I phone six and adding a new contact

Donna

I was dictating got as far as the first and last name but when it go to the phone number seemed like it was not letting me dictate it is this just how it is or did I not tap on the right thing to allow me to dictate the number.
Donna Thanks for help..

Jessica Dail <jldail13@...>

Hi,
You can't dictate phone numbers.
To solve this problem, I recommend an app called "crocus contact."
It is accessible without voiceover.
I don't have it, but I might download it right now, just so I have it when I need it.

Sent from my iPad

Hi what does this allow you to do funny it let me dictate the name. DonnaAt 12:04 PM 4/13/2016, you wrote:

Hi,
You can't dictate phone numbers.
To solve this problem, I recommend an app called "crocus contact."
It is accessible without voiceover.
I don't have it, but I might download it right now, just so I have it when I need it.

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 13, 2016, at 2:56 PM, Donna <donnamarie1947@roadrunner.com> wrote:

I was dictating got as far as the first and last name but when it
go to the phone number seemed like it was not letting me dictate it is this just how it is or did I not tap on the right thing to allow me to dictate the number.
Donna Thanks for help..

Jessica Dail <jldail13@...>

Hi,
This app allows you to speak the first & last name for a new contact, as well as the phone number, then stores the contact in the contacts app.
It can't view already existing contacts.

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 13, 2016, at 3:20 PM, Donna <donnamarie1947@roadrunner.com> wrote:

Hi what does this allow you to do funny it let me dictate the name. DonnaAt 12:04 PM 4/13/2016, you wrote:
Hi,
You can't dictate phone numbers.
To solve this problem, I recommend an app called "crocus contact."
It is accessible without voiceover.
I don't have it, but I might download it right now, just so I have it when I need it.

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 13, 2016, at 2:56 PM, Donna <donnamarie1947@roadrunner.com> wrote:

I was dictating got as far as the first and last name but when it go to the phone number seemed like it was not letting me dictate it is this just how it is or did I not tap on the right thing to allow me to dictate the number.
Donna Thanks for help..

Carolyn Arnold

I never tried dictating a contact in iPhone, put the things in by hand -
really glad to have an LG now.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

wrote:

I was dictating got as far as the first and last name but when it
go to the phone number seemed like it was not letting me dictate it is
this just how it is or did I not tap on the right thing to allow me to
dictate the number.
Donna Thanks for help..

Matt

Yes this is something Apple needs to let Siri do for us is add a contact or
edit it or delete it. I in hope they let her do this one day!

Matt.from.florida@gmail.com

wrote:

I was dictating got as far as the first and last name but when it go to
the phone number seemed like it was not letting me dictate it is this just
how it is or did I not tap on the right thing to allow me to dictate the
number.
Donna Thanks for help..

Carolyn Arnold

That really would be good if they worked that out. It is hard to get the
letters right on that phone keyboard.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

wrote:

I was dictating got as far as the first and last name but when it
go to
the phone number seemed like it was not letting me dictate it is this
just how it is or did I not tap on the right thing to allow me to dictate
the number.
Donna Thanks for help..

Victor

I wish Siri would let us do everything by voice so we never have to
use the touch screen or a keyboard. Maybe someday.

wrote:

I was dictating got as far as the first and last name but when it
go to
the phone number seemed like it was not letting me dictate it is this
just how it is or did I not tap on the right thing to allow me to dictate
the number.
Donna Thanks for help..

Pauline

Try the following step, after you dictate the person's name.
Once you have added the last name, look for the add phone, and double tap on that.
Then, try and see if you can dictate the telephone number.

Pauline

wrote:

I was dictating got as far as the first and last name but when it
go to
the phone number seemed like it was not letting me dictate it is this
just how it is or did I not tap on the right thing to allow me to dictate
the number.
Donna Thanks for help..

Carolyn Arnold

Yes. I wished thatSiri would let us give voice commands for everything on the iPhone. It is annoying when you ask Siri something and get the reply, "here's what I found on the web for you."

Bye for now,

Carolyn

wrote:

I was dictating got as far as the first and last name but when it
go to
the phone number seemed like it was not letting me dictate it is this
just how it is or did I not tap on the right thing to allow me to
dictate the number.
Donna Thanks for help..

Carolyn Arnold

Where would you be to give the person's name, just hit Siri or get into the Contacts or what?

Bye for now,

Carolyn

wrote:

I was dictating got as far as the first and last name but when it
go to
the phone number seemed like it was not letting me dictate it is this
just how it is or did I not tap on the right thing to allow me to
dictate the number.
Donna Thanks for help..

Pauline

Hi Caroline,

Open contacts, and find the add a contact button.
If you move up from the home button, and just a bit to the left, you should find a dictate button.
If you wish to add your contact via dictation, double tap on the dictate button.
Speak the first name, move to the next field and then speak the last name, and move until you find the add phone button.
Double tap on that button.
Dictate the telephone number for the contact.

After you have moved through the various fields you wish to include for the contact, find the done button.

See if that will help just a bit.

Pauline

wrote:

I was dictating got as far as the first and last name but when it
go to
the phone number seemed like it was not letting me dictate it is this
just how it is or did I not tap on the right thing to allow me to
dictate the number.
Donna Thanks for help..

Pauline

Carolyn, sorry for the misspelling of your name.
The message got away from me before I could check the proper spelling.

Pauline

wrote:

I was dictating got as far as the first and last name but when it
go to
the phone number seemed like it was not letting me dictate it is this
just how it is or did I not tap on the right thing to allow me to
dictate the number.
Donna Thanks for help..

Carolyn Arnold

Thanks. I had no idea you could dictate them.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

OH ok great sounds good,so you just use the ap for adding a new contact no need to go to contacts is this right? DonnaAt 12:35 PM 4/13/2016, you wrote:

[...]

Carolyn, I think the spelling is nice and it is distinctive.
It just caught me off guard.

I know a person's name is important and I try to check before sending a message.
Thank you for being so gracious.

Pauline

wrote:

I was dictating got as far as the first and last name but when it
go to
the phone number seemed like it was not letting me dictate it is this
just how it is or did I not tap on the right thing to allow me to
dictate the number.
Donna Thanks for help..

Pauline

Donna, first you open contacts, and you can ask Siri to do that for you.
You find the add contact button and double tap on it.
Then, follow the steps I mentioned in my earlier email.

Pauline

4/13/2016, you wrote:
[...]

Well, you are welcome, and, of course the ine could make mine pronounced like the ine in Pauline. Anyway, as much as I wanted it, I thought I was too old to change it. I was married to a man for 47 years, who is now dead, but he used to call me Caroline, and so did his family. They said it with the I like in Carolina, the usual for Caroline.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

wrote:

I was dictating got as far as the first and last name but when it
go to
the phone number seemed like it was not letting me dictate it is this
just how it is or did I not tap on the right thing to allow me to
dictate the number.
Donna Thanks for help..

Donna

Hi were you the one who posted that we can dictate the number when adding a new contact,if so could you please re post it as I deleted it by accident,and also deleted my trash box..
Thank you Donna

-----Original Message----- From: Victor

wrote:

I was dictating got as far as the first and last name but when it
go to
the phone number seemed like it was not letting me dictate it is this
just how it is or did I not tap on the right thing to allow me to dictate
the number.
Donna Thanks for help..

Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...>

Hi Donna, this is already been pointed out to you on the other list of this is not possible name the company field and the email field. Dictating a phone number is not possible is the dictation button doesn't even show up within the ask phone field. If this is something that you would like, I encourage you to write or call Apple accessibility and see if they would not mind throwing this feature in.