UPS my choice

Troy Burnham

Hi all,

I signed up with UPS my choice a while back and this evening I received an e-mail asking me to verify my e-mail address, and after that I logged in and it says that I can do such things as leave driver instructions, tell them where I want packages left etc. I'd like to do this because when I get a delivery most of the time it's just left inside my fence and I don't know it's there until somebody lets me know, but I expanded all of the options it gave me and I don't see any edit fields to put in any information. Has anybody else done this and can help me?

Thanks, I don't think it would do any good to call UPS for help because when I've called them before the first thing the automated system asks for is a tracking number and I'm not expecting a package right now so I don't have a tracking number to give.

Troy

Hello,
My guess is that this was a phishing email. If it were truly them you would’ve gotten it right after you had signed up. I would recommend changing your password immediately to secure your account.

Ashley

On May 30, 2021, at 8:15 PM, Troy Burnham <troyburnham34@...> wrote:

[...]

Gene

Did you log in using a link provided in the e-mail or did you go to the web site itself?

Sent: Sunday, May 30, 2021 7:33 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] UPS my choice

Hello,
My guess is that this was a phishing email. If it were truly them you would’ve gotten it right after you had signed up. I would recommend changing your password immediately to secure your account.

Ashley

> On May 30, 2021, at 8:15 PM, Troy Burnham <troyburnham34@...> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>

> I signed up with UPS my choice a while back and this evening I received an e-mail asking me to verify my e-mail address, and after that I logged in and it says that I can do such things as leave driver instructions, tell them where I want packages left etc. I'd like to do this because when I get a delivery most of the time it's just left inside my fence and I don't know it's there until somebody lets me know, but I expanded all of the options it gave me and I don't see any edit fields to put in any information. Has anybody else done this and can help me?
>

> Thanks, I don't think it would do any good to call UPS for help because when I've called them before the first thing the automated system asks for is a tracking number and I'm not expecting a package right now so I don't have a tracking number to give.
>

> Troy

Troy Burnham

I verified through the e-mail. It looked legitimate because there weren't any misspelled words which is something I always look for, but I'll go back and change my password to be safe.

Troy

Sent: Sunday, May 30, 2021 7:33 PM

Hello,
My guess is that this was a phishing email. If it were truly them you would’ve gotten it right after you had signed up. I would recommend changing your password immediately to secure your account.

Ashley

> On May 30, 2021, at 8:15 PM, Troy Burnham <troyburnham34@...> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>

> I signed up with UPS my choice a while back and this evening I received an e-mail asking me to verify my e-mail address, and after that I logged in and it says that I can do such things as leave driver instructions, tell them where I want packages left etc. I'd like to do this because when I get a delivery most of the time it's just left inside my fence and I don't know it's there until somebody lets me know, but I expanded all of the options it gave me and I don't see any edit fields to put in any information. Has anybody else done this and can help me?
>

> Thanks, I don't think it would do any good to call UPS for help because when I've called them before the first thing the automated system asks for is a tracking number and I'm not expecting a package right now so I don't have a tracking number to give.
>

> Troy

Gene

Never follow links in e-mails where there is any chance it might be spam.  Go to the regular web site.  It is unlikely you would be asked to verify your e-mail.  As was suggested, change your password.

Just because many spam messages have misspelled words doesn’t mean that they all do.

Sent: Sunday, May 30, 2021 8:48 PM

Sent: Sunday, May 30, 2021 7:33 PM

Hello,
My guess is that this was a phishing email. If it were truly them you would’ve gotten it right after you had signed up. I would recommend changing your password immediately to secure your account.

Ashley

> On May 30, 2021, at 8:15 PM, Troy Burnham mailto:troyburnham34@... wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>

> I signed up with UPS my choice a while back and this evening I received an e-mail asking me to verify my e-mail address, and after that I logged in and it says that I can do such things as leave driver instructions, tell them where I want packages left etc. I'd like to do this because when I get a delivery most of the time it's just left inside my fence and I don't know it's there until somebody lets me know, but I expanded all of the options it gave me and I don't see any edit fields to put in any information. Has anybody else done this and can help me?
>

> Thanks, I don't think it would do any good to call UPS for help because when I've called them before the first thing the automated system asks for is a tracking number and I'm not expecting a package right now so I don't have a tracking number to give.
>

> Troy

Gene

I see that you said you will change your password so I didn’t have to repeat that.  I didn’t read that part before answering.

You can’t rely on any particular signs or sign of a message being authentic or not.  While there are lots of messages with signs indicating spam, some e-mails are very carefully prepared to be convincing.

Sent: Sunday, May 30, 2021 8:48 PM

Sent: Sunday, May 30, 2021 7:33 PM

Hello,
My guess is that this was a phishing email. If it were truly them you would’ve gotten it right after you had signed up. I would recommend changing your password immediately to secure your account.

Ashley

> On May 30, 2021, at 8:15 PM, Troy Burnham mailto:troyburnham34@... wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>

> I signed up with UPS my choice a while back and this evening I received an e-mail asking me to verify my e-mail address, and after that I logged in and it says that I can do such things as leave driver instructions, tell them where I want packages left etc. I'd like to do this because when I get a delivery most of the time it's just left inside my fence and I don't know it's there until somebody lets me know, but I expanded all of the options it gave me and I don't see any edit fields to put in any information. Has anybody else done this and can help me?
>

> Thanks, I don't think it would do any good to call UPS for help because when I've called them before the first thing the automated system asks for is a tracking number and I'm not expecting a package right now so I don't have a tracking number to give.
>

> Troy

John Holcomb II

I've gotten an email saying if I didn't log in my a account would be deleted.
It looked legit but last time I actually tried to use it (and this was years ago), I could not register my address because somebody else in the house already registered the address.
John

[...]

Who knows how many variations there are.  One of the companies I use for e-mail has phishing messages specifically targeting users of that company.  It is a small company, but I have received three or four messages recently telling me that there is congestion on their server and that unless I do something, I don’t recall what, my account would be removed.

It had an official sounding title that made it sound as though it came from a department of the company and it was properly worded with no grammatical errors.

Sent: Sunday, May 30, 2021 9:27 PM

I've gotten an email saying if I didn't log in my a account would be deleted.
It looked legit but last time I actually tried to use it (and this was years ago), I could not register my address because somebody  else in the house already registered the address.
John

My guess is that this was a phishing email. If it were truly them you would’ve gotten it right after you had signed up. I would recommend changing your password immediately to secure your account.

Ashley

> On May 30, 2021, at 8:15 PM, Troy Burnham <troyburnham34@...> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>

> I signed up with UPS my choice a while back and this evening I received an e-mail asking me to verify my e-mail address, and after that I logged in and it says that I can do such things as leave driver instructions, tell them where I want packages left etc. I'd like to do this because when I get a delivery most of the time it's just left inside my fence and I don't know it's there until somebody lets me know, but I expanded all of the options it gave me and I don't see any edit fields to put in any information. Has anybody else done this and can help me?
>

> Thanks, I don't think it would do any good to call UPS for help because when I've called them before the first thing the automated system asks for is a tracking number and I'm not expecting a package right now so I don't have a tracking number to give.
>

> Troy

John Holcomb II

Yeah… but you know that they won’t remove your account like  that, and further you’d not get an email most likely if your server is congested.

John

Sent: Sunday, May 30, 2021 9:27 PM

I've gotten an email saying if I didn't log in my a account would be deleted.
It looked legit but last time I actually tried to use it (and this was years ago), I could not register my address because somebody  else in the house already registered the address.
John

My guess is that this was a phishing email. If it were truly them you would’ve gotten it right after you had signed up. I would recommend changing your password immediately to secure your account.

Ashley

> On May 30, 2021, at 8:15 PM, Troy Burnham <troyburnham34@...> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>

> I signed up with UPS my choice a while back and this evening I received an e-mail asking me to verify my e-mail address, and after that I logged in and it says that I can do such things as leave driver instructions, tell them where I want packages left etc. I'd like to do this because when I get a delivery most of the time it's just left inside my fence and I don't know it's there until somebody lets me know, but I expanded all of the options it gave me and I don't see any edit fields to put in any information. Has anybody else done this and can help me?
>

> Thanks, I don't think it would do any good to call UPS for help because when I've called them before the first thing the automated system asks for is a tracking number and I'm not expecting a package right now so I don't have a tracking number to give.
>

> Troy

Robin Frost

Hi,

In instances like this when dealing with editing settings on ups.com aira can be your friend it's much easier for sighted people and even they complain about this site in particular.

Once set however you won't have to worry about it.

Take good care.

Robin

On 5/30/2021 8:14 PM, Troy Burnham wrote:
[...]

Pamela Dominguez

And just because a message has a misspelled word doesn’t make it spam, either.  Pam.

Sent: Sunday, May 30, 2021 8:48 PM

Sent: Sunday, May 30, 2021 7:33 PM