, I would expect the default account to be used.  My point is that your problem should almost completely disappear if you keep what I’m saying in mind. 

When you send a completely new message, change the account used by working with the combo box in the from line if you aren’t working in the one you want when you start the message.  When replying, I would expect the account to be used that received the message.

Gene

I see it will not make my first account as a default account it said it was unable and it keeps using my other account instead. I am looking at account  settings for this account  and it says people will respond to this address. So thunder bird users, do I have to say the same e-mail address? I thought it was given that if you are sending from your e-mail address, the person would surely respond back to you using the same address; right?  I wish there was a free tutorial because NVDA wants you to pay for one when I tried to google it. I think that is why I used the mail app so much because someone wrote a written tutorial. I just want to be sure, if I put the same address on the account, that will fix my issue when I try to send messages to my groups. The funny thing is the other account is not set as a default account either. I am still trying to find out why it wants to send all mail out using that account as a response. I did notice my outlook account kept having conflict   issues with the server, so I have deleted it for now till I can figure out what the conflict issues are, it never did say and gave no code I could google for answers. Thank you, Heather 

Gene

heather albright

Oh yes, I always make sure when I use any application. Cheers Heather

Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2021 3:55 PM

Heather,

I know this is a stretch, but have you made sure the program is maximized?

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.
Just once, I want a username and password prompt to say:  "Close Enough!"

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2021 1:40 PM

Gene

Gene