From: Jim Rawls
Sent: Sunday, January 21, 2018 10:56 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] having trouble with FileZilla.

Hi all, I apologize for the length of this email, but I’m at my wits end here.

I use FileZilla to send my show to the global voice web site. All of a sudden, it will not connect to the site so that I can upload my show. I see the file I wish to upload. And when a tab over, after selecting the file I wish to upload, I should see a message that says remote site. Instead, I see something that says, panel, zero items. So somehow I can’t connect tieh the globalvoice.info web site. If anyone uses FileZilla, can they give me any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Thanks for your help in advance. Jim

Jim Rawls

Hi, I get this message, cannot connect to server. And also, rotating address for the global voice. I started getting this yesterday. Jim

You are assuming it's your proboem.  It may be a temporary problem with the site itself.  When you try to connect, use your screen review, are you using JAWS? to look at the screen.  Start at the top and move down line by line.  You will likely see an error message at some point.  You may tell us what it says or you may contact someone who provides support for the server The Global Voice uses.

Hi all, I apologize for the length of this email, but I’m at my wits end here.

I use FileZilla to send my show to the global voice web site. All of a sudden, it will not connect to the site so that I can upload my show. I see the file I wish to upload. And when a tab over, after selecting the file I wish to upload, I should see a message that says remote site. Instead, I see something that says, panel, zero items. So somehow I can’t connect tieh the globalvoice.info web site. If anyone uses FileZilla, can they give me any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Thanks for your help in advance. Jim

Gene

I don't know what rotating address means.  What is the address you are using?  I'm not asking for your username and password.  But if you can't connect to the server, that's even before you are asked for your user information.  If you give us the address, we can see if we can connect.

[...]

I just went to the global voice home page with Firefox and had no trouble logging in.  I assume the address you are using is an ftp address but at least we know the server is up.  It would still be useful to see if another person can log in.  I suspect you may have to contact support at the global voice.

I didn't find a support link on the home page.  There is a link to contact the station management for information about getting your own program.  That may be a good place to inquire.

[...]

Gene, the only address I have to use is, theglobalvoice.info.. Jim

[...]

Steve Matzura

It isn't. How do I know? I run that site. Everything's fine there.

On 1/21/2018 12:14 PM, Gene wrote:
[...]

I can connect with the server but the last message before a disconnected message says waiting for welcome message.  What do you see in the information starting from the top of the screen?  Do you see waiting for welcome message and then see disconnected from server?  If that is what you see, you don't even get to the point where you can log in.  The welcome message is the first thing sent by the server.  That means there is something wrong with the server.

[...]

I just saw a message from Steve saying the site is working properly.  I tried connecting to the site with Firefox using ftp:// and then the address.  I was able to connect.  With FileZilla, I tried to connect with just the address and I couldn't connect as I described.  So you may need to talk with Steve to resolve the problem.  This shouldn't be a problem with FileZilla, meaning that it isn't working properly.  but you may have to provide more information when trying to connect.  I'll leave the discussion to develop, as it probably will between you and Steve.

[...]

Nothing wrong anywhere with anything. I do not use standard FTP, which is why things act a bit odd. This is by design. I use ssh over FTP.

On 1/21/2018 2:36 PM, Gene wrote:
[...]

Steve and I have corresponded, and all is well. Thank you kind sir for your help. Smile. Jim