drive image backup with win10 and nvda

Monte Single

Hi List,

I have decided to replace my 500 gig sata drive with a 500 gig s s d.

I think I’ll get the Samsung evo 860 s s d 500 gig drive.

I can get a WD blue for  a little less money,  but I like to go for thing that are  just a little more than the cheapest.

Ten bucks in this case.

I want to clone my sata 500 gig drive to a 500 gig s s d drive.

This means  transferring everything on my c drive to a new drive.

I would really like my browser, outlook 2016  etc. to come through intact.

I am using win10 20h2, current nvda, office 2016  and current chrome.

I am looking for the simplest and safest method.  I can  do a backup to an external disk.

The software does not have to be  blind friendly as I will have a sighted friend help me with this.

Thanks for all help.

As this subject has been covered on this list before,  any help and suggestions can be sent to me at; mrsingle@...

Cheers,

Monte

John Holcomb II

Believe (but am not certain of this fact), that the Samsung SSD will come with software to do this.

John

[...]

Yes,  I just talked with the store and it comes with something called Magician.

…and my friend has already picked one up for me.

I’m not committed, but getting close.

[...]

By the time I get to upgrading to an M.2 SSD they’ll be  even cheaper lol.

John

[...]

Prices are  always coming dow in terms of gigs of memory per dollar.

Sometimes they seem to stagnateor rise a little.

Eight years ago I purchased a 120 gig sata drive and it was about a buck a gig.

The one I got today  was about 5 gigs for a buck.

5  gig of s s d memory  for  a buck is not too shabby;  it sounds even better if you say a gig of s s d memory for 20 cents.

Of course, those are Canadian cents.

[...]

Lol for real man!

A 2TB SATA-based SSD is only a  couple of hundred now.

John

[...]

Loy

Purchased a Crucial SSD a few months ago, but the software that came with it was not accessible to clone the drive, so I returned it. I just purchased a

500 GB SK hynix

SSD drive and the software that came with it was simple and easy to use with JAWS and I was able to install it without help.----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, June 19, 2021 8:00 PM