screen definition in pixels

Howard Traxler

Now ,the new screen definition is UHD (ultra high definition) which means there are 3840 x 2160 = 8,294,400 pixels in the screen.  It makes me wonder:

1.  How big is a pixel?  There must be different sizes, as they can put the same number on a 14-inch screen as onn a 49-inch screen.

2.  How are those pixels fastened in there?  Some special kind of glue that they hope won't let loose, I suppose?

3.  How tiny is the tool (hence the hands) that install all those pixels?  Mighty small fingers and (probably) treezers?

4.  What material is a pixel made of?  Is it just a glob of Mystery Magic Material (MMM from the Three M company) encapsulated in a clear plastic?  That would be small.

Inquiring minds, ya know.

Ideas?
Howard

Quentin Christensen

Interesting questions!

In short:
1) Yes they vary as you say - the higher definition your screen, the smaller each pixel and the more crammed into the same space.  This makes for a smoother looking image for those with the sight to see such things the closer in they look.  Here's an article with a bit more info: https://www.techopedia.com/definition/24012/pixel

2, 3, 4) Good questions and TBH not something I'd looked much into, but here's another article I found on it: https://www.forbes.com/sites/willyshih/2018/05/15/how-did-they-make-my-big-screen-tv/?sh=1736909b1003

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen