Blind Tech Guys Invites You To Be A Part Of The BTG ClubHouse Community

Marco Curralejo

Hello everyone,

Blind Tech Guys now has a club on ClubHouse and we invite you all to join our ever-growing community.

You will find the podcast here, where we discuss Android, iOS, and any other technology product or service from a blindness perspective.

The Blind Tech Guys are two blind podcasters who make it their mission to bring you this content. Blind Tech Guys is published weekly, with occasional bonus midweek episodes.

We are aware that it can be difficult to find technology resources from a blindness perspective. While there are other podcasts out there, we believe that the landscape is fragmented, and our strengths lie in providing you with tech content and commentary that is useful and easy to understand. We know you can go elsewhere for your content consumption, but we are positive that you will find what you are looking for by being a part of our community.

To join the ClubHouse BTG community, click on the following link.

https://www.clubhouse.com/club/blind-tech-guys

I hope to see you all around on the ClubHouse streets!

Warm regards,

Marco Curralejo

www.blindtechguys.com

Sharon Hooley

I don't understand how to accept Clubhouse invitations.  I tried going to the next step after entering my phone number, but It seems I'm stuck. I also tried getting my username, but failed.  Do I need to try again or take a different way?  And once I get in successfuly, how do I accept?

Thanks,

acce

John Holcomb II

That’s the same problem I’m having too.

I can’t even enter a username.

It just says import f from twitter, and I can’t even do that as when I hit that button and it opens twitter, the authorize app button  is dimmed.

John

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sharon Hooley
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2021 2:40 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Blind Tech Guys Invites You To Be A Part Of The BTG ClubHouse Community

I don't understand how to accept Clubhouse invitations.  I tried going to the next step after entering my phone number, but It seems I'm stuck. I also tried getting my username, but failed.  Do I need to try again or take a different way?  And once I get in successfuly, how do I accept?

Thanks,

acce

Andy

If you have the Clubhouse app installed on your phone, you just click the link in the message.

Andy

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2021 11:39 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Blind Tech Guys Invites You To Be A Part Of The BTG ClubHouse Community

Thanks,

acce

John Holcomb II

Right so I do that, it says get your username.

I then enter in my number.

It then sends me a code, and I  type it in.

Now here I am at the  screen that says “Let’s set up your profile?”

Then all  I have is an import from Twitter button.

If I hit that it opens twitter, but I can’t hit  the authorize app button.

There is no  other way for me to be able to enter a username manually or anything else on this app.

This is as far as I’ve been able to get and I’ve tried this multiple times.

This is on an iPhone SE, first generation.

I could try on android but its not my primary.

So what am I missing?

Thanks again,

John

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Andy
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2021 3:11 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

If you have the Clubhouse app installed on your phone, you just click the link in the message.

Andy

Thanks,

acce

Marco Curralejo

There should be a skip button once you get to the Twitter area.

Maybe because you are using older phones this doesn’t present itself.

Best thing to do is to send ClubHouse an email and advise them of your issue.

They are very prompt at taking action.

Cheers,

Marco

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of John Holcomb II
Sent: Thursday, June 3, 2021 4:41 AM

It just says import f from twitter, and I can’t even do that as when I hit that button and it opens twitter, the authorize app button  is dimmed.

John

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sharon Hooley

Thanks,

acce

Marco Curralejo

Interesting, not sure how to get around that, as I don’t have a phone of that vintage laying around anymore.

I suggest to get around it, try it on your Android and once your in, then swap your sim back to your iphone and you should be good to go.

Marco

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of John Holcomb II
Sent: Thursday, June 3, 2021 6:19 AM

It then sends me a code, and I  type it in.

Now here I am at the  screen that says “Let’s set up your profile?”

Then all  I have is an import from Twitter button.

If I hit that it opens twitter, but I can’t hit  the authorize app button.

There is no  other way for me to be able to enter a username manually or anything else on this app.

So what am I missing?

Thanks again,

John

Andy

Thanks,

acce

John Holcomb II

There’s no  skip button.

Do you have an email address so I can?

I think is still beta so this would be good feedback for them to fix.

Thanks,

John

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marco Curralejo
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2021 7:42 PM

Cheers,

Marco

John

Thanks,

acce

Marco Curralejo

Try https://www.clubhouse.com/contact

Cheers,

Marco

Sent: Thursday, June 3, 2021 9:44 AM

There’s no  skip button.

Thanks,

John

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marco Curralejo

Cheers,

Marco

John

Thanks,

acce

John Holcomb II

I don’t see a way to contact them if I don’t have a username though.

John

Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2021 7:48 PM

Cheers,

Marco

There’s no  skip button.

Thanks,

John

Cheers,

Marco

John

Thanks,

acce

Marco Curralejo

John,

Email me privately at contact@... and I will talk you through it all.

Cheers,

Marco

Sent: Thursday, June 3, 2021 10:03 AM

I don’t see a way to contact them if I don’t have a username though.

John

Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2021 7:48 PM

Cheers,

Marco

There’s no  skip button.

Thanks,

John

Cheers,

Marco

John

Thanks,

acce

George Zaynoun

I had the same problem, solution was I used my Braillenote Touch Plus and completed registration using Clubhouse Record.
Original message:

It then sends me a code, and I type it in.
Now here I am at the screen that says “Let’s set up your profile?”
Then all I have is an import from Twitter button.
If I hit that it opens twitter, but I can’t hit the authorize app button.
There is no other way for me to be able to enter a username manually or anything else on this app.
So what am I missing?
Thanks again,
John
Andy
To: main@techtalk.groups.io <mailto:main@techtalk.groups.io>
I don't understand how to accept Clubhouse invitations. I tried going to the next step after entering my phone number, but It seems I'm stuck. I also tried getting my username, but failed. Do I need to try again or take a different way? And once I get in successfuly, how do I accept?
Thanks,
acce
--
Georges Zeinoun
Timmerv. 6A ITR LGH1102, 54163 SKÖVDE SWEDEN
Tel: +46 (500) 48 29 29 Mobile: +46 (70) 366 63 29

goshawk on horseback

have tried it on my iPhone X, and there is a button to enter info manually, don't know why it isn't showing for you.

Simon

To: <main@techtalk.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2021 5:20 AM

I had the same problem, solution was I used my Braillenote Touch Plus and completed registration using Clubhouse Record.
Original message:

There is no other way for me to be able to enter a username manually or anything else on this app.
So what am I missing?
Thanks again,
John
Andy
I don't understand how to accept Clubhouse invitations. I tried going to the next step after entering my phone number, but It seems I'm stuck. I also tried getting my username, but failed. Do I need to try again or take a different way? And once I get in successfuly, how do I accept?
Thanks,
acce
--
Georges Zeinoun

Marco Curralejo

Ok this is happening because you must be using an older iPhone, likely something before the iPhone 8.

Unfortunately, you will need a set of eyes to help you click on the button.

Cheers,

Marco

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of goshawk on horseback
Sent: Thursday, June 3, 2021 3:06 PM
Importance: High

have tried it on my iPhone X, and there is a button to enter info manually, don't know why it isn't showing for you.

Simon

I had the same problem, solution was I used my Braillenote Touch Plus
and completed registration using Clubhouse Record.
Original message:

There is no other way for me to be able to enter a username manually
or anything else on this app.
This is as far as I’ve been able to get and I’ve tried this multiple
times.
So what am I missing?
Thanks again,
John
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of
Andy
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Blind Tech Guys Invites You To Be A Part Of
The BTG ClubHouse Community
If you have the Clubhouse app installed on your phone, you just click
the link in the message.
Andy
I don't understand how to accept Clubhouse invitations. I tried going
to the next step after entering my phone number, but It seems I'm
stuck. I also tried getting my username, but failed. Do I need to try
again or take a different way? And once I get in successfuly, how do I accept?
Thanks,
acce
--
Georges Zeinoun

John Holcomb II

But it shouldn't be happening right? Regardless of which phone you use?
John

Sent: Friday, June 04, 2021 12:02 AM

Ok this is happening because you must be using an older iPhone, likely something before the iPhone 8.

Unfortunately, you will need a set of eyes to help you click on the button.

Cheers,

Marco

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of goshawk on horseback
Sent: Thursday, June 3, 2021 3:06 PM
Importance: High

Simon

I had the same problem, solution was I used my Braillenote Touch Plus
and completed registration using Clubhouse Record.
Original message:

There is no other way for me to be able to enter a username manually
or anything else on this app.
This is as far as I’ve been able to get and I’ve tried this multiple
times.
So what am I missing?
Thanks again,
John
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of
Andy
If you have the Clubhouse app installed on your phone, you just click
the link in the message.
Andy
I don't understand how to accept Clubhouse invitations. I tried going
to the next step after entering my phone number, but It seems I'm
stuck. I also tried getting my username, but failed. Do I need to try
again or take a different way? And once I get in successfuly, how do I accept?
Thanks,
acce
--
Georges Zeinoun