sending messages on iphone s e

Monte Single

Hi List,

I posted this to the “phones for the blind”  and thought I would try here also.OK,

Last week I switched from the iphone 7 to the new SE.

I just tried sending a message using dictation.

Siri read the message back to me and asked if I wanted to send it.

I said yes.

Then siri said I would have to use the ap.

What ap.  What’[s wrong.

This worked fine on my 7.

I know ios 15.02 is on the new phone,  could this be mucking up my life?

Not cheering yet,

-

Howdy Monte,

Check in the, Settings / Messages app, and make sure Siri and all other settings related to sending text messages are turned on.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2021 11:15 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] sending messages on iphone s e

Hi List,

I posted this to the “phones for the blind”  and thought I would try here also.OK,

I said yes.

What ap.  What’[s wrong.

Not cheering yet,

Marda

On 12/1/2021 1:15 AM, Monte Single wrote:

Hi List,

When ios 215 came out there were changes to siri.  The ones I know about affect email and voicemaiol.  The voicemail still can't be done using siri anymore.  I think but am not sure that they fixed at least some of the email issues.  Messages used to be all right but I haven't updated to 15 so haven't tried sending messages with 15 but it's quite possible that with the latest update to 15.01.1 or whatever the latest is that siri is again affected.  When someone wrote to apple asking what was going on they said they made updates to improve siri and other things on the phone and what actually happened was that they took away some pretty important siri features that affected not only ios 15 but ios 14 as well.  I think it was extremely thoughtless of them to have gone through with the updates while it took important accessibility features away from siri just because it improved things in some other areas.  They say they will fix the voicemail features but not till future updates.  So I don't know if the message feature is faring similarly and will need to be fixed in a future update or if it is a quirky one time thing that there is a workaround for.  I will be interested to see how others answer.

Marda

I said yes.

What ap.  What’[s wrong.

Not cheering yet,

Holly

Monte:

I have a SE    2020, and the latest update, 15.1.  I have not experienced this issue.

When Siri says that you need to use the app, I imagine she means the messages app.  If you open the messages app, you can dictate the text from there.

I prefer using the messages app, as Siri is not very reliable when dictating a message.  In the messages app, you can edit your message if there is a problem with dictation.

Monte Single

Hi Holly,

Dennis on another list suggested I restart the phone. It worked,  I sent him the prize of thanks.

Cheers,

Mont

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Holly
Sent: December 1, 2021 10:07 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] sending messages on iphone s e

Monte:

I have a SE    2020, and the latest update, 15.1.  I have not experienced this issue.

When Siri says that you need to use the app, I imagine she means the messages app.  If you open the messages app, you can dictate the text from there.

I prefer using the messages app, as Siri is not very reliable when dictating a message.  In the messages app, you can edit your message if there is a problem with dictation.

Holly

Monte:

Glad all is working for you.  I love my SE

Monte Single

It is definitely all the phone I need.

First thing I did was to slip the silicone case off  my I phone 7  aand onto the SE; perfect fit.

I was going to go for a plastic screen protector,   but the “wonderful”  dealer I was at sold me a glass one because “they didn’t have  any plastic ones”.

Score 1 for the grinders.

Sent: December 1, 2021 12:43 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io; 0holly feyk <feyk7@...>

Monte:

Glad all is working for you.  I love my SE

Holly

Monte:

Are you sure your old case does not partially cover the camera lens?  My old iPhone 7 case was the right size, but the camera lens opening wasn’t quite big enough.

I did get the same case that fits the SE on Amazon for $12 U.S.  It has a nice texture, so easy to grip, and a pop out stand on the back.

Carolyn Arnold

I want only glass screen protectors, so glad you got one, hope you like it.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Monte Single
Sent: Wednesday, December 1, 2021 1:49 PM

It is definitely all the phone I need.

First thing I did was to slip the silicone case off my I phone 7 aand onto the SE; perfect fit.

I was going to go for a plastic screen protector, but the “wonderful” dealer I was at sold me a glass one because “they didn’t have any plastic ones”.

Score 1 for the grinders.

Sent: December 1, 2021 12:43 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io; 0holly feyk <feyk7@comcast.net>

Monte:

Glad all is working for you. I love my SE

Monte Single

Hi Holly,

When I feel the camera   on the back of the I phone SE, I can feel the edge of the whole circumference of the camera,  so I do not believe it is being obstgructed by the old case.

Sent: December 1, 2021 1:02 PM

Monte:

Are you sure your old case does not partially cover the camera lens?  My old iPhone 7 case was the right size, but the camera lens opening wasn’t quite big enough.

I did get the same case that fits the SE on Amazon for $12 U.S.  It has a nice texture, so easy to grip, and a pop out stand on the back.