From: Keith S
Sent: Monday, November 08, 2021 3:28 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] good youtube to .mp3 download program?

Anyone have a good program to download youtube audio with?  Not really interested if the program is capable  of downloading video.

Thanks

using pontz media downloader but the program will no longer update, says it cannot find the update files online, please try back later.

Thanks

Keith

Howard Traxler

I didn't know one could download from YouTube.  I've just been recording the stream as I listen to it.  I'd like to know the download procedure.

Howard

On 11/8/2021 3:38 AM, Gene wrote:

Does Pontes no longer work or are downloads slow?  If slow, that’s because Youtube is throttling download speeds..

Anyone have a good program to download youtube audio with?  Not really interested if the program is capable  of downloading video.

Thanks

using pontz media downloader but the program will no longer update, says it cannot find the update files online, please try back later.

Thanks

Keith

Jacob

I use 4k Video Downloader from https://www.4kdownload.com/

It handles both audio and video. They also have 4k YouTube To Mp3 if you only want the audio option. Simply copy/paste the link in to the program window.

OZ0TE Jacob

Anyone have a good program to download youtube audio with?  Not really interested if the program is capable  of downloading video.

Thanks

using pontz media downloader but the program will no longer update, says it cannot find the update files online, please try back later.

Thanks

Keith

Keith S

after having the address of the URL in my clip board, pontz usually auto loads it into it's program.  after about 40 seconds, it will say "ready to download".  Pontz is now saying "cannot download and then the URL of the youtube link.

Keith

Does Pontes no longer work or are downloads slow?  If slow, that’s because Youtube is throttling download speeds..

Anyone have a good program to download youtube audio with?  Not really interested if the program is capable  of downloading video.

Thanks

using pontz media downloader but the program will no longer update, says it cannot find the update files online, please try back later.

Thanks

Keith

Gene

We’ll see if others have problems using that program.  I haven’t used it for a number of days and if this is a very recent problem, I wouldn’t have encountered it.

after having the address of the URL in my clip board, pontz usually auto loads it into it's program.  after about 40 seconds, it will say "ready to download".  Pontz is now saying "cannot download and then the URL of the youtube link.

Keith
Does Pontes no longer work or are downloads slow?  If slow, that’s because Youtube is throttling download speeds..

Anyone have a good program to download youtube audio with?  Not really interested if the program is capable  of downloading video.

Thanks

using pontz media downloader but the program will no longer update, says it cannot find the update files online, please try back later.

Thanks

Keith

heather albright

Are all the definitions up to date? Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows

[...]

I don’t know what you mean by definitions.  This is a downloading program and unless Youtube has done something to block downloads in the last few days, nothing should need to be updated.  If Youtube has blocked downloads, it may require that the download engine be updated and there may be no update yet.

Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2021 10:38 AM

[...]

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

As we speak, I am downloading a bunch of Christmas stuff with no problems using Pontes Media downloader.

Try the usual things if you haven't already:
Update the download engine with control + U,
install it manually if that doesn't work from youtube-dl.org and put it in the engine folder under the Pontes tools\pontes media downloader folder structure.
If that still doesn't work, then under the Pontes download menu, stop all current downloads and then clear all downloads from the program and restart the program and try again.

--
Signature:

-

That app uses youtube-dl to download, it is open source software usually used alone at a command line. Youtube is throttling requests from
it. Youtube-dl has not been updated for months and some think it has been abandoned

On Tue, 9 Nov 2021, Gene wrote:

[...]

XR

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

The website says that the last update was June 6, 2021.  While that is not yesterday, it's not last century either. I am still getting the program to work following the steps I mentioned in numerous posts to this and other lists--which people must be ignoring--since they keep asking the same questions over and over again.

On Tue, 9 Nov 2021, Gene wrote:

[...]

I wouldn’t assume that.  There may be some sort of other problem.  After all, if you get it to work, others shouldn’t suddenly be developing problems.  perhaps Youtube is implementing some sort of attempt to block downloads and perhaps, for reasons we don’t know, some locations are affected and others not.

If the engine needs updating then everyone would be expected to have to do so if whatever the problem is affects everyone.  As far as I know, no update is available but some people are reporting problems and others aren’t.

Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2021 9:34 PM

--
Signature:
For a nation to claim it has always been great, needs no improvement  and to cling to its past achievements is no virtue!

George McCoy

Speaking to Gene's point about June being a short update cycle; There was a cat-and-mouse game going on between youtube and youtube-dl, the "engine" for the Media Downloader. Youtube would throttle them and youtube-dl would counter. Updates were regularly only about two or three weeks apart.

My guess is that the youtube-dl people got outlawyered by youtube.

On Tue, 9 Nov 2021, Gene wrote:

[...]

I've tried to update the definitions and it tells me that the updates could not be found.

Keith

[...]

Hi George,

On the website itself, the youtube.dl folks say that they have reestablished the download site at bithub and that everything is back to normal. So unless all the developers have suddenly disappeared or been jailed, I wouldn't think that the issue is legal.

On Tue, 9 Nov 2021, Gene wrote:

[...]

What do you folks mean by definitions? Pontes is not a screen reader it's a download utility/converter.

On 11/10/2021 12:04 AM, Keith S wrote:

[...]

Hi

There is a command line program called youtube-dl, and I've rwitten a small interface for it. You could give a try by downloading from https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p_yb6mRTqtsaprgwOnj-DzReqOi1e6GW/view?usp=sharing

The readme file has not been translated into English, but I think the interface is understandable.

Hope that helps.

Cuong

On 11/8/2021 4:28 PM, Keith S wrote:

Anyone have a good program to download youtube audio with?  Not really interested if the program is capable  of downloading video.

Thanks

using pontz media downloader but the program will no longer update, says it cannot find the update files online, please try back later.

Thanks

Keith

George McCoy

That notice has been up for months.