Business email addresses

Armando L. Vias

I don’t know if this is related to technology, but please forgive me. I have noticed that some businesses use a Gmail address instead of a professional email address, like info@.... I understand that some businesses can’t afford Google workspace or other professional email because of their budget, but with cPanel, you get free email accounts. My question is, what do you think of businesses using Gmail accounts as their business name, like businessname@...? In my opinion, if they have a professional domain, they should have a professional email address.

Mr. Vias, not every business owner can afford a domain name! People with
very tight budgets barely making it in business need not worry about a
domain name; it doesn't make such a one less honest than someone with a
domain name. My business has had a domain name for well over 25 years now,
but it DOES NOT have a website; I believe I have SERVED QUITE A NUMBER OF
SATISFIED CUSTOMERS through the years. Someday, if I can get my wee, small
head around to it, I'll launch a website.

Anyone can use a Gmail address for whatever floats the boat. Heck, even
lawyers, doctors, accountants, et al in private practice use Gmail
addresses!!

If you're choosing not to do business with a company because it doesn't have
a registered domain name, hmm, you could be missing a chance to get some
real bargain methinks. What's important is a high degree of honesty and
probity and that, I think is what you should watch out for.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

John Holcomb II

They could use it thru GSweet, no?
John

I don’t know if this is related to technology, but please forgive me. I have noticed that some businesses use a Gmail address instead of a professional email address, like info@.... I understand that some businesses can’t afford Google workspace or other professional email because of their budget, but with cPanel, you get free email accounts. My question is, what do you think of businesses using Gmail accounts as their business name, like businessname@...? In my opinion, if they have a professional domain, they should have a professional email address.

John Holcomb II

Huh, you can have a domain name without a website?
Ok, so then how do people find out about you withotua website?
I thought that would be the entire point of having and paying for a domain?
John

[...]

Thomas N. Chan

I have manage or setup multiple domain into google app, changeto G-suite and now workspace.
You just need to change your mx records to send your email into your mailbox
You do not need ftp server  website or whatever fancy things yo ucan do with your own DNS records

My own, as well. I just redirect  to wordpress or some sort of shopping cart.
It will cost you $50 to $100 yearly just for the domain
$6 for google workspace monthly at least . for 30gb and more features
You are looking at $172 just to have your business domain.com on google workspace

It might be cheaper if you get the domain through google workspace but hey, this is the cost involve here.

If you want more you pay a few dollars monthly and you get 100gb if I remember that correctly.
Regards,
Thomas N. Chan