looking for recommendation

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

Hi,

I hope this will be on topic. I assume it is because we’ve spoken about vacuum cleaners before.

I’d like to ask about coffee makers.

A family member got me a coffee maker for Christmas; however, I cannot independently use it. I know the basic, but since it doesn’t make coffee as quickly as a curiq, I cannot set it to start bruing independently. What I mean is if I’d like to have my coffee start bruing at 5:30 in the morning, I cannot set it by myself.

I will need sighted assistance.

So, I’d like to ask if there are talking or voice activated coffee makers?

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@...

Carolyn Arnold

I think, Kimsan, you can get a talking connecter from
Maxi-Aids, where you can plug your coffee maker into it and
set it so that the coffee maker will start when you want it
to.

I wouldn't trade my Keurig for anything.

I hope this will be on topic. I assume it is because we've
spoken about vacuum cleaners before.

I'd like to ask about coffee makers.

A family member got me a coffee maker for Christmas;
however, I cannot independently use it. I know the basic,
but since it doesn't make coffee as quickly as a curiq, I
cannot set it to start bruing independently. What I mean is
if I'd like to have my coffee start bruing at 5:30 in the
morning, I cannot set it by myself.

I will need sighted assistance.

So, I'd like to ask if there are talking or voice activated
coffee makers?

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@...

William Vandervest

Check out this link, there a few.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=voice+activated+coffee+maker&i=garden&crid=3RLTOH
ABOIR90&sprefix=voice%2520activated%2520coffee%2520maker%2Cgarden%2C97&ref=n
b_sb_noss

William Vandervest
timelord09@...
Win10 latest revision

There are none so blind, as those who will not see.

William Vandervest

I hope this will be on topic. I assume it is because we've
spoken about vacuum cleaners before.

I'd like to ask about coffee makers.

A family member got me a coffee maker for Christmas;
however, I cannot independently use it. I know the basic,
but since it doesn't make coffee as quickly as a curiq, I
cannot set it to start bruing independently. What I mean is
if I'd like to have my coffee start bruing at 5:30 in the
morning, I cannot set it by myself.

I will need sighted assistance.

So, I'd like to ask if there are talking or voice activated
coffee makers?

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@...

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

Thanks, William.
I will sort through these today and hopefully pick one out.

Kimsan Song
Kimsansong@...

I hope this will be on topic. I assume it is because we've spoken about
vacuum cleaners before.

I'd like to ask about coffee makers.

A family member got me a coffee maker for Christmas; however, I cannot
independently use it. I know the basic, but since it doesn't make coffee as
quickly as a curiq, I cannot set it to start bruing independently. What I
mean is if I'd like to have my coffee start bruing at 5:30 in the morning, I
cannot set it by myself.

I will need sighted assistance.

So, I'd like to ask if there are talking or voice activated coffee makers?

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@...

Pablo Morales

I am not sure how works your coffee maker. However, I will talk about
something used in my daily life.
We have a WiFi plug that turns on through Alexa.
My wife use some of them for things like the Christmas tree or decorations
for Christmas. If your coffee maker just requires to turn a switch on to
starts to work. Please try the following to see if the Alexa idea works.
Prepare your coffee maker and unplug it.
Being unplugged , turn the switch on.
Then plug the coffee maker. Please make sure to have your hands dry before
trying to plug the coffee maker.
If the coffee maker starts to work. The wifi plug will work just fine.
Through Alexa, you can ask to this girl to turn it on a specific time or you
can make it works at what ever time. The good thing is that you can turn the
switch on or off following a schedule or just by asking this girl.
For example, you can call the wifi plug coffee maker and ask Alexa to turn
on the coffee maker at 5:30am or at what ever time you want. Alexa will not
turn on your coffee maker, it will turn on the wifi plug called Coffee
maker.
If one day you wake up earlier, you can ask Alexa to turn on the Coffee
maker, and it will turn on your coffee maker following your command and not
the Alexa calendar.
The price of these smart plugs are on a average of 28 dollars. According
with the todays prices. However, we purchased ours for $19 or $15 not too
long ago. Maybe there are some for a cheaper price, but it is what I found
on Amazon.

Maybe prices go down after the holidays.

I hope this will be on topic. I assume it is because we've spoken about
vacuum cleaners before.

I'd like to ask about coffee makers.

A family member got me a coffee maker for Christmas; however, I cannot
independently use it. I know the basic, but since it doesn't make coffee as
quickly as a curiq, I cannot set it to start bruing independently. What I
mean is if I'd like to have my coffee start bruing at 5:30 in the morning, I
cannot set it by myself.

I will need sighted assistance.

So, I'd like to ask if there are talking or voice activated coffee makers?

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@...

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

I'm not to smart with all this alexa stuff when it comes to turning on
lights etc.
Do I need a wifi plug?
I'll try your suggestion after I send this email.
I just need to get the coffee ready, and push start.
Actually, it's not a switch, it's a button. Does that make a difference?

Kimsan Song
Kimsansong@...

I hope this will be on topic. I assume it is because we've spoken about
vacuum cleaners before.

I'd like to ask about coffee makers.

A family member got me a coffee maker for Christmas; however, I cannot
independently use it. I know the basic, but since it doesn't make coffee as
quickly as a curiq, I cannot set it to start bruing independently. What I
mean is if I'd like to have my coffee start bruing at 5:30 in the morning, I
cannot set it by myself.

I will need sighted assistance.

So, I'd like to ask if there are talking or voice activated coffee makers?

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@...

What you could try is getting a Kasa smart plug which has two outlets in it and you can label one of them coffee maker. You will then have to enable the Kasa smart skill and you can create a routine by using your wake word and then say when I say turn on coffee turn on my coffee maker.
Hope this helps,

Ashley Breger

On Dec 26, 2021, at 6:01 PM, Kimsan via groups.io <kimsansong@...> wrote:

[...]

John Holcomb II

No, it have to be an actual swich.
Or b a button that is say resessed to turn it on, pulled out to turn it off.
But it can't be a toggle button.
John

I hope this will be on topic. I assume it is because we've spoken about
vacuum cleaners before.

I'd like to ask about coffee makers.

A family member got me a coffee maker for Christmas; however, I cannot
independently use it. I know the basic, but since it doesn't make coffee as
quickly as a curiq, I cannot set it to start bruing independently. What I
mean is if I'd like to have my coffee start bruing at 5:30 in the morning, I
cannot set it by myself.

I will need sighted assistance.

So, I'd like to ask if there are talking or voice activated coffee makers?

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@...

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

Any recommendations for smart plugs that will work with siri?
I don't know how to shop for these things lol.

Kimsan Song
Kimsansong@...

I hope this will be on topic. I assume it is because we've spoken
about vacuum cleaners before.

I'd like to ask about coffee makers.

A family member got me a coffee maker for Christmas; however, I cannot
independently use it. I know the basic, but since it doesn't make
coffee as quickly as a curiq, I cannot set it to start bruing
independently. What I mean is if I'd like to have my coffee start
bruing at 5:30 in the morning, I cannot set it by myself.

I will need sighted assistance.

So, I'd like to ask if there are talking or voice activated coffee makers?

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@...

https://www.imore.com/these-smart-plugs-work-siri-and-apples-homekit Try the following link for some possible smart plug suggestions.

Ashley Breger