Recycle bin all mixed up

Mike B.

Still sounds like your view settings need to be set the way you want them.  For example is says that the grouping is in details  view, but you want the grouping to be set to, None.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.
Just once, I want a username and password prompt to say:  "Close Enough!"

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2021 11:50 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Recycle bin all mixed up

Thanks   Mike.  But this didn’t work for me.

What I get when I open the recycle bin on the desk top is

Recycle Bin window

Items view list

Original location, split button collapsed

Sorted ascending

Status bar

View modes grouping details radial button checked,

Displays information about each item in the window

Control, Shift plus 6

Up to desk top, alt plus up arrow

Address  Recycle bin tool bar All locations

Split button

Search edit box edit search window

Tree view quick access Level 2  1 of 2   

I know I must have made some mistake but I can’t figure out how  to get back my regular recycle bin.  Any more suggestions?

Marilyn

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2021 11:55 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Hi Marilyn,

You need to reset your View, Sort by and Group by settings while in the Recycle Bin folder.  Try the following:

1. Open the Recycle Bin folder and make sure nothing is selected.

2. Open the context menu by pressing your applications key or the keystroke, Shift + F10.

3. Down arrow to the, Group by submenu, and press enter or press the right arrow to open, navigate to, None, and press enter.
Note:  Pressing enter will choose the None option and take you out of the context menu.

4. Again make sure nothing is selected, open the context menu, and on the, View submenu, open it and press enter on, List.
Note:  Pressing enter will choose the List option and take you out of the context menu.

5. Again make sure nothing is selected, open the context menu, navigate to the, Sort by submenu, open it, and press enter on, Name.  You might have to go back into the, Context / Sort by, menu and make sure, Ascending, is checked as well.

You should now be done.

To: TECHTALK

Sent: Sunday, August 29, 2021 6:23 PM

Subject: [TechTalk] Recycle bin all mixed up

What do I do to get my regular experience back when I press the recycle icon on my desktop?  I used to have a very simple list of BARD books or other things that were deleted.  Now, I get a mush of things I don’t really understand.  What happened and how do I go back to what I want?  Thanks.  Marilyn

Marilyn and Don Bilderback

Thanks   Mike.  But this didn’t work for me.

What I get when I open the recycle bin on the desk top is

Recycle Bin window

Items view list

Original location, split button collapsed

Sorted ascending

Status bar

View modes grouping details radial button checked,

Displays information about each item in the window

Control, Shift plus 6

Up to desk top, alt plus up arrow

Address  Recycle bin tool bar All locations

Split button

Search edit box edit search window

Tree view quick access Level 2  1 of 2   

I know I must have made some mistake but I can’t figure out how  to get back my regular recycle bin.  Any more suggestions?

Marilyn

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2021 11:55 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Hi Marilyn,

You need to reset your View, Sort by and Group by settings while in the Recycle Bin folder.  Try the following:

2. Open the context menu by pressing your applications key or the keystroke, Shift + F10.

3. Down arrow to the, Group by submenu, and press enter or press the right arrow to open, navigate to, None, and press enter.
Note:  Pressing enter will choose the None option and take you out of the context menu.

4. Again make sure nothing is selected, open the context menu, and on the, View submenu, open it and press enter on, List.
Note:  Pressing enter will choose the List option and take you out of the context menu.

5. Again make sure nothing is selected, open the context menu, navigate to the, Sort by submenu, open it, and press enter on, Name.  You might have to go back into the, Context / Sort by, menu and make sure, Ascending, is checked as well.

You should now be done.

What do I do to get my regular experience back when I press the recycle icon on my desktop?  I used to have a very simple list of BARD books or other things that were deleted.  Now, I get a mush of things I don’t really understand.  What happened and how do I go back to what I want?  Thanks.  Marilyn

Mike B.

Hi Marilyn,

You should now be done.

Marilyn and Don Bilderback