From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sharon
Hooley
Sent: Monday, June 07, 2021 11:05 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Smart Speaker advice, please

Hi,

Does anyone recommend an accessible smart speaker that is portable and can
be adjusted to play deep base sound?

Thanks,

www.CochlearAmericas.com

Monte Single

I have a boes revolve.
It is the size of a large water glass, slightly tapered from the bottom to
top.
It definitely has bass.
I can make the neighbours complain without trying.
It can use Bluetooth and audio cable.
I think it costs about 250 u s dolla.

When you put this puppy in your purse, you know it's there!

Does anyone recommend an accessible smart speaker that is portable and can
be adjusted to play deep base sound?

Thanks,

www.CochlearAmericas.com

Monte Single

Yes, that's right.
When I turn on my boes revolve, a female voice announces the battery level,
announces pairing and connection type.

Bose speakers talk, but they are the only ones I know of.
John

Does anyone recommend an accessible smart speaker that is portable and can
be adjusted to play deep base sound?

Thanks,

www.CochlearAmericas.com

Mike B.

Hi Monte,

Would you please tell me more about your Bose Revolve?

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Sent: Monday, June 07, 2021 9:04 AM

Yes,  that's right.
When I turn on my boes revolve,  a female voice announces the battery level,
announces pairing and connection type.

Bose speakers talk, but they are the only ones I know of.
John

Does anyone recommend an accessible smart speaker that is  portable and  can
be adjusted to play deep base sound?

Thanks,

Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids?  Visit
www.CochlearAmericas.com

John Holcomb II

One too, what else would you like to know?

The speaker is updatable via software and its accessible at least on  iOS (haven’t tried with android yet.)

John

Sent: Monday, June 07, 2021 9:04 AM

Yes,  that's right.
When I turn on my boes revolve,  a female voice announces the battery level,
announces pairing and connection type.

Bose speakers talk, but they are the only ones I know of.
John

Does anyone recommend an accessible smart speaker that is  portable and  can
be adjusted to play deep base sound?

Thanks,

Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids?  Visit
www.CochlearAmericas.com

Mike B.

Monte,

Is this device fatter at the bottom or top?  I know my question doesn't sound logical, but there's a lot of things that are perceived one way and when you buy them they're the opposite.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Does anyone recommend an accessible smart speaker that is  portable and  can
be adjusted to play deep base sound?

Thanks,

Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids?  Visit
www.CochlearAmericas.com

Mike B.

I'm sorry, but I didn't notice the message where Monte described the speaker before I sent my query.  Can treble and bass be adjusted manually on the Revolve?

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Sent: Monday, June 07, 2021 9:32 AM

One too, what else would you like to know?

The speaker is updatable via software and its accessible at least on  iOS (haven’t tried with android yet.)

John

Would you please tell me more about your Bose Revolve?

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

When I turn on my boes revolve,  a female voice announces the battery level,
announces pairing and connection type.

Bose speakers talk, but they are the only ones I know of.
John

Does anyone recommend an accessible smart speaker that is  portable and  can
be adjusted to play deep base sound?

Thanks,

Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids?  Visit
www.CochlearAmericas.com

John Holcomb II

No. If you want manual adjustments on the speaker itself, look at

Marshall Kilburn II Review | PCMag

That’s not the only one they offer but they tend to have actual base and trouble knobs on their speakers. I’ve not used one or heard one myself.

John

Sent: Monday, June 07, 2021 9:32 AM

Sent: Monday, June 07, 2021 9:04 AM

Yes,  that's right.
When I turn on my boes revolve,  a female voice announces the battery level,
announces pairing and connection type.

Bose speakers talk, but they are the only ones I know of.
John

Does anyone recommend an accessible smart speaker that is  portable and  can
be adjusted to play deep base sound?

Thanks,

Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids?  Visit
www.CochlearAmericas.com

Monte Single

Hi Mike,

, this boes revolve is  Wider  at the bottom and tapers  in at the top.

Think of the shape like a large, probably 16 + oz paper coffee cup   upside down.

The outside is a perforated metal with no seem.  The top feels like silicone.  It sits on a base that has the charging cable plugin.

It has six buttons on  top;

---12 o clock is the off on button,

---6 o clock is the mute button.

---10 o clock is the pairing button

---2   o clock is the imput selectio  I use audio cable

---8 and 4 o clock are volume up down.

No, it does not   have bass trebble up down or balance selection;  you would have to do that from the music/siybd siyrce,

n,

Is this device fatter at the bottom or top?  I know my question doesn't sound logical, but there's a lot of things that are perceived one way and when you buy them they're the opposite.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Does anyone recommend an accessible smart speaker that is  portable and  can
be adjusted to play deep base sound?

Thanks,

Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids?  Visit
www.CochlearAmericas.com

Mike B.

Hi Monte,

Thank you very much for this discription.  I did a search and my search results said that the Revolve is 6 inches tall and 3.2 inches in diameter for top and bottom.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Is this device fatter at the bottom or top?  I know my question doesn't sound logical, but there's a lot of things that are perceived one way and when you buy them they're the opposite.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Does anyone recommend an accessible smart speaker that is  portable and  can
be adjusted to play deep base sound?

Thanks,

Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids?  Visit
www.CochlearAmericas.com

Victor

This sounds like an awesome speaker! My girlfriend used to have a Bluetooth speaker that I thought sounded pretty good. However, this one sounds much better. I’m interested in this one and checking out the HomePod mini. I’d like to compare the two of them.

Blessings,

Victor

On Jun 7, 2021, at 1:24 PM, Mike B <mb69mach1@...> wrote:

Hi Monte,

Thank you very much for this discription.  I did a search and my search results said that the Revolve is 6 inches tall and 3.2 inches in diameter for top and bottom.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Is this device fatter at the bottom or top?  I know my question doesn't sound logical, but there's a lot of things that are perceived one way and when you buy them they're the opposite.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Does anyone recommend an accessible smart speaker that is  portable and  can
be adjusted to play deep base sound?

Thanks,

Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids?  Visit
www.CochlearAmericas.com

John Holcomb II

You’ll probably get better sound from the HomePod mini. Also the Home pod mini isn’t battery powered.

John

Is this device fatter at the bottom or top?  I know my question doesn't sound logical, but there's a lot of things that are perceived one way and when you buy them they're the opposite.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Does anyone recommend an accessible smart speaker that is  portable and  can
be adjusted to play deep base sound?

Thanks,

Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids?  Visit
www.CochlearAmericas.com

Monte Single

I don’t know exactly what Victor is looking for,  but in Mike B’s original post, he was looking for a portable speaker.

Cheers!

You’ll probably get better sound from the HomePod mini. Also the Home pod mini isn’t battery powered.

John

Is this device fatter at the bottom or top?  I know my question doesn't sound logical, but there's a lot of things that are perceived one way and when you buy them they're the opposite.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Does anyone recommend an accessible smart speaker that is  portable and  can
be adjusted to play deep base sound?

Thanks,

Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids?  Visit
www.CochlearAmericas.com

Thomas N. Chan

The 6 o-clock button is the multi-function button.
It play, pause, and even triggle voice assist
If you double press on it, it will skip forward, three times will reverse.

It has been the same setup of portable by Bose for  a while.

The mobile app will update its firmware  and also remove or pair to multiple device for you.
Bose portable speaker can pair up to max 8 devices but only two can be use at once.

I have been using bose since the soundlink mini II and now Revolve Plus, all has been the same multi function button.

everytime you turn it on, it will report the battery status, 10% interval up to 100%.

Regards,
Thomas N. Chan

On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 at 03:04, Monte Single <mrsingle@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks Thomas,

Oviously, it’s time I updated the firmware on my boes revolve;  it is 3 years old.

Cheers,

Monte