computer time changing to wrong time

Loy

No, it changed to a different time zone.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, December 12, 2021 11:24 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] computer time changing to wrong time

Hi Loy,

When the time changed, did it change to the same time / time zone each time?  If so, I would think that the time zone needs to be changed in, Date & Time, or in the, Region, apps / folders of the control panel.  I'm speaking of settings for Windows 10, so if you're running Windows 11 I don't know if these setting options are available to you, or if they're named differently.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.
Just once, I want a username and password prompt to say:  "Close Enough!"

Sent: Sunday, December 12, 2021 7:07 PM

I have NVDA installed, just as a backup . Don't know if I have the clock. JAWS is my main Screen reader.
Sent: Sunday, December 12, 2021 8:57 PM

Hi Loy,

Are you using NVDA with the Clock Addon by any chance?

Cheers

Sam

On 13/12/2021 11:56 am, Loy wrote:
Today my computer has changed time twice to incorrect time zone. My time setting is set to  set time automatically. What could cause this?.

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Loy,

When the time changed, did it change to the same time / time zone each time?  If so, I would think that the time zone needs to be changed in, Date & Time, or in the, Region, apps / folders of the control panel.  I'm speaking of settings for Windows 10, so if you're running Windows 11 I don't know if these setting options are available to you, or if they're named differently.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.
Just once, I want a username and password prompt to say:  "Close Enough!"

Sent: Sunday, December 12, 2021 7:07 PM

I have NVDA installed, just as a backup . Don't know if I have the clock. JAWS is my main Screen reader.

Hi Loy,

Cheers

Sam

Today my computer has changed time twice to incorrect time zone. My time setting is set to  set time automatically. What could cause this?.

Sam Taylor <sjt1982@...>

The NVDA Clock Addon has an unfortunate habit of reporting the wrong time or time zone if one has been in another location, or if the time zone has been different, and I've not worked out why.

Source: personal experience.

But if NVDA is not being used, then no, this isn't the issue.

On 13/12/2021 1:24 pm, Gene wrote:
If NVDA wasn’t running, no add-ons were running.  Any time changes when NVDA wasn’t running had nothing to do with the clock add-on.  If you don’t know if you have the clock add-on, its unlikely that you do.  You can see if it is in the list of your add-ons.  If you don’t know how to check, I or someone will tell you.

My guess is that your time zone somehow was changed and your computer is trying to set the time to the time zone you have set.  I don’t have Windows 10 and I won’t tell you how to check the time zone.  If you don’t know how, ask and people will tell you.

As for the clock add-on, if it is the one I have, where you can set an alarm and tell NVDA how to announce the time when you use NVDA key f12, I see no reason for that add—on to change the time since it has nothing to do with clock time settings. 

Gene
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, December 12, 2021 9:07 PM

Hi Loy,

Cheers

Sam

Gene

If NVDA wasn’t running, no add-ons were running.  Any time changes when NVDA wasn’t running had nothing to do with the clock add-on.  If you don’t know if you have the clock add-on, its unlikely that you do.  You can see if it is in the list of your add-ons.  If you don’t know how to check, I or someone will tell you.

My guess is that your time zone somehow was changed and your computer is trying to set the time to the time zone you have set.  I don’t have Windows 10 and I won’t tell you how to check the time zone.  If you don’t know how, ask and people will tell you.

As for the clock add-on, if it is the one I have, where you can set an alarm and tell NVDA how to announce the time when you use NVDA key f12, I see no reason for that add—on to change the time since it has nothing to do with clock time settings. 

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, December 12, 2021 9:07 PM

Hi Loy,

Cheers

Sam

Loy

Hi Loy,

Cheers

Sam

Sam Taylor <sjt1982@...>

Hi Loy,

Cheers

Sam

Loy