Groups. io digests

John Holcomb II

I’m thinking about going digest on groups.io for all of them.

I get so many messages  this way, and maybe it’d be easier to  peruse them.

Has anyone done this?

If so, how does it work.

Does it put all of the messages from one thread in  one area?

Would it make going thru mails easier possibly?

And then let’s say I wan to respond to a  particular subject. How would I go about this?

Thanks,

John

Carolyn Arnold

I tried it, did not care for it.

I'm thinking about going digest on groups.io for all of
them.
I get so many messages this way, and maybe it'd be easier
to peruse them.

Has anyone done this?
If so, how does it work.
Does it put all of the messages from one thread in one
area?
Would it make going thru mails easier possibly?
And then let's say I wan to respond to a particular
subject. How would I go about this?
Thanks,
John

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

What confused me for the 10 minutes I tried using it was how would I respond
to one of the emails in the digest.

I see that someone is cross posting, uh oh. Lol.
Kimsan Song
Kimsansong@...

I'm thinking about going digest on groups.io for all of them.
I get so many messages this way, and maybe it'd be easier to peruse them.

Has anyone done this?
If so, how does it work.
Does it put all of the messages from one thread in one area?
Would it make going thru mails easier possibly?
And then let's say I wan to respond to a particular subject. How would I go
about this?
Thanks,
John

Gene

I haven’t used the digest.  But how is it superior to viewing messages by conversation?  Is it superior in any ways?

I'm thinking about going digest on groups.io for all of them.
I get so many messages  this way, and maybe it'd be easier to  peruse them.

Has anyone done this?
If so, how does it work.
Does it put all of the messages from one thread in  one area?
Would it make going thru mails easier possibly?
And then let's say I wan to respond to a  particular subject. How would I go
about this?
Thanks,
John

John Holcomb II

The problem is that conversations get spread out.

Is ther a way to only maybe have the first message of a thread come in, and if you wanna see the rest you could do that in the browser?

I thought someone talked of this.

John

I haven’t used the digest.  But how is it superior to viewing messages by conversation?  Is it superior in any ways?

I'm thinking about going digest on groups.io for all of them.
I get so many messages  this way, and maybe it'd be easier to  peruse them.

Has anyone done this?
If so, how does it work.
Does it put all of the messages from one thread in  one area?
Would it make going thru mails easier possibly?
And then let's say I wan to respond to a  particular subject. How would I go
about this?
Thanks,
John

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

If I remember correctly, since it’s been years since I’ve used a digest, all the emails are in a list I think, but you cannot respond to an individual email.

Again, I could be way wrong, as I only used it once for 10 minutes.

Also, way different than conversation view.

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@...

I haven’t used the digest.  But how is it superior to viewing messages by conversation?  Is it superior in any ways?

I'm thinking about going digest on groups.io for all of them.
I get so many messages  this way, and maybe it'd be easier to  peruse them.

Has anyone done this?
If so, how does it work.
Does it put all of the messages from one thread in  one area?
Would it make going thru mails easier possibly?
And then let's say I wan to respond to a  particular subject. How would I go
about this?
Thanks,
John

Gene

As I recall, there is a way to do that.  I’d have to check.

What do you mean about conversations getting spread out?

I haven’t used the digest.  But how is it superior to viewing messages by conversation?  Is it superior in any ways?

I'm thinking about going digest on groups.io for all of them.
I get so many messages  this way, and maybe it'd be easier to  peruse them.

Has anyone done this?
If so, how does it work.
Does it put all of the messages from one thread in  one area?
Would it make going thru mails easier possibly?
And then let's say I wan to respond to a  particular subject. How would I go
about this?
Thanks,
John

Gene

Did you set up your account?  I just looked at my subscription information.  There is nothing such as you describe.  There are two digest options.  I haven’t used a digest so I don’t know how convenient they are.  Here is how the options are described.  I haven’t looked up more information.

Full Featured Digest
Receive up to 12 messages grouped together in one email instead of receiving each message individually (rich text formatting).

Plain Digest
Receive up to 12 messages grouped together in one email instead of receiving each message individually (plain text formatting).

Also, there is another option I don’t know if you might be interested in.  Here is the description.
Daily Summary
Receive one email every morning that contains only a list of the topics posted to the group the previous day.

I haven’t used the digest.  But how is it superior to viewing messages by conversation?  Is it superior in any ways?

I'm thinking about going digest on groups.io for all of them.
I get so many messages  this way, and maybe it'd be easier to  peruse them.

Has anyone done this?
If so, how does it work.
Does it put all of the messages from one thread in  one area?
Would it make going thru mails easier possibly?
And then let's say I wan to respond to a  particular subject. How would I go
about this?
Thanks,
John

Gene

I was wrong.  The setting you want is available in advanced settings.  Here is the information.  After I present it, I’ll provide a link to the Groups.io users’ manual.  This is a link to the manual as a single page.  There is a PDF version but unless someone specifically wants it, I’ll provide just the single page option.

You receive the first message of each new topic, regardless of the fact that you have not yet followed that topic. This setting helps you to manage the amount of email you receive from a very active group. It allows you to know that a given topic has been posted so you can then decide whether to follow any additional messages in that topic.

I haven’t used the digest.  But how is it superior to viewing messages by conversation?  Is it superior in any ways?

I'm thinking about going digest on groups.io for all of them.
I get so many messages  this way, and maybe it'd be easier to  peruse them.

Has anyone done this?
If so, how does it work.
Does it put all of the messages from one thread in  one area?
Would it make going thru mails easier possibly?
And then let's say I wan to respond to a  particular subject. How would I go
about this?
Thanks,
John

Carolyn Arnold

That sounds right, Kimsan. Your experience evidently matches mine.

Kimsansong@... <mailto:Kimsansong@...>

I'm thinking about going digest on groups.io for all of them.
I get so many messages this way, and maybe it'd be easier to peruse them.

Has anyone done this?
If so, how does it work.
Does it put all of the messages from one thread in one area?
Would it make going thru mails easier possibly?
And then let's say I wan to respond to a particular subject. How would I go about this?
Thanks,
John

John Holcomb II

Ike when a subject line gets changed because someone corrects a spelling in the subject  line.

As I recall, there is a way to do that.  I’d have to check.

What do you mean about conversations getting spread out?

I haven’t used the digest.  But how is it superior to viewing messages by conversation?  Is it superior in any ways?

I'm thinking about going digest on groups.io for all of them.
I get so many messages  this way, and maybe it'd be easier to  peruse them.

Has anyone done this?
If so, how does it work.
Does it put all of the messages from one thread in  one area?
Would it make going thru mails easier possibly?
And then let's say I wan to respond to a  particular subject. How would I go
about this?
Thanks,
John

John Holcomb II

Yes I’ve had an account for a while now.

Daily summerry sounds the most useful .

At leat I’m thinking about giving it a try.

This way I get a lot less traffic and I can look at the topics that interest me and be on more mailing lists.

John

I haven’t used the digest.  But how is it superior to viewing messages by conversation?  Is it superior in any ways?

I'm thinking about going digest on groups.io for all of them.
I get so many messages  this way, and maybe it'd be easier to  peruse them.

Has anyone done this?
If so, how does it work.
Does it put all of the messages from one thread in  one area?
Would it make going thru mails easier possibly?
And then let's say I wan to respond to a  particular subject. How would I go
about this?
Thanks,
John

John Holcomb II

That might better yet.

I’m on a few active groups.

Its I insane the amount of traffic I get.

John