Interested in setting up a laptop music studio, advice, please

Sharon Hooley

Hi,

What hardware and software do I need to set up a music studio for midi and audio with a piano type keyboard and laptop? I am not interested in Band in a Box, as I prefer classical style with orchestral, as well as Blue Grass instruments.

Thanks,

www.CochlearAmericas.com

Jaffar Sidek

Hi Sharen.  I think, and this is the  most important consideration you have to think about is your budget.  To set up a reliable, efficient, and most important, glitch free and low latency home studio, as it were, you'll need a laptop with resonable processing power, a USB audio interface, a resonable Midi controller or piano if you like,, and if you can afford it, a mixer.  My advice for you though is to start simple, a good performing laptop, a reasonably priced USB audio interface and MIDI keyboard should help you get started.  If you can come up with a rough budget, i can come up with a suitable recommendation for you.  Also, look at your present Laptop specs, if you are currently using one, then I can determine if what you presently own can help you cut corners.  Cheers!

On 28/1/2022 12:39 am, Sharon Hooley wrote:

Hi,

What hardware and software do I need to set up a music studio for midi and audio with a piano type keyboard and laptop? I am not interested in Band in a Box, as I prefer classical style with orchestral, as well as Blue Grass instruments.

Thanks,

www.CochlearAmericas.com

Sharon Hooley

I have no idea about were lowest price for what I need. I'll probably need to buy a new laptop that will be mostly dedicated to music-related work. I understand from another message that Dell is not as expensive than others. What would you recommend that would fit a low budget? Actually, I think I might have enough funding for any price.

Thanks,

www.CochlearAmericas.com