talking thermostat batteries

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

Hi,

To anyone who owns one of these, how long does the battery last?

I’ve had my thermostat, for about two and a half years now I think?

I can’t remember if I purchased a new thermostat when I bought my house, or if I brought it over from the old house.

The reason why I ask is because I have it on a schedule, and it’s not changing when the time comes. I noticed, a couple of moments ago, I checked the program button, it said it was on, so one would think the schedule would work, I turned it off and back on, and it worked.

Any thoughts is appreciated, always.

Thank you.

Marda

What kind of talking thermostat do you have?  Mine is a v i p talking thermostat and it reminds me when its batteries are getting low.  If I press a button, like to change it from heat to cool or to change the temperature setting, it gives me a talking message that says the batteries are getting low.  I don't know what other brands of talking thermostats do. hth

Marda

On 11/2/2021 12:21 AM, Kimsan via groups.io wrote:

Hi,

To anyone who owns one of these, how long does the battery last?

I’ve had my thermostat, for about two and a half years now I think?

I can’t remember if I purchased a new thermostat when I bought my house, or if I brought it over from the old house.

The reason why I ask is because I have it on a schedule, and it’s not changing when the time comes. I noticed, a couple of moments ago, I checked the program button, it said it was on, so one would think the schedule would work, I turned it off and back on, and it worked.

Any thoughts is appreciated, always.

Thank you.

Kay Malmquist

If you press the speech button, it will tell you intermittently that the batteries need to be changed.  Depending on how much you use it, the thermostat batteries can last a couple of years.  I would have a look at them because I had one leak even though the thermostat was still working.  It had told me a couple of times that the batteries needed to be changed.  There was no damage and I cleaned it with baking soda and a tiny bit of water and it is still doing just fine.

Kay Malmquist
kay.malmquist@...

We are told to let our light shine, and if it does, we won't need to tell anybody it does. Light houses don't fire cannons to call attention to their shining - just shine.
Dwight L. Moody – 1837-1899, Evangelist and Publisher

To anyone who owns one of these, how long does the battery last?

I’ve had my thermostat, for about two and a half years now I think?

I can’t remember if I purchased a new thermostat when I bought my house, or if I brought it over from the old house.

The reason why I ask is because I have it on a schedule, and it’s not changing when the time comes. I noticed, a couple of moments ago, I checked the program button, it said it was on, so one would think the schedule would work, I turned it off and back on, and it worked.

Any thoughts is appreciated, always.

Thank you.

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

Last night after I sent that message, I pushed the speech button and indeed, it’s almost time for a new battery.