stopping a program from starting up after login

Kimsan

Windows 10 latest and jfw 2020.
I installed discord many moons back, how do I have it stop from starting up?
I looked under the start up tab and services tab in msconfig, but discord
was no where to be found.
Then I looked in the discord application itself, and couldn't find anything,
as I am still learning my way around that application.

Kimsan Song
kimsansong@icloud.com
If you are into HipHop or R&B, I invite you to subscribe to my youtube
artist channel at
Also, you may follow me on twitter:
https://twitter.com/kims4ns0ng

chris judge

Hi. Do the following. Go to your start menu and type startup apps.
Press enter to open start up apps settings. Tab through and turn off the
apps you don't want to run at startup.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.
Chris Judge

artist channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFzrNcgBfHguK-LnnJMMylA
Also, you may follow me on twitter:
https://twitter.com/kims4ns0ng

Kimsan

Chris,
Thanks for that but I'm not seeing discord in the list.

Thank you,
Kimsan Song

kimsansong@icloud.com
Please check out my new EP titled I thought you new here
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mBMfy4DoouhVmDxHqONd4AJHL4d2vft4M

I installed discord many moons back, how do I have it stop from starting up?
I looked under the start up tab and services tab in msconfig, but discord
was no where to be found.
Then I looked in the discord application itself, and couldn't find anything,
as I am still learning my way around that application.

Kimsan Song
kimsansong@icloud.com
If you are into HipHop or R&B, I invite you to subscribe to my youtube
artist channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFzrNcgBfHguK-LnnJMMylA
Also, you may follow me on twitter:
https://twitter.com/kims4ns0ng

Mike B.

Yo Bro,

Try going to All Programs in the Start Menu, and in there find the Start-up folder and if this program is in there you can either delete it, copy  or cut it out and this'll stop it from starting at start-up.

If you have a copy of the program you can open the Run dialogue by pressing, Windows Key + R, and type the following

shell:appsfolder

and press enter.  Find the program in here and remove it.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

I installed discord many moons back, how do I have it stop from starting up?
I looked under the start up tab and services tab in msconfig, but discord
was no where to be found.
Then I looked in the discord application itself, and couldn't find anything,
as I am still learning my way around that application.

Kimsan Song
kimsansong@...
 If you are into HipHop or R&B, I invite you to subscribe to my youtube
artist channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFzrNcgBfHguK-LnnJMMylA
Also, you may follow me on twitter:
https://twitter.com/kims4ns0ng

Gene

As far as I know, removing a program from the apps folder has nothing to do with whether it runs at startup.  I don’t know about Windows 10 apps and others would have to comment on those but as far as I know, the shell:apps folder contains shortcuts to open all programs and has nothing to do with whether they run automatically at bootup.

I don’t think you should remove items from the apps folder without further discussion.

I installed discord many moons back, how do I have it stop from starting up?
I looked under the start up tab and services tab in msconfig, but discord
was no where to be found.
Then I looked in the discord application itself, and couldn't find anything,
as I am still learning my way around that application.

Kimsan Song
kimsansong@...
If you are into HipHop or R&B, I invite you to subscribe to my youtube
artist channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFzrNcgBfHguK-LnnJMMylA
Also, you may follow me on twitter:
https://twitter.com/kims4ns0ng

Mike B.

If you uninstall from the apps folder, and it's a program and not an app, it'll take you to Programs and Features and you remove, uninstall or delete it from the computer.  That's why I asked him if he had a copy of the program.  But, if it's only an app it'll uninstall it from the apps folder.  If it's a shortcut you don't get an uninstall option.

Depending on what type of file it is dictates on what options you'll get when you open the context menu to see your choices for the item.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

[...]

Howard Traxler

Programs or APPs:  I thought "APP" is just short for "application program".  I thought they are the same thing; Please, what is the difference?

Thanks
Howard

On 6/6/2021 12:22 PM, Mike B wrote:

[...]

Jaffar Sidek

1.  Press Ctrl+Shift+Escape, to open task manager, or, press windows key+X and arrow down to task manager.

2. Press Ctrl+Tab until you here "StrartUp tab being announced.

3.  Tab once to the list of startup items list, programs that start up when your pc boots up.

4.  arrow down to search for the program you don't wish to have started up.  if it is in the list, press the right applications or context menu key, arrow down to "Disable", then press enter.

5.  Restart your pc.

Note: this is for windows 10 users, but I think it might work on windows 7 as well, i forget.  Cheers!

On 6/6/2021 9:31 pm, Gene wrote:
[...]

Here you go, 1 interpretation:

Application vs. Program (What’s the Difference?)

Last Updated on September 14, 2020 by
RapidAPI Staff

Table of Contents
[show]

Application vs. Program

In the ever-evolving world of technology, we often have to familiarize ourselves with various terms that come up every single day. And while most of the
words come with sharp differences, at times, we come across terms that are considered to mean the same thing even though they are totally different.

A perfect example is the term program and application. Some years back, the word program was used when referring to desktop operating systems such as windows.
Additionally, apps were associated with mobile OS, such as
iOS and Android.

However, when desktop applications were developed, the difference between the two become a little blurry.

Consequently, a major concern is that most users don’t understand that there are subtle differences between programs and applications. If you are one such
user, this article expounds in detail the similarities and the differences between the two.

Meaning of Each Term
What is an Application?

An application (app) is a program or a collection of programs that have been designed for the end-users. They help you to perform a set of coordinated
tasks, functions, or activities. From the definition, we deduce that all apps are programs, but not all programs are necessarily apps. Another crucial
thing to note about applications is that they can’t run on their own, and they depend on system software to operate.

What is a Program?

Programs are a collection or sequence of executable instructions that aid in the automatic performance of targeted tasks on a computer. It refers to a
set of coded instructions that a computer can recognize to solve a problem or yield the desired result.

Similarities Between Applications and Programs

The main similarity between applications and programs is the fact that they are both used to perform various functions or tasks on a computer.

Additionally, since an application is a collection of computer programs that help end-users to solve a problem, it means that these programs must coordinate
and interact for this to happen. We are simply saying that all apps need programs to perform end-users’ commands. For example, when you want to watch a
movie via VLC, the player will require
audio and video drivers to operate.

Differences Between an Application and a Program
1. Installation

A program requires an installer that is packaged with necessary files for it to be installed on a computer. Conversely, it may also seek to download more
data from the web before it installs. On the other hand, an app is a single file that a user downloads from the internet and installs it on their device.
And unlike programs, you don’t need a separate uninstaller to uninstall apps from your computer.

2. Target User

As mentioned earlier, an app is developed with the end-user in mind. As such, it is structured to help users complete a given function, task, or activity.
A program, on the other hand, is created to help a computer execute a specific purpose, and it can run on the background without the end-users intervention.

3. User Interface

Since an app is designed to be utilized by real individuals, it boasts a user interface (UI). However, programs don’t necessarily need to have a UI for
them to be considered complete, For instance, viruses and malware that are used by hackers to infect your computer are programs, but they don’t have a
UI.

4. Development

Since an application can feature several programs, it is usually developed through a structured and documented process that may involve several individuals.
On the other hand, a program can be created by a single individual. However, it is vitally essential to understand that today’s apps can be developed by
one person
utilizing APIs,
libraries,
and
frameworks.
 But since these essentials are also designed by someone else, it still means that several people will still be involved in the development process.

5. Operation

While an app requires various programs to exist and operate, programs don’t need an app to execute their roles. For example, while MS Word (an application)
requires multiple drivers such as Prime number sieve and square root finder (programs) to function, the drivers don’t need MS Word to execute their roles.

Final Verdict

The differences between applications and programs have been blurred for a very long time, and most people have been using them interchangeably. However,
from what we have seen in this article, although apps and programs intersect at some point, they are not synonymous. They are a means to an end, so they
need to be treated differently. We live in a dynamic environment where everything is influenced by technology.  Nevertheless, we must learn to differentiate
terms, whether they have been in existence for decades (programs) or have emerged due to the changes in technology (applications).

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

[...]

Hello sir,

The application is not in that start up tab list.

Thank you,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Please check out my new EP titled I thought you new here https://youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mBMfy4DoouhVmDxHqONd4AJHL4d2vft4M

I installed discord many moons back, how do I have it stop from starting up?
I looked under the start up tab and services tab in msconfig, but discord
was no where to be found.
Then I looked in the discord application itself, and couldn't find anything,
as I am still learning my way around that application.

Kimsan Song
kimsansong@...
If you are into HipHop or R&B, I invite you to subscribe to my youtube
artist channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFzrNcgBfHguK-LnnJMMylA
Also, you may follow me on twitter:
https://twitter.com/kims4ns0ng

Jaffar Sidek

What program is this?  Cheers!

On 8/6/2021 10:25 am, Kimsan via groups.io wrote:

[...]

Discord…

Thank you,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Please check out my new EP titled I thought you new here https://youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mBMfy4DoouhVmDxHqONd4AJHL4d2vft4M

I installed discord many moons back, how do I have it stop from starting up?
I looked under the start up tab and services tab in msconfig, but discord
was no where to be found.
Then I looked in the discord application itself, and couldn't find anything,
as I am still learning my way around that application.

Kimsan Song
kimsansong@...
If you are into HipHop or R&B, I invite you to subscribe to my youtube
artist channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFzrNcgBfHguK-LnnJMMylA
Also, you may follow me on twitter:
https://twitter.com/kims4ns0ng

Kimsan

Sup my g?

I cut the program out of the location after navigating to where you directed me to and discord is still launching.

Thank you,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Please check out my new EP titled I thought you new here https://youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mBMfy4DoouhVmDxHqONd4AJHL4d2vft4M

I installed discord many moons back, how do I have it stop from starting up?
I looked under the start up tab and services tab in msconfig, but discord
was no where to be found.
Then I looked in the discord application itself, and couldn't find anything,
as I am still learning my way around that application.

Kimsan Song
kimsansong@...
 If you are into HipHop or R&B, I invite you to subscribe to my youtube
artist channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFzrNcgBfHguK-LnnJMMylA
Also, you may follow me on twitter:
https://twitter.com/kims4ns0ng

Gene

As I asked yesterday, does the program cause any problem by running automatically?

I installed discord many moons back, how do I have it stop from starting up?
I looked under the start up tab and services tab in msconfig, but discord
was no where to be found.
Then I looked in the discord application itself, and couldn't find anything,
as I am still learning my way around that application.

Kimsan Song
kimsansong@...
If you are into HipHop or R&B, I invite you to subscribe to my youtube
artist channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFzrNcgBfHguK-LnnJMMylA
Also, you may follow me on twitter:
https://twitter.com/kims4ns0ng

Kimsan

No problem.

I just don’t want it starting up after I log in.

Thank you,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Please check out my new EP titled I thought you new here https://youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mBMfy4DoouhVmDxHqONd4AJHL4d2vft4M

As I asked yesterday, does the program cause any problem by running automatically?

I installed discord many moons back, how do I have it stop from starting up?
I looked under the start up tab and services tab in msconfig, but discord
was no where to be found.
Then I looked in the discord application itself, and couldn't find anything,
as I am still learning my way around that application.

Kimsan Song
kimsansong@...
If you are into HipHop or R&B, I invite you to subscribe to my youtube
artist channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFzrNcgBfHguK-LnnJMMylA
Also, you may follow me on twitter:
https://twitter.com/kims4ns0ng

Kimsan

Mike,

Thank you for the note you sent me last night. It worked.

Honestly, the users tab I always clicked on but it was that windows tab I knew I should’ve clicked on but ignored it as I thought it was about something else.

All is well now, thanks a bunch, gangsta.

Thank you,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Please check out my new EP titled I thought you new here https://youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mBMfy4DoouhVmDxHqONd4AJHL4d2vft4M

I installed discord many moons back, how do I have it stop from starting up?
I looked under the start up tab and services tab in msconfig, but discord
was no where to be found.
Then I looked in the discord application itself, and couldn't find anything,
as I am still learning my way around that application.

Kimsan Song
kimsansong@...
 If you are into HipHop or R&B, I invite you to subscribe to my youtube
artist channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFzrNcgBfHguK-LnnJMMylA
Also, you may follow me on twitter:
https://twitter.com/kims4ns0ng

Mike B.

Yo Bro Gangsta,

The thanks go to gangsta Rick Justice of Ohighya!  He's the one who got the information for you since he has the program on his system and knew what you needed to do.  I'll convey your ggratitude to him.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

I installed discord many moons back, how do I have it stop from starting up?
I looked under the start up tab and services tab in msconfig, but discord
was no where to be found.
Then I looked in the discord application itself, and couldn't find anything,
as I am still learning my way around that application.

Kimsan Song
kimsansong@...
 If you are into HipHop or R&B, I invite you to subscribe to my youtube
artist channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFzrNcgBfHguK-LnnJMMylA
Also, you may follow me on twitter:
https://twitter.com/kims4ns0ng

Kimsan

Appreciate it boss.

I’m to lazy to write out how I resolved it, everyone write Mike B privately, if you want the solution lol.

Thank you,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...