accessibility to GoToWebinar

heather albright

Has anyone used this platform, I saw a post that some one sent on june 11 2021  Accessibility to GtM for blind people - LogMeIn Community form.

“We have blind clients that told us they cannot access webinars as attendees, whereas they do not encounter the same problem in Zoom. They use Windows 10 with an open source screen reader software,  called NVDA.

When they open the GoToWebinar  app, the screen reader just announces  a window, nothing else. They cannot interact with it, not even get any information about what was going on.”

I have to use this platform next week, is it still inaccessible?

Thanks Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

I'm not clear about what you're asking here. Do you mean this Accessibility To Go, or Zoom? Zoom is most assuredly accessible. I've never heard of this Accessibility To Go.

Ann P.

Has anyone used this platform, I saw a post that some one sent on june 11 2021 Accessibility to GtM for blind people - LogMeIn Community form.
“We have blind clients that told us they cannot access webinars as attendees, whereas they do not encounter the same problem in Zoom. They use Windows 10 with an open source screen reader software, called NVDA.
When they open the GoToWebinar app, the screen reader just announces a window, nothing else. They cannot interact with it, not even get any information about what was going on.”
I have to use this platform next week, is it still inaccessible?
Thanks Heather
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@sero.email
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Ann Parsons

Heather,

We can't help you if you don't have any information about this webinar client. What is its web site? What is its real name and how is it spelled? gotowebinar, is that it?

Ann P.

[...]

All the message said that was sent to me was this, “Good morning, Ms. Albright,

We have received a response from our Accessibility Coordinator informing us that unfortunately, GoToWebinar does not work with JAWS.

Here is the site, I had to search it from the message:

https://www.goto.com/webinar

It is the platform that I have to do training in.

Thanks Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows

--

Ann K. Parsons

Portal Tutoring

EMAIL:  akp@...

Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,

Not all those who wander are lost."

Thomas N. Chan

I have not been using gotomeeting for a few months. Most of it, its rather useable with jaws.
Due to the my mobility, I use on my mobile device on the go
But thats as a guest, not a host.
I don't have any webina at this stage with gotomeeting, so i can't really test if the accessibility is still useable with current version of jaws or nvda.
but then again, i have been using it for a few years long before zoom came in, its rather ok.

Regards,
Thomas N. Chan

On Fri, 20 Aug 2021 at 10:07, heather albright <kd5cbl@...> wrote:

All the message said that was sent to me was this, “Good morning, Ms. Albright,

We have received a response from our Accessibility Coordinator informing us that unfortunately, GoToWebinar does not work with JAWS.

Here is the site, I had to search it from the message:

https://www.goto.com/webinar

It is the platform that I have to do training in.

Thanks Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows

We can't help you if you don't have any information about this webinar

client.  What is its web site?  What is its real name and how is it

spelled?  gotowebinar, is that it?

Ann P.

> Has anyone used this platform, I saw a post that some one sent on june

> 11 2021 Accessibility to GtM for blind people - LogMeIn Community form.

> “We have blind clients that told us they cannot access webinars as

> attendees, whereas they do not encounter the same problem in Zoom. They

> use Windows 10 with an open source screen reader software, called NVDA.

> When they open the GoToWebinar app, the screen reader just announces a

> window, nothing else. They cannot interact with it, not even get any

> information about what was going on.”

> I have to use this platform next week, is it still inaccessible?

> Thanks Heather

> Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows

--

Ann K. Parsons

Portal Tutoring

EMAIL:  akp@...

Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,

Not all those who wander are lost."

Gene

This appears to refer to go To meeting, something I have never seen abbreviated.  I am not at all sure there is a generally recognized short form for this application or app.

Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2021 8:37 PM

Hi all,

I'm not clear about what you're asking here.  Do you mean this
Accessibility To Go, or Zoom?  Zoom is most assuredly accessible.  I've
never heard of this Accessibility To Go.

Ann P.

> Has anyone used this platform, I saw a post that some one sent on june
> 11 2021 Accessibility to GtM for blind people - LogMeIn Community form.

> “We have blind clients that told us they cannot access webinars as
> attendees, whereas they do not encounter the same problem in Zoom. They
> use Windows 10 with an open source screen reader software, called NVDA.

> When they open the GoToWebinar app, the screen reader just announces a
> window, nothing else. They cannot interact with it, not even get any
> information about what was going on.”

> I have to use this platform next week, is it still inaccessible?

> Thanks Heather

> Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL:  akp@...
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Ann Parsons

Morning all,

Heather, what browser are you using? What version of Jaws?

I just tried this site with Jaws16 and Win7. I used Google Chrome as the browser. I could read the main page very well. I didn't log in, but I was able to see all links. Now, I didn't try it in Win10 with the latest version of Jaws. When did you start getting the blank screens? Was it before or after you logged in. Somebody needs to test this more thoroughly. I suspect that it probably *does* work with Jaws but it needs some tweaking. Works with System Access. I'd try Google Chrome I didn't try NVDA, but that might be an option as well. Caveat, I repeat, I didn't log in, so all I saw was the main page. If you're trying to access this thing with MSIE, you probably won't get the best results as MSIE is legacy software. I like Chrome. I don't care for Edge, and although I can use FF, I prefer Google Chrome because it works with most things.

It should work with Jaws, if it truly doesn't, once you log in, then they need to fix it.

One thing I have noticed over the years is that it is always a good idea to have more than one screen reader and more than one browser on your system. There are differences in browsers and in screen readers, and one short-changes oneself if one sticks to just one screen reader or one browser. Does the site work with a braille display?

Ann P.

[...]

Hello, I can read the site and I cant log in till the event on august 26. I am using windows10 latest with jaws 2021 latest. I use the brave browser off the pc and I have all 3 screen readers: narrator, NVDA and jaws. I am mainly a NVDA/JAWS user but, I have used narrator just in case I have to use it I can do so if I need too. I do have voice over with safari too. I was hoping they had a test room just to see if it will work like zoom does. I did not see one, maybe I missed it? I thought I saw a message about someone using it off their phone, I can not find that message. Was it an iPhone and was it recently. Thanks everyone for all the help. I mainly use zoom and I can get the jaws webinars and I thought this would be the same. I also use Microsoft teams and Skype. I still think the zoom platform by far is the most accessible; not that the others are not accessible but zoom is the one I like the best.

Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows

Heather, what browser are you using?  What version of Jaws?

I just tried this site with Jaws16 and Win7.  I used Google Chrome as

the browser.  I could read the main page very well.  I didn't log in,

but I was able to see all links.  Now, I didn't try it in Win10 with

the latest version of Jaws.  When did you start getting the blank

screens?   Was it before or after you logged in.  Somebody needs to

test this more thoroughly.  I suspect that it probably *does* work with

Jaws but it needs some tweaking.  Works with System Access.  I'd try

Google Chrome I didn't try NVDA, but that might be an option as well.

Caveat, I repeat, I didn't log in, so all I saw was the main page.  If

you're trying to access this thing with MSIE, you probably won't get

the best results as MSIE is legacy software.  I like Chrome.  I don't

care for Edge, and although I can use FF, I prefer Google Chrome

because it works with most things.

It should work with Jaws, if it truly doesn't, once you log in, then

they need to fix it.

One thing I have noticed over the years is that it is always a good

idea to have more than one screen reader and more than one browser on

your system.  There are differences in browsers and in screen readers,

and one short-changes oneself if one sticks to just one screen reader

or one browser.  Does the site work with a braille display?

Ann P.

> All the message said that was sent to me was this, “Good morning, Ms. Albright,

> We have received a response from our Accessibility Coordinator

> informing us that unfortunately, GoToWebinar does not work with JAWS.

> Here is the site, I had to search it from the message:

> https://www.goto.com/webinar

> It is the platform that I have to do training in.

> Thanks Heather

> Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows

Wow, that's a kicker! Wonder if the sys-admin or the professor would be willing to test it with you. If not, all I can say is good luck!

Ann P.