Strange problem with NVDA

Gene

Your synthesizer is not able to communicate with the server to be recognized as registered.  When you run NVDA, issue the command NVDA key control s.  Then type e. That will place you on e-speak if that is the only selection beginning with e.  Then press enter.

If you have e-speak functioning, you can go into the synthesizer dialog again, and with E-speak speech, choose the synthesizer you want to use temporarily. 
once you have settings such as rate, etdc. set as you wish, save the configuration.  the command is NVDA key control c.Now, the synthesizer you want to use temporarily will be used when you run NVDA.

Test over time to see if you can select the synthesizer you are using now. If it says please register this product, use the command NVDA key control r to apply the saved configuration.  That will cause NVDA to use the synthesizer you have saved as the saved configuration, in other words, the one you are using temporarily.

Once the synthesizer you want to use makes contact with the server again and the server knows it is registered, you may switch to it, then save the configuration again so it will automatically be used when you run NVDA.

Gene
-----Original message-----

Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2021 5:37 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Strange problem with NVDA

Just started NVDA and I get this message to please register this product.    NVDA is frozen at this point can't tab to anything and can't close the program. I have to do a control alt delete and sign out. What could be the problem?

Loy

Just started NVDA and I get this message to please register this product.    NVDA is frozen at this point can't tab to anything and can't close the program. I have to do a control alt delete and sign out. What could be the problem?