From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Howard Traxler
Sent: July 17, 2021 1:17 PM
To: TechTalk <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] About a Chrome Book Computer

What is meant by a Chrome Book Computer? Does it--or can it--run under Windows or other operating systems or only a Google Chrome priority system? What makes it different from other Windows-based laptops? Does it have CPU, storage, ports, etc. similar to other laptops? Can it run NVDA, JAWS, Window-eyes, and other such screen readers? I found a Lenovo laptop that perports to be a Chrome Book at a very good price. I'm wondering if it would be as usable as something like a Toshiba, Dell, or others.

Opinions and facts, please.

Thanks.
Howard

Monte Single

Hi Howard,

A chrome book is a google laptop. It is not a windows machine and you cannot install window programs on it.
It has its own screenreader called chrome vox I think.