FW: [nvda] Event: NVDACon 2016/Tenth Anniversary Edition, Thursday, 21 April 2016 #cal-invite

Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...>

Hi everyone,

This is Joseph S. Lee, one of the contributors to NVDA screen reader project and the chair of the NVDA Tenth Anniversary Planning Committee. On behalf of the planning committee, NV Access and the wider NVDA community, I would like to cordially invite you to join us at this year’s NVDA Users and Developers Conference (NVDACon) 2016/Tenth Anniversary Edition.

For the past ten years, NVDA has been taking the screen reader industry by storm, serving as an essential tool for thousands of blind people around the world. This year, as NVDA community and NV Access celebrate NVDA’s tenth anniversary, community members, together with NV Access and some third-party developers got together and agreed to hold a special gathering in April 2016 – a gathering to celebrate NVDA’s achievements, reflect upon NVDA’s history, and look ahead to the future of this free, open-source, community-driven screen reader for Microsoft Windows. Not only you’ll get a chance to meet the gentlemen behind NVDA’s development, you’ll get a chance to glimpse the future with topics such as Dictation Bridge, learn more about how companies such as Mozilla have assisted NVDA community, and chat with authors of your favorite NVDA add-ons and more. We are also holding sessions for those who are new to NVDA, NVDA’s support for math content, learn about how NVDA is making impact in employment and so forth.

For more information on this conference, visit www.nvda-kr.org/en/nvdacon.php. You can also follow the event happenings via Twitter by following @NVDACon. You can also send an email to me directly if you have any questions or comments.

We look forward to seeing you at NVDACon 2016 (April 22, 23, 29 and 30, 2016; all times are in UTC).

Sincerely,

Joseph S. Lee

Chair, NVDA Tenth Anniversary Planning Committee